Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

His substitutions are questionable. Which is ironic given how we praised him last year in certain games. 

Okazaki was still a threat. Thought he should have stayed on. Ok maybe it's a fitness issue, fair enough. But Iheanacho? Who we still haven't seen anything of, when we're behind. Should it have Slimani at that point? Probably

But then to take albrigton off shortly after; who you want on the pitch to put those balls in was a massive own goal. Ended up sticking Vardy on the right, making no impact.

After that penalty miss, we still had over 10 mins. Enough time to get a result. But didn't look like scoring at all

I think we need to back off a bit and review his performance after 10 to 12 premier games, we know he's a bloody good coach, and should be given a few more games to show that he can be a good manager. It's unfortunate that we've been having to raid the physio's couch to put out a team. I'd like to see what he can do with more "player resources" available to him before we show him the door.

To be fair, our dire position partly reflects the luck of the draw. Of the six opening matches we played the Arse, Chelski, Man Ure and Liverpool.

But really it won't do. I wasn't convinced that Shakey was the right man for the job last year (and said so on here - I'm not being wise after the event) and am more than ever convinced that he is out of his depth. If we go on like this then a relegation struggle looks inevitable.

I actually suspect that he wasn't the owner's first choice - and we could not attract a top level manager who would signal ambition, but i've no evidence for that of course.

The ball must lie with the owners now. They hesitated, with good reason about removing Claudio and left it perilously late. I hope they will start thinking of a replacement for Shakey very soon. A bad defeat against Bournemouth ought to be conclusive. The owners' loyalty to their appointees  is exemplary but it is a high risk policy which is costing us - and them too. We could easily be back to rainy Tuesday nights at the shitty ground.

A second reason we are in this mess is (not an original observation by me of course) is because whoever is controlling transfer policy isn't up to the job. What is scary is that there seem to be no punishments for repeated failure.

TBH, what really scares me is that the owners might have lost their focus due to the court case in Thailand. Cases like these in Thailand are about politics and influence, and being entirely innocent doesn't necessarily help you, and in any case it must be taking up some management time.

You're entitled to ask who I would replace Shakey with, and TBH I'm not certain, (especially if I'm right that we tried and failed to recruit a top manager) but I'm convinced that he should go and soon. I would love to be proved wrong of course.......

Edited by midland_red

It's individual errors that have cost us that game. Vardy missing the pen, and Maguire ballsing up for the third. Shakey takes Mahrez off, leaves Albrighton on and puts on Gray, they both contribute when Vardy scores. Good sub then. Takes off a tired Shinji and puts on Nacho, brings on Slim. The armchair managers slate him again, but if he didn't bring on Nacho and Slim, they'd all be complaining that he didn't bring them on.

• Like 1

Six games for me. I won't be having a go at him until he's had a proper go this season against a more representative bunch of teams.

Bournemouth (A)

West Brom (H)

Swansea (A)

Everton (H)

Stoke (A)

Man City (H)

At least 9 points and an indication that we've got an actual game plan and that's good enough for me. 

I'm not happy and I have a sneaking suspicion that we're regressing but there's no point in binning him off now.

When he got the job I felt he was an excellent assistant manager but that he didn't have that extra edge to be the manager. He's done nothing to make me think otherwise.

I swear when the assistant manager becomes the top dog in 99% of cases there's that initial bounce and then the inevitable decline- this is going exactly the same way.

• Like 1

Players are definitely playing for him. Just think he is being too cautious with sticking with the same formation and his subs have been a bit iffy, especially today. He killed the balance of the team by trying to load us with firepower. 

Still hopeful, but he must win against the teams around us coming up, or he could be under immense pressure to keep his job. 

Out of his depth.

The only saving grace/excuse that he has is the 'tough start'.

But he's so out of his depth it's unbelievable. I've been so pissed off and frustrated in the last 2 games and I've made excuse previous to them really.

Happy with him as a coach, I want him to stay as a coach but as manager, I'm sorry but it's a no! 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Outplayed in every game bar one.

That on its own is mitigated by some of the teams we've played.

However King in a two,

givemnthe evidence known to all of us, tells me their is something missing in the tactics department.

More worrying is the fact he can't motivate them to play how he wants; energy from the get go.

• Like 1

As I said all along, all summer, and towards the back end of last season when we were shit that Shakespeare isn't the man. 

He hasn't changed anything. Our football is poor. Our midfield is weak and always goes backwards.

Wish this thread would do one! It's there at the top after every loss. Just give us time. We are transitioning, and still paying the price for Claudio's shit tinkering with our club! And his god awful ineffective signings. 

Once we have Iborra, Nacho and Silva all fit and ready to go then I think we'll be good. Shakey has had the worst luck with squad injuries. 

Wish those moaning about King wpuld also do one! The bloke nearly scored today and made some damn good challenges that got us back on the front foot, if that had been N'Didi then everyone would be hailing him as the new Kante.