Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

Im going to honest, even on the back of last year my gut feeling was shakey wouldnt last.

but, for me, its very harsh to sack him right now. Its gonna be tough without silva and we have played 4 very tough matches.

my biggest concern is lack of attacking intent we have shown in big periods of certain matches. Huddersfield was an embarrassment and we should be targetting these games to win

I want him to succeed but I don't think it's going to work. He made the obvious changes to the way we play and brought back a bit of team 'togetherness' after Ranieri left. Those changes got us through Sevilla and kept us up... but teams soon figured us out again. We were poor back end of the season and we don't seem any better this year.

We have had a tough set a fixtures and aside from the United game could have got at least a point from every game however his tactics are so naive and the subs are just baffling.

Against Arsenal their defence was there for taking so what do we do? Bring Amartey on for Okazaki and invite an attack with Ozil, Welbeck and Lacazette onto us! Shock horror we can't cope, get overrun and concede 2. Today he brings Albrighton off for Slimani despite the fact that Albrighton is the only player who will put balls in the box to get the best from Slimani! Slimani as a result was a complete waste of time! 

As for Andy King getting 90mins. I have a lot of a respect for a player who has given 10 years of service to the club but he is not good enough and is out of his depth, it's not his fault but he's not up to it. Shakey is picking with his heart rather than head

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

The concern for me is the delay in the announcement in the summer suggested we were looking around but couldn't find a better alternative.

The even bigger concern for me is Michael Appleton is waiting in the wings.

Agreed.

Tough decision for the owners though really, he made a great start, he did a good job, you could argue he deserved a chance based on that but can we really live on sentiment?

The Tottenham game alone was enough of a reason not to give him the job in hindsight.

Harsh and easy to say now but true.

However I do feel he's been let down by people above him and issues out of his control.

That said he makes some very strange decisions, very slow decisions and just isn't cut out for a job as manager in the top league.

12 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Wish this thread would do one! It's there at the top after every loss. Just give us time. We are transitioning, and still paying the price for Claudio's shit tinkering with our club! And his god awful ineffective signings. 

Once we have Iborra, Nacho and Silva all fit and ready to go then I think we'll be good. Shakey has had the worst luck with squad injuries. 

Wish those moaning about King wpuld also do one! The bloke nearly scored today and made some damn good challenges that got us back on the front foot, if that had been N'Didi then everyone would be hailing him as the new Kante. 

We are not transitioning. We play exactly the same shit boring football and exactly the same team every week.

We have a midfield that doesn't go forward. Our only midfielder that looked forward was Drinkwater and our only midfielder that drove forward was Kante. King is so so good at going back and when N'Didi does that too it's just shit.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Wish this thread would do one! It's there at the top after every loss. Just give us time. We are transitioning, and still paying the price for Claudio's shit tinkering with our club! And his god awful ineffective signings. 

Once we have Iborra, Nacho and Silva all fit and ready to go then I think we'll be good. Shakey has had the worst luck with squad injuries. 

Wish those moaning about King wpuld also do one! The bloke nearly scored today and made some damn good challenges that got us back on the front foot, if that had been N'Didi then everyone would be hailing him as the new Kante. 

Spot on my friend.  Shame you are so far away as we could meet up down the pub get hammered and put the world to rights. 

• Like 1

I have been very vocal in suggesting he isn’t the right man 

but we have been playing some cracking stuff IN SPURTS 

Rudkin has really stuffed Shakespear here 

I’m Going say give him 3 more games 

I feel he is now learning And if we give him a chance he might actually repay that 

I’m still not sure ... but he deserves a chance we are giving champions league teams a bloody good game 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Spot on my friend.  Shame you are so far away as we could meet up down the pub get hammered and put the world to rights. 

I'll go to the pub and get hammered. Having been to every game so far this season and constantly seeing the same shite I'll happily drown my sorrows.

I think any Premier League Manager would struggle to secure points when the fixtures pit you against Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea & Liverpool in the first six games, but that said if you want to have a successful campaign you should be looking to nick a point or even a win against at least one of these sides.

Substitutions are questionable to date & even though we won the title playing 4-4-2, it simply does not buy you success relying on this formation week in week out now. Subs cost us dearly at Arsenal, today replacing Albrighton with Slimani was baffling.

Andy King has been a terrific servant to our club and is a great championship player but I'm afraid not good enough in the Premier League, I cringed when I saw him named in the starting XI today with a European triple winning Captain in Iborra benched. Our midfield is now a real concern & we are getting bullied and overrun in the middle of the park and shipping goals. Ndidi is young and ever learning, but we lack a rock, a leader, a ball winner in the middle of the park that will break up play & open up chances for us to feed off. Even at Huddersfield last week they blew us away & we were lucky to nick a point. Really need this Silva situation sorted quickly as the whole thing seems a joke.

Mahrez for me has not had a decent game all season & should be dropped & if he carries on like this he won't secure a move away in January, but like King I believe Shakespeare will opt for his favourites.

