Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Iheanacho

12 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

If vardy stays then he won't score 10 goals, if vardy leaves then maybe he will. But vardy is seen as the main striker. Whoever partners him rarely ever scores, because of the way we set up. 

Still got a feeling vardy will go to Everton, his mates rooney and jagielka there. Steve Walsh and all that. Lukaku leaving. 

Whoever partners Vardy rarely ever scores because they are shit goalscorers.

21 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Not just that, let's give you an example. It's the 75th minute and we're beating man city 1-0. They are piling on the pressure and suddenly we all look over to the bench and they are bringing on kelechi iheanacho. Would it really worry you? Not really. He can't bully defenders, has a pretty weak shot (you would rarely see him scoring a goal out the box, unless it's an open goal) but I'm sure someone will send a YouTube video of him doing that! 

He just isn't all that in my opinion, Gary Taylor fletcher would score goals in that man city team. 

Bare in mind even players like Sterling, who had a brilliant goal-scoring record has failed to produce anywhere near the form he had at Liverpool in a Man City shirt (I know they play different positions, but still). Coming on and doing a job for City consistently shows there is definitely something about his game. Also, consider the amount of chances we waste - someone who buries them could easily be the difference between 3 or 4 places in the table (re. Slimani's header vs Bournemouth). 

11 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So the price/bet? Put your money where your mouth is? I respect your opinion Gaz i just disagree, you stated in an initial post about a big bet so come on then let's have that bet shall we? With your confidence what price are you offering me? Based on your negativity, analysis and confidence I'm guessing about 10/1?

Well I'm not a bookmaker lol I would place a bet on it if a bookmaker offered me odds on it. I will try

22 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Not just that, let's give you an example. It's the 75th minute and we're beating man city 1-0. They are piling on the pressure and suddenly we all look over to the bench and they are bringing on kelechi iheanacho. Would it really worry you? Not really. He can't bully defenders, has a pretty weak shot (you would rarely see him scoring a goal out the box, unless it's an open goal) but I'm sure someone will send a YouTube video of him doing that! 

He just isn't all that in my opinion, Gary Taylor fletcher would score goals in that man city team. 

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Whoever partners Vardy rarely ever scores because they are shit goalscorers.

Really? I'm not sure about that. It's the system we play. It's all geared for vardy. I'm not saying iheanacho is complete rubbish, but he is definitely not as good as people are making out. 

For £25m we could have got a top striker. Would have preferred Javier hernandez for sure. 

12 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Well I'm not a bookmaker lol I would place a bet on it if a bookmaker offered me odds on it. I will try

You don't have to be a bookmaker Gaz you just need to grow a pair and back your negative bullish opinion? Go on son back that extreme confidence let's have a wager shall we? :)

Guest BlueBrett

41 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

4 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Really? I'm not sure about that. It's the system we play. It's all geared for vardy. I'm not saying iheanacho is complete rubbish, but he is definitely not as good as people are making out. 

For £25m we could have got a top striker. Would have preferred Javier hernandez for sure. 

Can't argue with reason lol

13 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Somehow I suspect Hernandez and Vardy would be a terrible combination.

If Iheanacho isn't good enough for us who do you suggest? Perhaps Messi, Ronaldo or Suarez? Or maybe hijack the Neymar to PSG deal?

32 minutes ago, Gaz741 said:

Yeh, not one of our other strikers is capable of scoring a decent number of goals at this level (15 or so).

You're right in saying the team is built around Vardy - and it works for us, not just for him but for us creating chances for the team in general (when we do it properly).

Iheanacho looks a goalscorer to me, that's why we need him, and why he is offering something different to what we've already got. We can build the team around Vardy but we can't expect him to score all the goals as well.

Archived