Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

2 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Love it how he goes for the 'instant handshake and everything will be OK' move 

Jeeeeeeesus christ. Why did he think that would be okay?

I was a real Benalouite last season when Wes and Huth looked non-league, but now I'm thinking sell. 

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Jeeeeeeesus christ. Why did he think that would be okay?

I was a real Benalouite last season when Wes and Huth looked non-league, but now I'm thinking sell. 

Shocking challenge, I too have liked Benalouane mainly because of his commitment dispite no playing time however I would rather we get Ben Gibson in and sell Benny, doesn't jump for headers and is reckless when moving out of defense to try and stop attackers. Wonder if West Ham are still interested.

Only piece of good refereing as well was in response to this challenge, should have been a red card but ref just let Shakespeare make a sub to keep 11 on the pitch, how it should be in friendlies.

39 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Apparently there have been quite a few behind doors friendlies this year. And some of our first teamers have played in these for fitness purposes away from the lime light. Could explain why we haven't seen much of Slim, Okazaki and Vardes. 

Where have you seen/heard this? Good if true, although they still don't seem particularly fit!

1 hour ago, WardyisPukka said:

Ulloa sorry but he's total dogshit now. Offers nothing! plods along and won hardly any headers last night against a pretty shit defence 

Stood up for him before watching yesterday but he looks absolutely dreadful. As a target man the ball needs to stick to his feet when he's got his back to goal - I distinctly remember one pass pinging off his shin and ending up at the halfway line. Forget striker, you would hope every Premier League footballer would be able to stick his chance away. 

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Where have you seen/heard this? Good if true, although they still don't seem particularly fit!

Agreed but definitely true. Ben Hamer is from Somerset, so know some of his friends. Kingy also has local relatives in the Tiverton area who I work with. :)

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

?

Ive had Babylon on ignore for weeks. And will continue to do so. I haven't replied to one post of his in all this time

LOL, I did not know that, and swear there were points you were replying to each other, and he quoted you. You two need to make up, and get back to the bantz. It's like having your parents not talking to one another and sitting in silence in the car when on a family trip! ?

16 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Och.  Bad result and bad team performance but, of course, ol' Rumble aint as down as some of you.  Results and overall performances been pretty bad pre-season but I don't think it is necessarily a sign of how we will play come the season opener.  Of course I would rather us win and rather the performances be good and some individuals do look pretty poor but I still cannot be fully down.  Pre-season is mostly about fitness, the tactics are worked on in training rather than the games.  I normally look out for individuals in pre-season games and I think, on that front, the signs are not completely negative. We know Schmeichel is great, Maguire has looked very good and Wes can still cut it.  Chilwell looked good tonight and Fuchs is one of our most capable players.  Simpson never really plays badly although right back cover is, I'll admit, a slight worry.  Ndidi will be fine and James has looked good.  Drinkwater and Iborra also don't worry me too much, they are both proven performers.  On the wings I feel OK too.  Musa and Gray looked good tonight and we know Mahrez and Albrighton are two of our best players.  If Mahrez leaves the wing is a problem but for now I am not too worried.  Up front Vardy is Vardy and hopefully Iheanacho is as good as we all hope.  Behind them we have Okazaki and Slimani who I have trust in.  ALl those mentioned have looked OK in pre-season and next game we will get a better indication still.

Now where we do suffer is depth but you could argue we always have and, moreover, we are Leicester City.  Even the big boys struggle to keep fringe players happy so we are not going to be able to have a bench of world class players.  If we are lucky with injuries (and remember no Europe) I trust our starting 11 to be top half easily.  I dunno, we'll see but I don't think things quite as bad as some see them.

X

Bloody love you, Rumble! I read this as if you were talking like the micro machines advert or had drunk about 10 Red Bulls before writing. Agree with what you said though. 

X

2 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Bloody love you, Rumble! I read this as if you were talking like the micro machines advert or had drunk about 10 Red Bulls before writing. Agree with what you said though. 

X

Ha, now there's a niche 80s reference I can get on board with.  Thanks very much, though, I love you too, deeply.  We'll see how it goes eh?  I still think we will be OK.  If we assume that we will line up something like the team below for the start of the season....

Schmeichel

Simpson  Maguire  Wes  Fuchs/Chilwell

Mahrez  Ndidi Drinky/James  Albrighton

Iheanacho

Vardy

I think the above team have all preformed pretty well as individuals in pre-season (and let's hope Iheanacho is the best fvcking player in the world).  I know folk get obsessed with results and yes we did look pretty shite but there were some individual performances/moments that boded well I thought.  The bonus is that Gray, Musa and Iborra all lokoed good too and could push for a start.  The only really "bad" performances were from fringe players. X

Utter shite. Back 4 is a total shambles and the midfield is all over the place.

9 days to go and we are still trying to sign a player you get the impression does not want to be here. Glaring holes in the defense and midfield and virtually no creativity what so ever.

I dont think we will go down but it will be a struggle.

On 01/08/2017 at 22:02, TheUltimateWinner said:

I remember those games, we trialled 3-5-2 for most of pre season and then ditched it like one game in during the proper season and went on our run...

Yeah was the first game away at Middlesbrough. We were horrendous in the first half, so we changed back to our usual system and ran with it until the end of the season. Loved that season. 

20 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

People are worrying about a pre-season friendly in which Schmeichel, Simpson, Maguire, Ndidi, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Vardy, Gray, Okazaki and Slimani were missing from the starting XI; had Amartey at RB, Musa and Ulloa paired up front and against a team whose season starts in 4 days?

Really? 

Calm down people. 

I get your point and some people are definitely overreacting, but I think the point that they're trying to make is that a few of our squad players just aren't up to it. The starting line up we put out still cost a hell of a lot more than Burton's, so you can understand anyone expressing their disappointment at such an abject first half. 

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Utter shite. Back 4 is a total shambles and the midfield is all over the place.

9 days to go and we are still trying to sign a player you get the impression does not want to be here. Glaring holes in the defense and midfield and virtually no creativity what so ever.

I dont think we will go down but it will be a struggle.

You mean the player who could of pushed for Spurs or Monaco? 

The guy who decided to stay in England and hope the deal pulls through rather than go to the USA and cause any more delay? 

I see Southampton lost at home tonight 4-0

3 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

You really must have watched a different game to me. We've all been critical of Musa, but credit where due.

I saw the same Musa with no first touch, easily knocked off the ball and with no end product whatsoever. Made the odd good off-the-ball run, but his decision making is garbage. 

On 08/01/2017 at 21:58, urban.spaceman said:

Anyone else remember a simliarly "poor" pre-season?

20 July 2013 Ilkeston 0 – 0 Leicester City XI [show]Ilkeston
24 July 2013 York City 0 – 0 Leicester City [show]York
27 July 2013 Corby Town 2 – 3 Leicester City XI [show]Corby
27 July 2013 Leicester City 0 – 3 AS Monaco [show]Leicester
31 July 2013 Coalville Town 3 – 1 Leicester City XI [show]Coalville

Remember what happened?

333FB6EA00000578-3554014-image-a-1_14613

CALM. DOWN.

Shout out to this post in a thread of doom. Early days still though.

Archived