Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

9 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

lol okay then. He's that amazing that man city can't wait to get rid and the only other club interested was west ham. Must be a world beater

Trouble is Gaz that you've based your opinion on the fact that Man City don't need him right now.

Man City have ambitions for the Champions League, the Premier League and the FA Cup. He's a great young player, but Man City are after elite players.

No other clubs are in for him because they're put off by Man City demanding a buy-back clause. Time will tell if it's a gamble worth taking for us but right now we're getting a lad who is better than Marcus Rashford (who he's constantly compared with) but will probably cost about a third of the price.

27 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

A lot are going to be very disappointed when they see him play. He might be good on fifa because of his pace! But in reality he isn't all that. A lot of his goals for man city have been layed on a plate for him by the brilliance of silva etc. I would put a lot of money on him not scoring 10 goals for us. 

You seem very confident Gaz that he will not score 10 goals, assuming he signs, what price are you going to offer me on him scoring at least 10 league goals?

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Trouble is Gaz that you've based your opinion on the fact that Man City don't need him right now.

Man City have ambitions for the Champions League, the Premier League and the FA Cup. He's a great young player, but Man City are after elite players.

No other clubs are in for him because they're put off by Man City demanding a buy-back clause. Time will tell if it's a gamble worth taking for us but right now we're getting a lad who is better than Marcus Rashford (who he's constantly compared with) but will probably cost about a third of the price.

The fact that they insisted on a buy back clause also says that they see something in him for the future.  He's not a £50-£80 million striker, and that's the sort of player Man City want.  He'll never get in ahead of Jesus or Aguero, and modern day systems mean you only need 2, maybe 3 first choice strikers, long gone are the days of needing 4!

He's a young lad, and in todays market £25 million is nothing, time will tell if he improves.

But, I can't help but feel that this signing will be a bit of an anticlimax, I hope that feeling is wrong of course, but it takes me back to the excitement of signing Waghorn..............................  lol

30 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

A lot are going to be very disappointed when they see him play. He might be good on fifa because of his pace! But in reality he isn't all that. A lot of his goals for man city have been layed on a plate for him by the brilliance of silva etc. I would put a lot of money on him not scoring 10 goals for us. 

You must be a barrel of laughs. Three threads I've been in and you have posted such negative comments. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you can't air your opinions but maybe lighten up a little bit and see some positives in things. Glass half full and all that.

31 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

I don't think he'll score 10 goals for us either.

I think he'll score 20.

And every time he'll take his shirt off to reveal a t-shirt underneath saying "screw you Gaz741 off FoxesTalk".

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Not just that, let's give you an example. It's the 75th minute and we're beating man city 1-0. They are piling on the pressure and suddenly we all look over to the bench and they are bringing on kelechi iheanacho. Would it really worry you? Not really. He can't bully defenders, has a pretty weak shot (you would rarely see him scoring a goal out the box, unless it's an open goal) but I'm sure someone will send a YouTube video of him doing that! 

He just isn't all that in my opinion, Gary Taylor fletcher would score goals in that man city team. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

The fact that they insisted on a buy back clause also says that they see something in him for the future.  He's not a £50-£80 million striker, and that's the sort of player Man City want.  He'll never get in ahead of Jesus or Aguero, and modern day systems mean you only need 2, maybe 3 first choice strikers, long gone are the days of needing 4!

He's a young lad, and in todays market £25 million is nothing, time will tell if he improves.

But, I can't help but feel that this signing will be a bit of an anticlimax, I hope that feeling is wrong of course, but it takes me back to the excitement of signing Waghorn..............................  lol

Basically Man City will activate the clause if he becomes a 50-80m player.

I think there's a fair chance of that happening.

Just now, Gaz741 said:

Not just that, let's give you an example. It's the 75th minute and we're beating man city 1-0. They are piling on the pressure and suddenly we all look over to the bench and they are bringing on kelechi iheanacho. Would it really worry you? Not really. He can't bully defenders, has a pretty weak shot (you would rarely see him scoring a goal out the box, unless it's an open goal) but I'm sure someone will send a YouTube video of him doing that! 

He just isn't all that in my opinion, Gary Taylor fletcher would score goals in that man city team. 

Yeah it would worry me.

He's a one chance one goal man. Always in the right spot. Find him and he'll score, it's that simple.

Just now, Gaz741 said:

have you just been to a funeral today?

2 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

He's a small lad who's job isn't to bully defenders, but get into the right place at the right time, support Vardy and finish his chances. Ulloa can bully defenders, but would he scare us if Man City were bringing him on off the bench.

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Jesus christ a few years ago we were signing Gary Taylor Fletcher to bolster our attacking options, now we're close to signing one of the hottest young prospects in the league and some still aren't happy!

Yes, all he does is score goals..:whistle:

6 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

You seem very confident Gaz that he will not score 10 goals, assuming he signs, what price are you going to offer me on him scoring at least 10 league goals?

If vardy stays then he won't score 10 goals, if vardy leaves then maybe he will. But vardy is seen as the main striker. Whoever partners him rarely ever scores, because of the way we set up. 

Still got a feeling vardy will go to Everton, his mates rooney and jagielka there. Steve Walsh and all that. Lukaku leaving. 

Just now, Gaz741 said:

If vardy stays then he won't score 10 goals, if vardy leaves then maybe he will. But vardy is seen as the main striker. Whoever partners him rarely ever scores, because of the way we set up. 

Still got a feeling vardy will go to Everton, his mates rooney and jagielka there. Steve Walsh and all that. Lukaku leaving. 

I think you might be my new favourite FT member

1 minute ago, Gaz741 said:

there is a whiff of something in the air .............................................

3 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Genuine question, realistically who do you think could be a better partner for Vardy if not Iheanacho, for similar price?

4 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Cheer up for **** sake.

Guest BlueBrett
7 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Would I be concerned that a renowned super sub with pace, trickery an eye for goal and the best goals/minutes ratio in PL history was coming on to test our tiring defence? Errr no shit I would? You must be the coolest cucumber on the shelf.

1 minute ago, Gaz741 said:

So the price/bet? Put your money where your mouth is? I respect your opinion Gaz i just disagree, you stated in an initial post about a big bet so come on then let's have that bet shall we? With your confidence what price are you offering me? Based on your negativity, analysis and confidence I'm guessing about 10/1?

13 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Come on Gaz, you can't judge players on whether they'd suddenly turn a game against Man City ffs. He seems to have a bit more about him than being just a tap in merchant. Not that it's even a bad thing, because scoring those chances are the bread and butter, how many goals has Vardy scored from outside the box? You don't judge strikers on that.

Yeah of course it will help any striker playing with that quality, but you can't say he doesn't look a little more rounded here...

Archived