Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FraserSorensen

Welcome Kelechi

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well it's not what you said. You said "do you really have a £30m striker in reserve?" Which I read as implying that if a striker costs you that much, then you pick him. Slimani has to win his place, as does Vardy and Iheanacho. And Okazaki and Ulloa for that matter. I don't know Shakespeare's thinking ATM, I don't know how fit Iheanacho is, so I've no clue who'll start next week, but whoever misses out can either fight for his spot or move on at the next opportunity if he's not happy. 

I hope the signing of Iheanacho puts some fire in Slimani's belly to fight for his place. You say he'll want to play, but so will Iheanacho, and you don't spend £25m on a new striker if you're happy with what you've got, so that should be a big wake up call to Slimani that if he wants to play he has to do more to do so.

Good post. Completely agree.

51 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who's gonna start up top? Vardy and Iheanacho or Vardy and Slim?

As I said yesterday, do you really have your 30m pound striker as a 'reserve'?

Given we probably rate all three at 30m, one of them has to sit out.

It'll either be Slim or Iheanacho depending on the opponent.

Does the  £50m buy back clause concern anyone? Sounds like he's on loan!

I'd hate to think we will have developed Kelechi's standing and reputation as  a world class player (like Mahrez?) just for Man City to decide, thanks...we'll have him back now.

I hope the  £50m is indexed against inflation. In 4 years time  £50m might be peanuts at the rate things are going.

1 minute ago, ultrafox said:

Does the 50m buy back clause concern anyone? Sound like he's on loan!

I'd hate to think we will have developed Kelechi's standing and reputation as  a world class player (like Mahrez?) just for Man City to decide, thanks...we'll have him back now.

I hope the 50m is indexed against inflation. In 4 years time 50m might be peanuts at the rate things are going.

Doesn't bother me, if he goes back for 50 mill he's done a great job and would probably want to move to a bigger club by then anyway.

43 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Do you think Slim is going to accept this?

It's up too him to find the goals when he gets his chance Col. Come on, market value is unimportant, it's what happens on the pitch that dictates who plays and who doesn't.

In my opinion all three strikers will get plenty of minutes to prove themselves and it wouldn't surprise me to see Vardys time on the pitch restricted too.

44 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

If you start picking your team based on how much the player cost then you're doing it wrong, and smacks in the face everything that made us successful in recent years.

What would our most expensive team look like?

Jak

Amartey Maguire Benalouane Fuchs

Musa Iborra Mendy Gray

Iheanacho Slimani

Have I missed someone obvious?

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Jak

Musa Iborra Mendy Gray

Iheanacho Slimani

It's just whether you put a player we paid for out position at left back seeing as Fuchs and Chillwell cost nothing.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Jak

Musa Iborra Mendy Gray

Iheanacho Slimani

Take out Fuchs, put Ulloa in and go 3-4-3.

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

What does this mean for Okazaki? Will he even be needed anymore in the league?

Fewer games as a starter but coming on as a sub.

They guy has proven time and again that we play better with him in the team. He'll be an important part of the squad and it would not surprise me if gets a run at some point. I think he will be slowly phased out and may leave next year, but it depends how well Kelechi does. If he comes in and scores 15-20 then it's curtains for Shinji, but there is no guarantee of that and Shinji is a brilliant team player.

36 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I hope the signing of Iheanacho puts some fire in Slimani's belly to fight for his place. You say he'll want to play, but so will Iheanacho, and you don't spend £25m on a new striker if you're happy with what you've got, so that should be a big wake up call to Slimani that if he wants to play he has to do more to do so.

I don't think there's any doubt that Slimani lacks fight and drive when he plays - he's alwyas chasing and hustling.. the problem is, aerial ability aside, he's just not very good at football.

Vardy, Slimani, Iheanacho, Okazaki is a good 4 options up front. Each of them offer something different, I like it.

I look forward to seeing how we fail to use them properly and end up with Ulloa up front on his own

With the high pressing game and balls through to Vardy, we do not play to Slimanis strength.

He won't beat 2 men for pace, neither can he hold up play. But put the ball on his head from 10 yards out and he will score.

Its not that he is a bad player, he just doesn't fit how we play.

For him to shine we need Albrighton aiming crosses for his head left,right, centre, and him being the main focal point to our attack but we know that won't happen.

His situation reminds me a lot of Benteke at Liverpool, a good striker that didn't fit in with their style of play.

He played under a different style at Villa and now Palace and is back among the goals.

7 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

With the high pressing game and balls through to Vardy, we do not play to Slimanis strength.

He won't beat 2 men for pace, neither can he hold up play. But put the ball on his head from 10 yards out and he will score.

Its not that he is a bad player, he just doesn't fit how we play.

For him to shine we need Albrighton aiming crosses for his head left,right, centre, and him being the main focal point to our attack but we know that won't happen.

His situation reminds me a lot of Benteke at Liverpool, a good striker that didn't fit in with their style of play.

He played under a different style at Villa and now Palace and is back among the goals.

He is our Giroud.  A must keep for me for us to have a plan B

A hell of a lot of weight and expectation on a young lads shoulders.  Remember he doesn't have Silva and De Bruyne feeding him any more.  His strike rate and goals:games ratio is going to severely drop.  No doubt he is a talent, my main concern is with the fans.  We all know someone who's a Leicester fan that will be on a players back purely because we spent so much money on him and he's not scoring every other game (Slimani in recent history)

He could do with an "Ulloa" or "Bamba" type start to his Leicester career.  A "Mendy" start or even a "Vardy" start could really hamper him and his progression and I'm afraid that a section of fans will start to get on his back. From his interviews and stuff I've seen he seems to be a really humble lad so I hope he's given the time to win the fans over should he not have a blistering start to his time here.  I think modern day football blinkers some people to the fact that he's still a young lad, same with Gray.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

A hell of a lot of weight and expectation on a young lads shoulders.  Remember he doesn't have Silva and De Bruyne feeding him any more.  His strike rate and goals:games ratio is going to severely drop.  No doubt he is a talent, my main concern is with the fans.  We all know someone who's a Leicester fan that will be on a players back purely because we spent so much money on him and he's not scoring every other game (Slimani in recent history)

He could do with an "Ulloa" or "Bamba" type start to his Leicester career.  A "Mendy" start or even a "Vardy" start could really hamper him and his progression and I'm afraid that a section of fans will start to get on his back. From his interviews and stuff I've seen he seems to be a really humble lad so I hope he's given the time to win the fans over should he not have a blistering start to his time here.  I think modern day football blinkers some people to the fact that he's still a young lad, same with Gray.

Great post

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

A hell of a lot of weight and expectation on a young lads shoulders.  Remember he doesn't have Silva and De Bruyne feeding him any more.  His strike rate and goals:games ratio is going to severely drop.

Neither do Nigeria, and he's done just as well when he's played for them

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's what we pay a manager for - what the fans think of him shouldn't have that much of an effect. As long as he doesn't have an "Ulloa" type finish to his carreer here - I won't get on his back.

15 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Neither do Nigeria, and he's done just as well when he's played for them

Games against Mali, Luxembourg, Tanzania and Zambia are a bit different to games against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.  

11 minutes ago, trabuch said:

That's what we pay a manager for - what the fans think of him shouldn't have that much of an effect. As long as he doesn't have an "Ulloa" type finish to his carreer here - I won't get on his back.

Weight of opinion has an affect on the majority people and with him being a young lad could do so more.  If you've got 20,000 people singing your name you'd play better.

Archived