Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

They wasted one and three quarters of the two games before speeding it up a few gears and finally looking to drive forwards. What a wasted opportunity, didn't really need to try and play a sophisticated game of cat and mouse with these opponents, maybe if the special one just stayed in his laundry basket and let the players take their shackles off and play off the cuff instinctive stuff it would be theatre of dreams not screams tonight. Well done for the 0-0 away, keep celebrating it.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Ray Wilkins said they would be a bottom six Premier League side, the commentators just expecting Man United to get the goal and then the floodgates would open etc. 

Sevilla are good side. They've won three European trophies in the past five years, Liverpool conceded five and couldn't beat them over two games, they are fifth in La Liga. Man United should be winning over two legs with the second at home but it is no forgone conclusion.

Bottom six premier league side??????

They bossed Man Utd over two legs. The side that currently sit second in the Premier league! 

What a moronic comment to make!

36 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Is it just me or did anyone else feel the commentators were incredibly disrespectful towards seville?

They were acting like they were a non league side.

Man utd were pathletic, but what else do you expect from a midfield with Lingard and felaini.

Totally embarrassing but to be expected when they all live in the PL bubble and try to convince everyone watching that it's some elite league that no-one else in the world comes close to. It lowers the standard if anything. It's half the reason I'm buzzing whenever an English side gets turned over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turbogre said:

Best league position, fewest defeats, most wins, fewest goals conceded  and most goals scored post Sir Alex.

Na, he's useless because of tonight.

****s sake ?

I agree with your sentiment, unfortunately the manner and style in which he has achieved that is worlds apart from how fergie set out his United. I’d love to see the effect a more attack minded manager would have on that team considering the talent that’s available.

34 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Mourinho really should be finished in top level football, his ego will get in the way of any further real success. Can't keep giving him a blank chequebook.

Yet people say Guradiola only wins because of the cash he throws around lol

Also I know a plastic spurs and united fan, they've lost their heads in the group chat as soon as I piped up 

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Yet people say Guradiola only wins because of the cash he throws around lol

Ridiculous isn’t it! He’s turned Sterling into a worldie! Man has management talent! 

Couldnt believe Man Utd’s bench... they were the away team tonight, easiest £50 I’ve ever made. 

Nothing funnier than angry United fans in the pub I was at in Nottingham lol

• Like 1

Wonder did us beating Sevilla last year make the English media think this was a formality for Man U?

Sevilla fell apart after Vardys goal last year and their backbone was rightfully called into question (even more so with the desire and smarts of Atletico Madrid). People seemed to forget their decent form in the Europa Leagues - the same competition United won last year.

They also overlooked the 2 draws to Liverpool in the group stage. They can play and they were far more convincing in keeping Utd at bay then they were against us this time last year. The draw was a good thing looking back. Avoided the concession of a goal this time around and fully deserved to go through.

Just now, StanSP said:

come a long way from his Stoke and Blackburn days and still very under-rated. 

Ran the show! Funny looking at their side, they are half the team that we beat but he still holds them together 

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure why Pogba has gradually declined, even after an uninspiring start at his second stint at the club.

Should make us Look on The positive Side of our own buys...Silva/Iborra even Ndidi.

Pogba ..Sanchez..plus..plus. They cost alot of pennies,and are still struggling, also

a different Agenda for Mourhino.

Something should click,and become apparent to our own Fans..Realising

that , Puel and our new,maybe Special Players Like The 3 above mentioned,

do need, Space,time and Patience.

Even big Boys Like Manutd,Liverpool,etc also dont Hit The Ground running.

However,Mourhino -Pogba-Sanchez-team,struggling like they are for any cohersion,

has suprised me,how tactically so innept they were last night.

Just love it that Manure were knocked out by a team we beat at the same stage of the tournament. Maybe this backs my argument that ManCity are not the incredible best ever prem team that some on here make them out to be. The team in second in the prem like every other team in the prem have glaring weaknesses. Mancity don't have to be great to win the prem. If they win the CL I may change my mind, or I may decide that every team in Europe is shit at the moment.

It's just so funny Manure getting beat by a team we famously dumped out of the Champions League and that Ben Yedder a bloke who couldn't hit a barn door against us scored twice against them! and they are meant to be defensively great under Mourinho! lollollollol 

Looking at Utd’s midfield tonight told the story.

Ive said for a long time, Fellaini is stealing a living as a footballer. It’s obscene that he started for Utd last night. Their midfield is such a massive way away from the likes of Scholes, a younger Carrick, Giggs etc.

I’m amazed that Mourinho hasn’t made his midfield the main priority. Pogba can’t do it all on his own and the likes of Herrera and the young kid they have in there...just not good enough.

Great description of Mourinho in Spanish paper Marca:

"He's starting to look like a washed-up rock star, one of those guys that goes round holiday hotels for pensioners playing old hits on an organ with the bass and percussion playing on a tape recoreder". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3