Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Southern Fox

Danny Drinkwater

10 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

It depends what you want. I love DD as a player and every other aspect of his game is top draw. Even though he wasn't at his best last season, but neither were the side. But I remember reading In Fergusons book for example regardless of how good a CM was he always asked himself will he get me enough goals from midfield. DD scored 8 for us in the Championship promotion season. 3 in 3 prem seasons is not enough for someone of his calibre. He can and should be banging in a few more.

I completely understand what you're saying, and in an ideal world, I'd agree. However, if he was playing exceptionally well and banging 10-15 goals a season in from CM, he wouldn't be playing for us. Top draw midfielders do that, hence why Alex Ferguson said that. He managed one of the best teams England and the PL has ever seen. He could pick and choose a midfielder who had those attributes. We're Leicester City and we can't even sign Sigurdson from Swansea. 

Around November time he looked nailed on to win player of the season. All went wrong after that suspension at Watford.

If it's true he was playing with an injury then I expect him to come back strongly this season. Same with Ndidi who played a ridiculous number of games last year for a 20 year old.

I do wish he scored more though.

Think dd Is a brilliant player could play in a better side than us . And then think he would have more chances and score more . Too busy for us fire fighting . Also all the players should lean from vardy how to shoot straight on the run . Dd is so underrated by someand they hard to replace when fit.

21 hours ago, Unclenobhead said:

Just reading back on some old threads with the benefit of hindsight it's quite funny. 

How much do you regret this one now? ?

Haha yeah I was thinking that when I seen the date of the OP.

My biggest bit of humble pie I've had to take was tearing Morgan a new one after our FA Cup defeat v Villa in our great escape season and wanted him binned. Glad I was wrong!

My thoughts on DD are that he's a much better player when he believes he is playing alongside another CM of quality.

When it was him and James, he looked good. They both instinctively knew each other's game.

Of course, playing alongside Kante would improve anybody's confidence, so that goes without saying.

Last season, whether it be DD and Amartey, or DD and King, he knew, I think, he was gonna have to do the lions share. And he got fed up with it and looked tired and jaded. 

I think he'll be fine with Ndidi

DD has improved greatly since our Championship days, but he does lack mobility and I think he's better sitting in Midfield and allowing NDiddi to do the running. If Shakey decides to keep Albrighton on the left then you could see James come into the Team on the right.

Personally I think James is a better player than DD and given an injury free run in the side he might just go on to prove it. 

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

My thoughts on DD are that he's a much better player when he believes he is playing alongside another CM of quality.

When it was him and James, he looked good. They both instinctively knew each other's game.

Of course, playing alongside Kante would improve anybody's confidence, so that goes without saying.

Last season, whether it be DD and Amartey, or DD and King, he knew, I think, he was gonna have to do the lions share. And he got fed up with it and looked tired and jaded. 

I think he'll be fine with Ndidi

Makes sense. He has up to now had a very good season every other season, and a poor or average one in-between. This could be the reason for it.

You will find he had an injury for most of the season after Porto away. He was so important the club tried to manage him through until we were safe.

Be interesting to see if he starts preseason on time.

One of the best midfielders I have watched in the blue and hopefully back fully fit and raring to go - will be like a new signing!!

19 hours ago, crisp packet said:

If drinky plays well.

Leicester plays well...!

This is why we finished bottom half of the table. If Drinky comes back next season on fire, he will be like a new signing.... same with Mahrez if he stays!

He was excellent at the start of last season up to Porto away and I was frustratd that he went out of form but given that we were far from safe it showed how vital he was to the team.

Was carryiing a lot of the load post-Kante and also during the slump. Does make me wonder that if he was injured then how might Atletico been different f he was fully fit. Might have narrowly been edged out but still.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

He's better than Lennon ever was for us. 

That's a bold statement. I'm not so sure. Slightly different players with different strengths and weaknesses I think.

It was clear he was playing with an injury, and we couldn't sacrifice him because of our limited options hopefully this will be rectified in this transfer window, we need another quality midfielder on par with Drinkwater and Ndidi then I will feel confident that we can do well next season.

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

He has vastly improved in the last couple of years. One of our most important players. Can see him and Ndidi thriving next year. 

agreed.

All this talk of replacing him is nonsense. We need decent back up for Drinkwater, not a replacement.

I just find it hard to buy this 'carrying an injury' stuff. The way most report it we had a player playing with an injury in most of our games for at least 4 months. If that's the case we honestly are a joke - who does that? It sounds unprofessional and downright irresponsible.

On 01/07/2017 at 22:51, Long Eaton Fox said:

Danny Drinkwater is one of the best players to ever wear a Leicester shirt

That is complete rubbish. 

A competent player, a solid player, but one of the best Leicester have had??!?? 

No chance.

14 minutes ago, maddog said:

That is complete rubbish. 

A competent player, a solid player, but one of the best Leicester have had??!?? 

No chance.

One of......

He was a huge part of our title winning side so he most definately deserves credit as one of our best midfielders ever

Archived