Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

9 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Does anyone think Shakey will be gone by December? I hope not but....

If the recruitment team let him down this window, then I think yes. - he will be gone.

Just now, ronnup said:

It's ok to slate this and also not think it's the end of the world. It's dire. But it isn't a reflection of what we will do im real games. I am sill however disgusted. 

How are the splinters from all that fence-sitting? lol

10 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

we are awful !! 

feel sad for Iborra, left Seville for this rubbish . 

Can't say Iborra has exactly set the world alight. He's been our second best central midfielder tonight. Overshadowed by James but obviously much more involvement than club legend Kingy.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone saying the pre season don't mean anything, I'm pretty sure we were raising concerns LAST pre season weren't we?

Then look what happened.

Yeah but for a wrongly ruled out goal we'd have finished 8th and got to the quarters of the champions league.  So what's the point?

1 minute ago, Foxy_jim said:

Yes but it's 3 up front technically as in 433, like 90 per cent of teams play, it's not negative really, it's just that we are shite. But if we play 2 upfront at the Arsenal we will be on minus 11 goal difference.

But 4-3-3 is just 4-5-1 in possession. Since we're a low possession side playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 is not going to be conducive to the quick turnover in momentum we need.

People losing their shit over pre season friendlies lol

We play these teams not because we expect to get confidence up by smashing them all 5-0... It's for fitness, formation experiments and probably a way of introducing complex training drills/targets into a more competitive environment (as opposed to 11 v 11 within the club).

I'm sure Mongladbach will be the game we switch on and into competitive mode  at about 90% whilst Arsenal will be 100%.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Can we not expect to see decent performances in the pre season then? Why not?

why shouldn't we expect to beat Luton, MK, Wolves and Burton?

What we going to get out of the players giving it there all? tired, injured players is that what we want?

Its not like there is 3 points up for stake and they are going to be criticised after this, the players couldn't give a shit.

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What do you expect though, honestly?

Judge them next week after the Arsenal game.

God, no. We always lose.

This place will melt.

Maybe judge us after the Brighton game, eh?

Just now, Babylon said:

Yeah but for a wrongly ruled out goal we'd have finished 8th and got to the quarters of the champions league.  So what's the point?

The point is we were in the bottom 3 in February and the manager got sacked.

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Can't say Iborra has exactly set the world alight. He's been our second best central midfielder tonight. Overshadowed by James but obviously much more involvement than club legend Kingy.

Played some really nice passes... but is everything I was worried he is so far. Slow, cumbersome and doesn't really fit the 442 we are likely to play most weeks.

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Nope, not chill. 

Performances, pace, energy and effort have been woeful in all the pre-season games. You have seen the opening games we have, haven't you?  We are playing Arsenal next week. At their place. On TV. With the world watching. Nope, definitely not chilled at all   

Yea and I bet you we don't turn up like this because its a proper game, not a shitty friendly who no one even cares about including the players

2 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

People losing their shit over pre season friendlies lol

We play these teams not because we expect to get confidence up by smashing them all 5-0... It's for fitness, formation experiments and probably a way of introducing complex training drills/targets into a more competitive environment (as opposed to 11 v 11 within the club).

I'm sure Mongladbach will be the game we switch on and into competitive mode  at about 90% whilst Arsenal will be 100%.

Well we look unfit, haven't experimented with formations and I'd love to see the training drills that are resulting to this.

i agree on the intensity arguement though

Archived