Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

14 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Thankfully had the option of watching it on Irish TV so switched over for last 20mins..Ronnie Whelan quite good analysis in saying Chelsea bit unlucky in that they hit woodwork 4 times over the 2 legs and could have had a penny but at end of the day Barcelona seemed to have another couple of gears if needed.....Pundits now highlighting that from 5 teams in last 16 to 2in last 8 is a reflection on Premier League standard...All agreeing that Chelsea gave a better account of themselves than Manure last night... Eamon Dunphy hinting at same unrest that did for Mourinho again in evidence at Chelsea with Fabreggas ,Hazard etc all downing tools....Let’s hope this malaise carries onto Sunday ????

Impressed with Richard Dunne. Better pundit overall than Damien Duff.

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

He did us a favour vs Spurs though back in 2016 ??

And what a gift that was! But i don't know. when a player outside the top 6 is putting numbers better than his in a much inferior side, you start asking questions.

A top 5 player in the league shouldn't be this indecisive.

Edited by the fox

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

And what a gift that was! But i don't know. when a player outside the top 6 is putting numbers better than his in a much inferior side, you start asking questions.

A top 5 player in the league shouldn't be this indecisive.

Probably why he’s not been picked up by Barca or Real.

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Probably why he’s not been picked up by Barca or Real.

imo he will be in the next few years but as a "robin". he can't be the main man for a team wanting to win the CL. not clutch enough and can't carry a team on his back. even his POTY season wasn't that impresive.

But my biggest worry about him is his inability to produce on a bad day from all games i saw of him. He's a mixed batch, if he's on his day; he's very good. But, when he's off, he fades out.

37 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Back over to BT pundits I like both Lampard and Ferdinand, both very fair with their comments.

Ferdinand is good at times but BT has gone a bit too Sky Sports for my liking.

With Spurs and Man U the last week they just dismissed Juventus and Sevilla as no competition at all. Called Juve too old and Sevilla more or less a pushover.

Seemed to reinforce 'the greatest league in the world' chest beating as there was 5 English teams in the last 16.

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Ferdinand is good at times but BT has gone a bit too Sky Sports for my liking.

With Spurs and Man U the last week they just dismissed Juventus and Sevilla as no competition at all. Called Juve too old and Sevilla more or less a pushover.

Seemed to reinforce 'the greatest league in the world' chest beating as there was 5 English teams in the last 16.

Was that Mcmanaman who dismissed Sevilla? I watched the Juve game and you’re right whoever it was slated their defence as too old and then totally backtracked come the end of the game! 

6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Was that Mcmanaman who dismissed Sevilla? I watched the Juve game and you’re right whoever it was slated their defence as too old and then totally backtracked come the end of the game! 

Yes himself and the 3 pundits all thought Man U would win in 2nd gear. Even afterwards none of them would give Sevilla much praise.

Lineker pointed out that it shouldn't be much of a surprise because Spanish clubs have dominated Europe in both Champions League/Europa League.

Aside from PL Tonight on BT, which genuinely does tend to be a good watch though is hugely overhyped by BT themselves, ex-player pundits are the exact reason I prefer podcasts from informed journalists, who actually watch games. Totally Football Show, On the Continent, Football Weekly are just three worth a listen with journalists from various backgrounds and places who have considered knowledge.

You genuinely feel that BT were raging that Sevilla knocked out their cash cow Man Utd, ruining the dream of a Man Utd-Liverpool QF and massive viewing figures.

Personally hoping for some belting QF ties in the draw. Imagine Real-Barca, Liverpool-Man City, Juventus-Roma and Bayern-Sevilla :o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Aside from PL Tonight on BT, which genuinely does tend to be a good watch though is hugely overhyped by BT themselves, ex-player pundits are the exact reason I prefer podcasts from informed journalists, who actually watch games. Totally Football Show, On the Continent, Football Weekly are just three worth a listen with journalists from various backgrounds and places who have considered knowledge.

You genuinely feel that BT were raging that Sevilla knocked out their cash cow Man Utd, ruining the dream of a Man Utd-Liverpool QF and massive viewing figures.

Personally hoping for some belting QF ties in the draw. Imagine Real-Barca, Liverpool-Man City, Juventus-Roma and Bayern-Sevilla :o

Just me who found it a bit weird quite how disgusted Liverpool fan McManaman felt about Man Utd getting turned over?

As for the draw, it'll be one of two. A load of repeat ties (Real Madrid/Roma, Barcelona/Juve, Liverpool/Sevilla, Man City/Bayern) or the big Spanish two will get Roma and Sevilla.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Roma v Barcelona should be a good tie. Fully expect Barca to turn them over, but Roma can be a very dangerous side on their day. 

Barcelona, Bayern, Real and City for the semi's I expect. Think Bayern could be the dark horses for the entire thing, won 11 CL games in a row. 

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

The overhyped baldy vs the pashon merchant lol

Not sure what you've got against Pep. He's walking this league with the best football I've ever seen.

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not sure what you've got against Pep. He's walking this league with the best football I've ever seen.

Claudio and Conte walked this league with far inferior sides.

my problem with him didn't start the moment he joined the league. His biggest CL success was when he had 3 of the best midfielders and RB of all time (if not the best) and the greatest footballer of all time and people act like he's some kinda of a miracle worker. Just like Zidane, the moment he proves it with another team then and only then i will admit i was wrong. but that's just my opinion (it's not like he cares or knows about my opinion or he will be losing sleep over it)

Edited by the fox

24 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Roma v Barcelona should be a good tie. Fully expect Barca to turn them over, but Roma can be a very dangerous side on their day. 

Barcelona, Bayern, Real and City for the semi's I expect. Think Bayern could be the dark horses for the entire thing, won 11 CL games in a row. 

They're hardly "dark horses". They've reached (at least) this stage every season since 2011, which probably only Barcelona and Real Madrid can boast about.

Just now, shen said:

They're hardly "dark horses". They've reached (at least) this stage every season since 2011, which probably only Barcelona and Real Madrid can boast about.

I'm not saying that they are an unknown quantity, but If you're 3/4 favourite when there are only 8 teams left then I think it's fair to say they are not everyone's favourite to win outright. 

Some look at the quality of the German league, and their 'ageing stars' and write them off.