Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

Less convinced now than I was 2 hours ago! Completely illogical starting line up, no apparent game plan, forced into making a sub which changed the game. 

If Coutinho lasts the game, or any one of Sane, Sarah, Firminho play tonight, we're out. 

I do rate Shakespere but I feel like he's getting worse rather than better. Lot of luck tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Less convinced now than I was 2 hours ago! Completely illogical starting line up, no apparent game plan, forced into making a sub which changed the game. 

If Coutinho lasts the game, or any one of Sane, Sarah, Firminho play tonight, we're out. 

I do rate Shakespere but I feel like he's getting worse rather than better. Lot of luck tonight. 

She's good...

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Cracking post, completely agree.

lets see what happens on Saturday. I really fear for him and I've nearly lost all confidence tbh.

Ulloa is an absolute shambles 

• Like 1

Not convinced by that. Lucked into a solution anyone could have told you (have a player who can move up top) by Leo injuring himself, and his tactical communication can't have been great with Amartey thinking it was 3-5-2 while everyone else lined up 4-4-2. Cup was about more minutes for players coming back, no doubt, but he didn't seem to be considering cohesion or anything else in that.

1 hour ago, Riot Van said:

No, needs to **** off back to assistant.  Can't be bothered to watch this turgid shit.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

As time goes on, I'm beginning to think no. 

Who could we get in? wouldn't mind Rodgers tbh.

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Im rapidly losing patience with him and his boring excuse for tactics. We are dreadful and we WILL continue to be dreadful. 24% possession? 2 shots? Not acceptable. He hasn't got the bottle.

1 hour ago, Jonezy said:

I starting to proper doubt him. Everything starts to feel like with Ranieri last season. 

1 hour ago, Tringfox said:

Liverpool desperately need a striker and we desperately need a brand new ****ing team!!!!

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Paulo Sousa anyone?:D

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Shakey is on borrowed time by the sounds of things

sad but he needs to sort it out and very very quickly 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Dead man walking

fair play they gave him a chance but he isn’t a premier league manager 

I hope he is well looked after 

1 hour ago, Suffolk exile said:

I think that it is obvious his time is over. The signs were clear at the end of last season. As others have said - be gentlemanly and let him go with some dignity. We need an actual manager. 

Football manager job description ...   win games .    :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

Think it was around the Ulloa change....the tv panned to Shakey,Appleton and Stowell deep in conversation, and my first thought was....that trio is vastly Inexperienced and just looked amatureish.

What a load of cobblers ...    they have loads of experience and how can three people having a conversation look amateurish ??

Giving minutes to poor players just so they don't get grumpy is my biggest peev tonight. He knows very well those two don't work upfront, and that there were by far better options available.

But, not just Shinji the whole teams effort improved second half. So, credit where it's due we played some decent attacking stuff second half. 

Lets hope he and the players learn from it. I don't mind mistakes so long as people learn.

• Like 1

Poor team selection. No changes at half time. Questionable tactics on the whole. Definitely a lot to be worried about. 

On the plus side Vardy and Slimani are among the goals. Maguire and now Dragovic give us genuine quality and depth at centre back. 

Lets see where he goes from here. He complained about luck going against us but he should buy a scratch card because we mugged Liverpool tonight. But all managers need some luck at some point and if he learns from his lessons we could push on. I'm not convinced but I'm not anti-Shakespeare, but we must do better. 

Midfield remains my big concern. Gutted to have the Silva situation hanging over us but we keep persevering with two in the middle and getting outrun. Same as last year. Iborra was terrible and James is injured so what do we do for Saturday? I guess King comes in...

Edited by StriderHiryu

6 minutes ago, matty98 said:

He can't win with some people. Made the change we needed and it won us the game, yes it was forced by injury but he still picked the right player to do the job.

If Liverpool had been able to hit a barn door, he would've lost us the game in the first 45.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matty98 said:

He can't win with some people. Made the change we needed and it won us the game, yes it was forced by injury but he still picked the right player to do the job.

But how long would he have kept the same side if his hand wasn't forced? ... Oka for a an injured was Ulloa was a decision that the tea lady could make tbf!