Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

10 minutes ago, shen said:

So close to 5!!

Edit: And another big chance! This tie is not over at all...

It shows if Celtic's opponents in their Scottish league notices this game and knows they struggle under constant forward pressure, it gives them hope in that they can potentially beat them finally if they adopt Astana's approach.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

:(

is it hartson on commentary? spent ten minutes completely shitting himself, they scored and he says "nobody was actually worried they were going to lose". his voice has been about 4 octaves higher the whole second half the nonce. 

• Like 2

This is my favourite football story of the season so far. Qarabag from Azerbaijan getting into the Champions League after knocking out Copenhagen in the play-off round. I was intrigued by the name and I didn't realise it was a different version of Karabakh - a name familiar from the Nagorno-Karabakh war in the early 90s. The club were originally from the city of Agdam, but that place has been a ghost town since the war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agdam

Here's a quote from wikipedia about their fans:

Although a large part of Qarabağ's support is drawn from the local Aghdam population, they remain immensely well supported in the rest of Azerbaijan. This is mainly due to their being the only team to represent war-torn Nagorno-Karabakh region in the league. The club is a sole remnant of the past and a living symbol of hope and pride for over half a million Azerbaijani internally displaced people

Remember the way Leicester players celebrated at the final whistle after beating Sevilla? You only get a brief shot of it at the end of this video, but you can see what it means to Qarabag.

It'll be bery interesting to see who they get in the draw for the group stages.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kushiro said:

This is my favourite football story of the season so far. Qarabag from Azerbaijan getting into the Champions League after knocking out Copenhagen in the play-off round. I was intrigued by the name and I didn't realise it was a different version of Karabakh - a name familiar from the Nagorno-Karabakh war in the early 90s. The club were originally from the city of Agdam, but that place has been a ghost town since the war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agdam

Here's a quote from wikipedia about their fans:

Although a large part of Qarabağ's support is drawn from the local Aghdam population, they remain immensely well supported in the rest of Azerbaijan. This is mainly due to their being the only team to represent war-torn Nagorno-Karabakh region in the league. The club is a sole remnant of the past and a living symbol of hope and pride for over half a million Azerbaijani internally displaced people

Remember the way Leicester players celebrated at the final whistle after beating Sevilla? You only get a brief shot of it at the end of this video, but you can see what it means to Qarabag.

It'll be bery interesting to see who they get in the draw for the group stages.

I looked them up to see where they were from after seeing they'd made it through today.

Love seeing teams like this do well.

Hope they can rustle a few feathers in the groups.