Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

I bloody love Willian. So underrated. Interestingly looked like the missing ingrediant that the Barca side needed tonight but I guess ordinerally they get that from Coutinho.

So strange seeing Barca set up in a 4-4-2 and send long balls down either channel. Valverde certainly has balls changing their style that much. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I bloody love Willian. So underrated. Interestingly looked like the missing ingrediant that the Barca side needed tonight but I guess ordinerally they get that from Coutinho.

Dembele will probably surpass Willian in ability, I agree though that he's a terrific player - he tore us apart when we lost 3-1 to Chelsea in the great escape season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I need to watch this guy in real life.

I've been lucky enough to see Messi live albeit an Ireland v Argentina friendly. Was near the first row just to the left of the goal (shit seats in fairness but got lucky with the most of the action at my end). His touch was incredible,  he was fouled a few times in the box too and could easily have gone down but decide not to and continued to skin people instead.

Would love to see him in action for Barca live.

14 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Agreed, this has gone near perfect for us in terms of our cup game. Chelsea aren't out and have a chance, all set up for them to run themselves into the ground in Barca.

They're out, reckon they needed a 2 goal lead for the 2nd leg.

14 hours ago, AjcW said:

So strange seeing Barca set up in a 4-4-2 and send long balls down either channel. Valverde certainly has balls changing their style that much. 

Agree about the 442 bit but the long balls into the channels? They play too much into feet. Whats why they were struggling to break down teams like alaves and getafe at home recently.

The team lacks the dynamism of the past with people who could run behind at times.

Also ousmane dembele has been injured almost all season so the 442 was at least to some extent forced on valverde who has even used andre gomes and deulofeu as wide right players

Seen a video of Liverpool fans in an Irish bar in Porto last week just wondered if other English club fans take over city’s for the week when they go away in the champions league or because it’s a fairly regular occurance for the “top 4” do they just treat it as a nearly normal away game?

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Heard them on talksport saying Sevilla wouldn’t do well in the PL and this should be comfortable for United. Reason because we beat them last season lol what a joke, they are a top 4-5 La Liga side and very capable of beating this united team 

Sevillas bottle was questionable after letting us back into it but they were very good for 60 minutes in the first leg last year.

Making out that they wouldn't do well in the premier league is almost laughable though. They have an excellent record in the Europa league and beat Liverpool in a final.