I am not judging Shakespeare on the first six games but will after the next five when we play Bournemouth, WBA, Swansea, Everton & Stoke. If we continue to struggle by the end of that period with little return in points & sit around or in the bottom three then I sure will be, but let's put things into perspective if things didn't work out for Shakespeare & I sincerely hope they do is the big question as to who would be out there to replace him as can't think of anyone right now.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I'll go to the pub and get hammered. Having been to every game so far this season and constantly seeing the same shite I'll happily drown my sorrows.

It wasn't sh1te today ...    We nearly had them ...    and that with a team that most people think was wrongly selected and playing in the wrong formation ...  

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

It wasn't sh1te today ...    We nearly had them ...    and that with a team that most people think was wrongly selected and playing in the wrong formation ...  

"We nearly had them" .... when?

We equally could've been 1-3 down at half time. Can hit the post, Salah missed the open net from that and Firminho rolled one just wide .... and these are only "half chances" in my opinion.

The football we constantly churn out is very poor and our midfield are incapable of going forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

I'm gonna agree with the King bit but:

Is it the same Claudio that said our defence was poor and changed it to a back four

Is it the same Claudio who gave us the most unbelievable season I've ever seen at "our" club

Is it the same Claudio that we all thought was god in 2016

The man took us from relegation fodder to heights we never believed we could achieve.

Let's try to keep it to the question at hand because Claudio fell on his own sword and I for one will never say a bad word about the guy

To me, he still has a piece of my heart and he will always have my respect.

Ps: These are my views and if they differ from anyone elses then we have different opinions that all

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I have been very vocal in suggesting he isn’t the right man 

but we have been playing some cracking stuff IN SPURTS 

Rudkin has really stuffed Shakespear here 

I’m Going say give him 3 more games 

I feel he is now learning And if we give him a chance he might actually repay that 

I’m still not sure ... but he deserves a chance we are giving champions league teams a bloody good game 

I've seen Managers like him before. He's out of his dept. I was prepared to give him game time given the opposition in the early games. But he's learn't nothing and the players by their honesty are getting him out of trouble.

How he could pick King over Iborra beggers belief. We were overun on Tuesday and the same today and yet he never addressed it. He's trying to be all things to everybody and that never works.

18 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

We have had a tough set a fixtures and aside from the United game could have got at least a point from every game however his tactics are so naive and the subs are just baffling.

Against Arsenal their defence was there for taking so what do we do? Bring Amartey on for Okazaki and invite an attack with Ozil, Welbeck and Lacazette onto us! Shock horror we can't cope, get overrun and concede 2. Today he brings Albrighton off for Slimani despite the fact that Albrighton is the only player who will put balls in the box to get the best from Slimani! Slimani as a result was a complete waste of time! 

As for Andy King getting 90mins. I have a lot of a respect for a player who has given 10 years of service to the club but he is not good enough and is out of his depth, it's not his fault but he's not up to it. Shakey is picking with his heart rather than head

We didn't concede two because we got overrun though. We conceded two on corner kicks.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

"We nearly had them" .... when?

We equally could've been 1-3 down at half time. Can hit the post, Salah missed the open net from that and Firminho rolled one just wide .... and these are only "half chances" in my opinion.

The football we constantly churn out is very poor and our midfield are incapable of going forward.

If you want to play that game, we could have been 2-2 at half time if Vardy/Mahrez had buried our first chance.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

I've seen Managers like him before. He's out of his dept. I was prepared to give him game time given the opposition in the early games. But he's learn't nothing and the players by their honesty are getting him out of trouble.

How he could pick King over Iborra beggers belief. We were overun on Tuesday and the same today and yet he never addressed it. He's trying to be all things to everybody and that never works.

Iborra was playing on Tuesday ???

1 minute ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Iborra was playing on Tuesday ???

yes, but he was in there with King. It's not just one thing it's the approach. We needed to keep them further from our Goal knowing the ski;; they have. To do that we needed to keep Drogo with Morgan and move Maguire into the middle to win more of the Ball. Then give it to Iborra to distribute.

So Leicester basically played Liverpool even for 95 minutes, and Shakey needs to go? Makes no sense to me. The difficult start is done. Our worst loss was 2-0 @ Man U. Yes, we lost winnable games vs. Liverpool and Arsenal. We also beat Liverpool in the cup.

So people are pissed. I get it, I'm pissed. But Shakey is managing with one arm tied behind his back. He has no midfielders. Iborra is apparently still rounding into shape. If we have Drinkwater or Silva, we probably beat Arsenal and win today. We certainly play Chelsea closer. We are not far off the mark at the moment. 

The real test for Shakey begins now. We have to stack points, and I mean stack a lot. We need to beat teams with our superior talent, no more of this BS playing for 1-0 on a Vardy counterattack. That shti doesn't work as a Plan A any longer. 

I like Maguire, but the guy has cost us a fair number of points this season with careless play. His concentration and decision-making are suspect. We need to consider Dragovic and Huth in his place at this point.

10 minutes ago, vanity said:

We didn't concede two because we got overrun though. We conceded two on corner kicks.

How do you usually win corner kicks? By attacking the opponents goal and playing in the final third.

the fact is we were getting battered and had no outlet, how the goals finally came is almost irrelevant, it was on the cards one way or another 

Edited by Staffs Fox
  • Like 1