Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Loan Watch 2017/18

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Elliott Moore - OH Leuven's captain for the first time in a 2-2 draw against leaders Cercle Brugge, leaving them still five points behind in 3rd place

Callum Elder - on the bench for Wigan in the 2-0 home win against Gillingham - the Latics remain in first spot in League One, two points ahead of Shrewsbury, with one game in hand

Bartosz Kapustka: Not in the squad for Freiburg's goalless draw against Leverkusen, apparently out with an illness

Nampalys Mendy continues to bring OGC Nice bad luck: Substituted in the 1-0 home defeat against Toulouse - the fans aren't overly happy with his performances

Islam Slimani - out injured still

Ahmed Musa - the Russian Premier League doesn't resume up until the start of March, but he might feature in the Europa League matches against Red Star Belgrade this month

Andy King - not allowed to play against his parent club yesterday

Raul Uche - played 25 minutes in Real Betis B's 2-2 draw with Huelva in late January, scored the equalizer in the 2-2 away draw at CD El Ejido this weekend

Appreciate the round up, although you've forgotten our Leo.

2 substitute appearances for Brighton in the Premier League since joining them on loan.

25 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Does anyone know if Freiburg has a buy clause at the end of the season on first dibs on Kapustka?

Although the transfer to Freiburg is a season-long loan, Kapustka may not return to the King Power, with the Bundesliga outfit given the option to buy the Pole, for a reported €6m (£5.3m), at the end of the campaign.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-kapustka-205053

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

Does anyone know if Freiburg has a buy clause at the end of the season on first dibs on Kapustka?

I think any foreign loan has to have a mandatory option to buy fee.

No idea what Musa's is but I hope he rips the Russian league a new one. 

Elliott Moore had his 24th straight league game for OH Leuven today, this in a 1-0 win against Lierse, which puts Leuven back in 2nd spot in the table. The dream of promotion continues, also because leaders Cercle Bruggle struggled against bottom-of-the-table Tubize, only snatching a single point.

Callum Elder got another 90 minutes in League One, as leaders Wigan lost 3-1 at Southend.

Bartosz Kapustka was left out of the Freiburg squad again and missed the 2-1 away loss at Hannover.

Nampalys Mendy's and OGC Nice's woes continue - another loss with Mendy in the squad, this time at Dijon.

Islam Slimani remains injured and thus didn't feature for Newcastle once more.

Leo Ulloa made another short cameo - his third in a row - as a substitute for Brighton in the 1-1 draw with Stoke.

Andy King came on right before the end in Swansea's 1-0 home win against Burnley.

Raul Uche went the full 90 minutes for Real Bétis B in the 1-1 home draw against Melilla.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Ulloa scored a great header against Coventry.

Watched the game especially for him and Knocky. He had a rather poor overall game and gave the ball away a lot. I thought he was better than that - maybe he's just getting used to his new teammates. That other new signing upfront did the biz though. On that showing Brighton won't be buying him at the end of the season but I hope they do.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Watched the game especially for him and Knocky. He had a rather poor overall game and gave the ball away a lot. I thought he was better than that - maybe he's just getting used to his new teammates. That other new signing upfront did the biz though. On that showing Brighton won't be buying him at the end of the season but I hope they do.

Age always seems to catch up with the big guys first....

47 minutes ago, MPH said:

Age always seems to catch up with the big guys first....

PIn point cross from a 37 year old, Bruno. Played together before. Typical Ulloa goal. It all depends on the service. 

Will Ulloa make the first team at Brighton (reserves played v Coventry) as a younger alternative to Glenn Murray?  

Edited by Perseus

5 hours ago, FIF said:

Ulloa often had games like that for us, usually in the cold. There were some games where everything would just bounce off him. If he could be a bit more consistent he would have had more games for us I'm sure because on his day he was very very effective.

3 hours ago, Perseus said:

PIn point cross from a 37 year old, Bruno. Played together before. Typical Ulloa goal. It all depends on the service. 

Will Ulloa make the first team at Brighton (reserves played v Coventry) as a younger alternative to Glenn Murray?  

Well, like you said... This was Coventry they played... 

20 hours ago, Spicer said:

Elder played all 90 minutes of Wigan's 1-0 victory over Man City.

He was solid in defense and handled Bernardo Silva, Danilo (first half) and Walker (second half) well. He wasn't great on the ball and isn't particularly mobile, but he handled Man City better than Fuchs or Chillwell ironically.

On TV  they said surprise he hadnt  been anywhere  near Leicesters first team  .

1 hour ago, Foxaholic ME said:

On TV  they said surprise he hadnt  been anywhere  near Leicesters first team  .

He might get a chance especially as Fuchs's contract is running down. He seems to be in the Simpson/Amartey mold where they are good defenders but not so much at going forward and supporting the attack.