Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

K Really not sure anymore. 

We got dominated today. 

Not really sure who could come in though? 

Available: 

Luis Enrique

Big Sam 

Alan Pardew 

Thomas tuchel 

De Boer 

Rui Barros (Porto until 2016)

Who could we potentially lure away from other clubs? 

Pulis?

Rowett?

Martinez?

Rodgers? 

Laudrup? 

Eddie howe?

18 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We got dominated today. 

Available: 

Luis Enrique

Big Sam 

Alan Pardew 

Thomas tuchel 

De Boer 

Pulis?

Rowett?

Martinez?

Rodgers? 

Laudrup? 

Eddie howe?

Lee if we got Pardew, Allardyce or Pulis I would honestly never watch a single minute of their tenure. Horrifying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We got dominated today. 

Available: 

Luis Enrique

Big Sam 

Alan Pardew 

Thomas tuchel 

De Boer 

Pulis?

Rowett?

Martinez?

Rodgers? 

Laudrup? 

Eddie howe?

And that's the problem, as much as I'm fed up with the shite football, who we can lure in won't be easy. Certainly can't think of any available managers, guessing Wagner etc won't be easily swayed or allowed to join. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

You hope, you don't expect, if it were that easy those teams wouldn't be top 7. Sometimes you get the points Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool last year wasn't it... most of the time you don't.

The issue for me is that we seem to be setting up against the top teams with the aim of not getting battered.

We appear to be happy to accept a narrow defeat then claim that if  xy or z had gone our way then we

could have scraped a draw.

1 minute ago, Sir Shep said:

And that's the problem, as much as I'm fed up with the shite football, who we can lure in won't be easy. Certainly can't think of any available managers, guessing Wagner etc won't be easily swayed or allowed to join. 

Money talks! 

Wagner could be lured at the right price I'm sure! 

18 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I feel for Shakey, honestly think if we had Silva available we'd look a completely different team and he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the level of criticism he's currently getting.

Should have bid for him weeks earlier then.

6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Some of the reactions and comments on here are pathetic, what a bunch of impatient drama queens, spoilt by an amazing once in a lifetime title win, we'll be fine this year, stop whining, 

people like you said that all last season and it wasn't until the manager was sacked at the back end of February that we actually looked like a team, if you don't move forward you go backwards fast in the Premier League and I can't see how we have moved forward this summer

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

You hope, you don't expect, if it were that easy those teams wouldn't be top 7. Sometimes you get the points Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool last year wasn't it... most of the time you don't.

I... Keep... Saying... This... Trust... Believe... Untill at least November, then reassess.

please just believe.  It is very verrrrrry powerful stuff.  I... know... This...

Edited by lnkstern

27 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Some of the reactions and comments on here are pathetic, what a bunch of impatient drama queens, spoilt by an amazing once in a lifetime title win, we'll be fine this year, stop whining, 

So this seasons poor start was down to playing three top 6 sides in the first four games.  And there was no need to worry cos we'll beat the other teams.  Well today we didn't.

Just like everything was going to be fine last season once the CL group stage was over.  It wasn't.

its got sod all to do with being spoilt.  It's got to do with the reality of the situation.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

So this seasons poor start was down to playing three top 6 sides in the first four games.  And there was no need to worry cos we'll beat the other teams.  Well today we didn't.

Just like everything was going to be fine last season once the CL group stage was over.  It wasn't.

its got sod all to do with being spoilt.  It's got to do with the reality of the situation.

Who said we'd win all the other games? The only people heaping pressure on today were people like you. Everyone else has said you judge after a decent run of games against the teams 6th and down.

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

The issue for me is that we seem to be setting up against the top teams with the aim of not getting battered.

We appear to be happy to accept a narrow defeat then claim that if  xy or z had gone our way then we

could have scraped a draw.

Virtually every team sets up to not get beat. You think Stoke took it to Arsenal or United? They sat back, against Arsenal they were now defensive than we have been all season.

People have got delusions I'm afraid and seem to have forgotten how difficult picking up points against the big boys can be. 

I'm not suggesting everything is fine, it's not, things can be much much better. But people are acting like we are rock bottom and it's Christmas. Calling for his head is laughable at this moment in time.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We got dominated today. 

Available: 

Luis Enrique

Big Sam 

Alan Pardew 

Thomas tuchel 

De Boer 

Pulis?

Rowett?

Martinez?

Rodgers? 

Laudrup? 

Eddie howe?

Ideally I wanted Silva before he went to Watford or David Wagner, I think if we had a vacancy we could get Rafa out of Newcastle

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Virtually every team sets up to not get beat. You think Stoke took it to Arsenal or United? They sat back, against Arsenal they were now defensive than we have been all season.

People have got delusions I'm afraid and seem to have forgotten how difficult picking up points against the big boys can be. 

I'm not suggesting everything is fine, it's not, things can be much much better. But people are acting like we are rock bottom and it's Christmas. Calling for his head is laughable at this moment in time.

I just don't think we ever perform when we try and contain teams, it usually leads to us having zero attacking threat and we make a defensive error and it unravels from there. I know gung ho against the elite teams is suicidal but we aren't great at parking the bus and it's a mockery when we try and do it with only 2 central midfielders, it's a waste of time.

I think he has been hampered by Silva and Iborra not being available because they should be upgrades on King and James. But we need to be braver and get on the ball and try to dictate games.

As I said, I'm not convinced and these type of games is where he should be truly judged. Bournemouth, West Brom, Swansea, Everton and Stoke in succession will be a crucial run in how our season, and his tenure, goes.