Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

LCFC @ Luton Town (Friendly) - Match Thread

Let's put in some context.  A fairly easy run out in the first half after a hard travel back from HK in our only 3rd preseason game and first back in the UK.  I think some of the fringe players may be a little disappointed they didn't show more, especially Musa and Ulloa.  

Ok run out and no injuries so far.  Maguire looks very composed though.  Elder OK, but definitely 3rd choice LB I think.  Jaku nothing to do.  

Just now, dorsetboy said:

sorry but anyone who thinks slimani is not an actual upgrade to ulloa has either had there eyes surgically removed in their sleep or is getting some backdoor action from leo in a holiday inn after games .

Right now think anything will be better than Leo or Musa. Dreadful. 

1 minute ago, dorsetboy said:

sorry but anyone who thinks slimani is not an actual upgrade to ulloa has either had there eyes surgically removed in their sleep or is getting some backdoor action from leo in a holiday inn after games .

tbf neither slimani or ulloa fit our style of play. id bin both

Maguire will fit right in.

Iborra looks like when he gets going he'll be very useful.

Albrighton still as energetic as ever.

Simpson getting forward a lot which is good to see.

Can definitely see there's room for that link between midfield and attack though. 

Just now, Webbo said:

lol  who's this El dare?

It's a very French pronunciation.

Maguire except for that left header and Iborra have looked the best out there for us. Attackers have looked our weakness, Musa the best of the 3.

45 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Albrighton and Simpson dream right side for Shakespeare again I see

I'm quite confident this combination would create less than 1 chance per game on average, please see it soon Shakespeare.

It shows that this is an early pre-season game. Accuracy and urgency is lacking and most seem a second too slow to react. Pleased to see committed tackles and combativity though which shows the mentality is OK.

One thing that has impressed me is Simpson 1. Getting foward and 2. Putting in some decent crosses.

Elder as well put in some decent balls, fancy another loan for him to another championship club to see how he does. Some loan clubs you just dont perform well at, take Kane, Keane ect.

I think you all need to calm down a bit.

This is a pre season friendly. It's a fitness workout and a chance to try some new combinations.

We've clearly been the better team even playing in third gear, and we've got a good few games left to bring everything up to speed for the new season.

Lighten up!

Archived