Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just don't think we ever perform when we try and contain teams, it usually leads to us having zero attacking threat and we make a defensive error and it unravels from there. I know gung ho against the elite teams is suicidal but we aren't great at parking the bus and it's a mockery when we try and do it with only 2 central midfielders, it's a waste of time.

We tried to contain teams in the title season from Arsenal onwards. I have no problem playing that game against them.

I just have a problem with how we play when we have the ball and have done for a while. I'm sick of seeing a cm receive the ball, look up and all his team mates are running in the opposite direction. Until we attempt to support the player with the ball it's going to continue like this.

Before we had Kante who could support all over the place, without him it just doesn't work.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We tried to contain teams in the title season from Arsenal onwards. I have no problem playing that game against them.

I just have a problem with how we play when we have the ball and have done for a while. I'm sick of seeing a cm receive the ball, look up and all his team mates are running in the opposite direction. Until we attempt to support the player with the ball it's going to continue like this.

Before we had Kante who could support all over the place, without him it just doesn't work.

I think this is why our away form is so poor, yet it's been over a year now and nothing has been done to rectify it.

Comes the day Vardy gets the ball more often than Kasper and Simpsons stops hoofing it to row z, i will gladly praise Shakespeare's managerial ability;

until then, i will state my case of him being downright out of his depth.

He should be given the U21 coaching job and we 'd better be looking ASAP for a proven PL manager who will help us secure a top15 finish.

I can live with us stuck in the bottom half of the table as the new Stoke or Swansea, but will not bare to see us turning into relegation fodder once again

Feel others aside from Vardy need to do more upfront.

It does seem as if the team are relying on his strengths to win games alone.

Will be quite concerned when he eventually retires, as it'll be very difficult to find and get another clinical striker like him.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

7 of the 13 were against the top 7

Spurs

Arsenal

Man City

Man U

Chelsea

Arsenal

Everton

6 were against the rest and that record is W3 D3... you know if we ignore all the other wins before your selection of 13 games.

Hmmm

Guess on the other hand we could talk about Burnley

Average squad

Sold their best  players in the summer, as opposed to our expenditure 

Win at Chelsea AWAY ( the team we are expected to lose against at home)

Draw at Spurs AWAY the team we lost 6-1 at home to a few months ago

Draw at Liverpool AWAY, no doubt people like you will be saying we shouldn't be expected to beat next week at home if we lose.

lots of misguided excuses

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

He'll be more judged in the next 6...

Liverpool (h) 

Bournemouth (a) 

West brom (h) 

Swansea (a) 

Everton (h) 

Stoke (a) 

Need some wins here big time! 

Lose to Bournemouth, West Brom and Swansea and our relegation odds will plummet.

Its early days but I'm being serious. If we find ourselves in the bottom three after this run of games, we'll be in some trouble.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Lose to Bournemouth, West Brom and Swansea and our relegation odds will plummet.

Its early days but I'm being serious. If we find ourselves in the bottom three after this run of games, we'll be in some trouble.

Totally agree mate. I'm prepared to judge him over these games but we need to see big improvements from yesterday 

Judge him when he has the tools as his disposal.

When he signed Iborra he spoke about it giving us an option to play in different ways. This likely meant three in the middle, which would have no doubt been utilised a lot so far this season.

Instead Iborra has been injured, not to mention Iheanacho and Silva being unavailable.

I don't think he did much wrong yesterday to be honest. I think the issues we have run deeper than just the manager.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

When you consider the fact that the owners were happy to offload the manager who won the title for us I would imagine 'Shakey' is feeling pretty shaky!!

I bet Shakey wishes he has the same set of Photos and negatives Rudders has?

40 minutes ago, Worthington said:

I did say I had doubts about appointing him full time and got a degree 0f 'dogs' for it. Said again, pre-season, that we seemed flat and unmotivated.. Got 'dogs' for that too.

Tin hat donned, I'll say for a third time...No, don't think he's right.. The first few games as caretaker got him the gaffe, but I think that was more down to 'player bounce' than CS!

Tactics are turgid, substitutions odd and, apart from 40 odd minutes at 'new Highbury' and SOME of the Brighton game, we've been second best to teams.

Didn't manage to listen to more than 20 odd mins of RL coverage yesterday, (hospital crap), but take it from comments that we were similar again! 

I agree - same here! (Took so much crap from people). I'd be happy for the owners to sack him and replace him with Rafa or Wagner. ? I would have had Silva in the summer! ? 

3 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

He'll be more judged in the next 6...

Liverpool (h) 

Bournemouth (a) 

West brom (h) 

Swansea (a) 

Everton (h) 

Stoke (a) 

Need some wins here big time! 

Yep exactly. This is the run we should pick up points in. Of course this was a similar story last year and it didn't end well. 

Time will tell!

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Just watching Palace v Southampton on MOTD. 

My prediction is that Palace will get much better but their next run of matches is a killer I believe.

It just makes their poor misses at Burnley even worse for them.

Honestly don't think they're a terrible side despite the unwanted record they acquired yesterday.

Think everyone needs to chill out a bit! Jeeez!

from the games we've played so far i don't think any of us would have expected many more points than we have. The performances haven't been that bad either. Yesterday wasn't the best but no premier league away game is easy and we do have our fair share of injuries.

The next 6 games would be fairer to judge CS and the squad on. Seen people suggesting we're gonna get relegated which is ridiculous at this stage. 

Having said all of this I do want to see us get that bite back into our game. We look a bit flat and passive at times. 

1 hour ago, hatasi said:

i think we have to sack him asap and sign a manager with a good EPL experience like Sam Allardyce whom i like alot.

Allardyce is a hideous manager, the football he plays is vulgar and we'd be up in arms. Likewise Pulis. I'd rather not be in the Premier League than be subjected to either of them pair. Pardew is another cretin too. There's more to football than survival, I want enjoyment too. There's no enjoyment from those dinosaurs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Allardyce is a hideous manager, the football he plays is vulgar and we'd be up in arms. Likewise Pulis. I'd rather not be in the Premier League than be subjected to either of them pair. Pardew is another cretin too. There's more to football than survival, I want enjoyment too. There's no enjoyment from those dinosaurs.

Yeah, it's been a barrel of laughs with Shakespeare, so far...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep exactly. This is the run we should pick up points in. Of course this was a similar story last year and it didn't end well. 

Time will tell!

Those six fixtures returned 4 points last season and 12 the year before. Perhaps we should be thinking 2 wins, two draws and two defeats the most likely outcome. 

• Like 1

Said he'd be gone by Xmas and he will be - he should never have taken the job and could have been prt of a back room dynasty like they had at Liverpool for decades but egos a funny thing....he'll be coach wherever Pearson eventually ends up (please God not here) and will be missed - tragic screw up by owners and him as well sadly. He ain't good enough.

• Like 3