Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

Just now, matty98 said:

What are we gaining from these friendlies if all we're doing is hoofing it? We should be playing on the floor only.

Our football is shit. Was last season under Shakespeare. Not going to change now sadly.

14 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

People losing their shit over pre season friendlies lol

We play these teams not because we expect to get confidence up by smashing them all 5-0... It's for fitness, formation experiments and probably a way of introducing complex training drills/targets into a more competitive environment (as opposed to 11 v 11 within the club).

I'm sure Mongladbach will be the game we switch on and into competitive mode  at about 90% whilst Arsenal will be 100%.

THis

So I've noticed this for a few games but now I'm sure. We've changed our system. Our two cbs now move VERY wide with our full backs VERY high and our CDM type player moving into the space. Actually what Barca do lol. I think we will be looking for width and ball retention using this system. Should be interesting on friday. Not sure whether to go but fancy us to finally see what we can do. 

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

My worry since the day he got the gig is that he doesn't have it in him. No evidence for this, just my gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong, genuinely.

Unfortunately, I agree. He seems tactically inept, and unable to unlock any initiative from our players. 

We will be rock bottom before Sept is done, looking at the fixtures. 

30 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Benalouane IS a great defender

Still better than the Morgan floated chip that @igfualol "loves" lol

Well, at least he's running around like Wasyl on cocaine today.

Archived