Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

On 2/23/2018 at 14:08, Dan LCFC said:

lol looks like you're all on my mates side and this was my argument...

Man Utd - theirs for me isn't that good. It isn't a disaster either, but I don't think it's particularly good simply because of the away goals rule. My argument was quite simply that they haven't come out of that first leg any better than they went into it, and if they do go through, it's despite that first leg rather than because of it. The bookies back that up as well as their price to qualify has dropped slightly. If it wasn't for the away goals rule, I'd agree it's a decent result.

Chelsea - I also think theirs isn't that good in terms of progression. They haven't won, they haven't denied Barcelona an away goal. The onus is on them and if they win, again, it's despite the first leg rather than because of it. Again, the bookies back me up on what I said, that Barcelona's odds to qualify were 4/11 at the start of the week, and they're now 1/4.

I rest my case.

They gained nothing that night, and it's gone horribly wrong tonight as I thought it could.

It looks like, for once, Mourinho's luck is out and they're finally getting some comeuppance.

Is it just me or did anyone else feel the commentators were incredibly disrespectful towards seville?

They were acting like they were a non league side.

Man utd were pathletic, but what else do you expect from a midfield with Lingard and felaini.

7 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

£250 million... And they cannot even beat a team that we knocked out of the Champions League last season!!! Joke Team!!!

Makes it all the better for me that we went into both games as underdogs,

into the 2nd leg 2-1 down and didn’t sneak through on away goals but won 3-2 on aggregate,with us the fans as the 12th man,

yet uniteds fans were horrendous,I think we made more noise in the fleetwood fa cup home game than there fans did tonight

4 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Is it just me or did anyone else feel the commentators were incredibly disrespectful towards seville?

Man utd were pathletic, but what else do you expect from a midfield with Lingard and felaini.

So disrespectful. Especially in the first leg, completely dismissive of them even though they were really going for it and causing problems. 

3 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Yes across both fixtures they have consistently played them down. In much the same way, the Spanish press did to us in our fixture against Sevilla 

4 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Ray Wilkins said they would be a bottom six Premier League side, the commentators just expecting Man United to get the goal and then the floodgates would open etc. 

Sevilla are good side. They've won three European trophies in the past five years, Liverpool conceded five and couldn't beat them over two games, they are fifth in La Liga. Man United should be winning over two legs with the second at home but it is no forgone conclusion.

Just now, Mrfox452 said:

They should've given much more credit to Sevilla, especially they way they bossed the midfield for most of the game. Nothing beats pundits brown nosing Spuds versus Juventus though lol