Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

After a great result against Wolves in which you couldn't really ask for more from any of the players, we go on to face Burton. 

Despite it being a friendly, each player put in a performance of their lives and I just hope they can give 100% on Tuesday as well. 

:D 

Schmeichel

Albrighton, Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs

Mahrez, James, Ndidi, Lawrence

Iborra

Vardy

I'd keep a similar team to the one we saw today, because our first team players are seriously lacking in match practice/fitness.

Some changes:

Albrighton at RB - Provide some support for Mahrez.

Lawrence - Mahrez/Lawrence will give us creativity on both wings.

James & Ndidi - Drinkwater & Ndidi doesn't really work, because both of them like to play deep. 

Iborra - Solid on the ball, intelligent player. Might be a good partner for Vardy. 

Don't think the set up of two games in two days helped us for the last pair of games, makes me think the emphasis was mainly on fitness.

I'm not impressed with what I've seen yet but there's still time before the season kicks off for that to change. I'm expecting improvement for this and Gladbach.

Schmeichel, Simpson, Maguire, Morgan, Chilwell, James, N'Didi, Mahrez, Gray, Slimani, Vardy.

Shakespeare should be getting an idea now of what his starting line up will be against Arsenal now. Should be playing near full throttle now in my opinion.

Archived