Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

I'm not saying that they are an unknown quantity, but If you're 3/4 favourite when there are only 8 teams left then I think it's fair to say they are not everyone's favourite to win outright. 

Some look at the quality of the German league, and their 'ageing stars' and write them off. 

Well Ladbrokes have them as joint second favourites with Man City ahead of Real (Man City over the record winners, Ladbrokes? Really?!).

I'd say if you're tipped to reach the semi's, you're not a dark horse from the outset.

I.e. I'd say Liverpool, Sevilla and Roma are the remaining dark horses.

But your opinion might differ from mine.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Claudio and Conte walked this league with far inferior sides.

my problem with him didn't start the moment he joined the league. His biggest CL success was when he had 3 of the best midfielders and RB of all time (if not the best) and the greatest footballer of all time and people act like he's some kinda of a miracle worker. Just like Zidane, the moment he proves it with another team then and only then i will admit i was wrong. but that's just my opinion (it's not like he cares or knows about my opinion or he will be losing sleep over it)

There's winning the league and then there's what Pep is doing this year.

Man City have as many points now we did at the end of the season and we're in the 2nd week of March ffs.

• 3 weeks later...

if they score early you’re fu cked. backed them -1 and backed 0-3 (unfortunately both in doubles with the same in the bayern game). they do this every year. 

score early, waste time til the hour mark, run away with it when the other team presses. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

He and Real always seem to come good at this stage don't they ?!

Mind you aren't Munich a bit of a bogey side and there is Barca.

Man City could make a hell of a semi final draw but I have a sneaky feeling Liverpool may beat them, then get put in their place in next round.