Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FraserSorensen

Welcome Kelechi

8 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'll almost gaurantee they will sing

kelechi wo oh wo oh

he came from Man City 

to play for ci-ity 

And I've got half a season of my Mrs dad  saying that ian what's his name to look forward to

Ha ha ha I pretty much guarantee that it will be the Cambi song which let's face it is easy, loud and sounds decent. I don't care I'm not a lyricist or judgemental as long as we're loud and proud wherever you sit/ stand in the ground! 

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who's gonna start up top? Vardy and Iheanacho or Vardy and Slim?

As I said yesterday, do you really have your 30m pound striker as a 'reserve'?

The even bigger question is why has Leo been getting so much game time this pre season when he's blatantly going to leave now

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Whoever doesn't start will be a '30 million' reserve,vardy is easily worth 25-30 himself in today's market 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If you start picking your team based on how much the player cost then you're doing it wrong, and smacks in the face everything that made us successful in recent years.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

If you start picking your team based on how much the player cost then you're doing it wrong, and smacks in the face everything that made us successful in recent years.

No, I'm not picking anything based on how much a player costs. I'm asking how you manage a 30 m pound striker as a substitute, possibly for more games than a few?

Slim wants to play football, I suspect.

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No, I'm not picking anything based on how much a player costs. I'm asking how you manage a 30 m pound striker as a substitute, possibly for more games than a few?

I'm really quite worried they will try to off-load Slim and keep Ulloa.  Better to have Slim coming off the bench regularly

Regarding keep a 30M striker on the bench - it adds competition for places in the team. It also gives us options when players are out form, e.g. Vardy had a rotten run early last year, but now we have greater strength in depth in that area to choose from. Also in the last 30 minutes of a game we can put on Shinji (more energy and link midfield with attack), Slimani (fantastic aerial threat) or Ulloa (someon to lamp the ball up to and hope it sticks). And that's on top of our starting 2 that are proven lethal finishers.

Arguably the best Manchester United team in Premier League history could choose from Yorke, Cole, Sheringham and Solskjaer. Didn't work out too badly for them!

Preseason results have been poor, but on paper we have both a strong first team and squad now. If we can survive the first quarter of the season without getting too many spankings from the teams that are spending big bucks, we could have a great season.We just need to make sure we can make enough chances for our front line to put them away.

9 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Compared to Slimani Ozaki Ulloa Vardy when we signed them he is . He has proved in two seasons scoring 12 goals with limited time on the pitch that he can play in the premier  league . 

Yes I'll accept that 

Had a sneak over to the Spurs forum eeing they were also rumoured to be interested in signing the player. They are consolling themselves that only a small club like Leicester City would have agreed to a glorified loan agreement seeing there is a buy back clause. I recon I have to agree.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well it's not what you said. You said "do you really have a £30m striker in reserve?" Which I read as implying that if a striker costs you that much, then you pick him. Slimani has to win his place, as does Vardy and Iheanacho. And Okazaki and Ulloa for that matter. I don't know Shakespeare's thinking ATM, I don't know how fit Iheanacho is, so I've no clue who'll start next week, but whoever misses out can either fight for his spot or move on at the next opportunity if he's not happy. 

I hope the signing of Iheanacho puts some fire in Slimani's belly to fight for his place. You say he'll want to play, but so will Iheanacho, and you don't spend £25m on a new striker if you're happy with what you've got, so that should be a big wake up call to Slimani that if he wants to play he has to do more to do so.

Archived