Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Italian perception of Leicester City

Obviously when the club sacked Ranieri there was a baffling worldwide backlash and hatred towards the club. Particularly from his home country. I was just wondering if the hate has died down at all over there? 

I know there's not as much abuse on the club's Facebook page, but has anyone been to Italy since we sacked Ranieri and got any abuse for being a Leicester fan? I only ask because I'm going to Rome next week and I'm wondering if I'll have to tread carefully. Especially with it being his place of birth!!

I'm off to Florence end August / early September when we haven't got a game & was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't be a problem though, after all it wasn't us fans that sacked Claudio.

The reaction of the Italians I met at the Euros last year was nothing short of amazing & I'm sure many still have a soft spot for us even after Claudio's departure.

Much like this side of the world the reaction will be similar. 

Was a strong sense of national pride to them  in what Ranieri achieve with us surely but a lot of Italian clubs have had issues with Ranieri over the years so some will understand our decision. 

46 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Obviously when the club sacked Ranieri there was a baffling worldwide backlash and hatred towards the club. Particularly from his home country. I was just wondering if the hate has died down at all over there? 

I know there's not as much abuse on the club's Facebook page, but has anyone been to Italy since we sacked Ranieri and got any abuse for being a Leicester fan? I only ask because I'm going to Rome next week and I'm wondering if I'll have to tread carefully. Especially with it being his place of birth!!

Don't wear merchandise if you are concerned. I doubt you'd be instantly recognised as a fan otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I was in Rome in my Leicester shirt a few weeks after we sacked him, I was attacked by two people with a hammer shouting "Forza Ranieri" and died in hospital two days later

Condolences to your family, hope they gave you a good send off.

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

lol

This is a bizarre thing to worry about 

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Don't wear merchandise if you are concerned. I doubt you'd be instantly recognised as a fan otherwise.

There is no reason to be concerned whatsoever as far as the Italians are go from my experience.

If you are sight seeing in Rome they will all be bloody foreigners (non Italian) anyway so not an issue at all.

That said always bear in mind: "Caveat Emptor" or it's equivalent.

Archived