Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bale has been imminently about to leave Madrid since he arrived. It'd rubbish. 

Perez loves him and he's just scored a match winning brace in a champions league final. 

Not saying this to wind you up ( :whistle: ) but it's a shame that he's Welsh as he'd thrive in the England team imo. England would surely benefit with someone like him out wide.

• Like 1

Not sure where Bale fits in the Prem. Man City to take them to the next level? Out of Spurs' league, Chelsea maybe if Hazard leaves. United have bigger issues than Bale's position, Arsenal can't afford him. 

Leicester????

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not saying this to wind you up ( :whistle: ) but it's a shame that he's Welsh as he'd thrive in the England team imo. England would surely benefit with someone like him out wide.

I don't think he'd thrive in the England team tbh, I don't think they'd know what to do with him. 

• Like 1

Would be obviously be gutted if I was a Liverpool fan but they should be proud. If it wasn't for a sh*te goalkeeper they could have won it, even without Salah. Looking at their squad, excluding their front three, they'd do well to get to the semis. Absolutely no comparison between Milner, Henderson and Modric and Kroos.

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I really hope Liverpool give all the support and professional psychological help that Karius is going to need. Having read the book about Enke last summer, it's of utmost importance as he's going to blame himself forever. It is just sport at the end of the day. And really shameful to see some of the delinquents tweeting him obscenities but also the slaughtering he's receiving from people who have been in football and really should know better. Yes they are poor mistakes - the first one a lack of concentration, the second unfortunate (wish someone would point out nobody got within 10 yards of Bale as soon as he got the ball, but no its always the keeper) - but I find the reaction deplorable. Naturally keeper's mistakes are always more glaring because they're most likely very costly but you can pick out numerous examples of players not doing their job properly in a game that aren't so readily highlighted.

Having played the position to an alright level at junior level and having been someone that beat themself up for every little mistake (part the reason I stopped playing), that tonight was horrible to watch. Poor guy. 

well said. 

I find it terrible from Liverpool's players as well that not one of them went up to him and gave him some kind of consolation or suppot at the end of the game. Not even the captain. 

Glad Liverpool lost. Very self righteous insufferable club & fans. As hard as it is to believe, Man Utd fans are much more tolerable. 

I feel sorry for Salah though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

well said. 

I find it terrible from Liverpool's players as well that not one of them went up to him and gave him some kind of consolation or suppot at the end of the game. Not even the captain. 

I'm sure they will offer their support once the dust has settled. But I can understand in the immediate rawness of the moment them being angry and frustrated.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Doesn't make him any less anonymous. He contributed nothing. He must have been reasonably fit to have been on the bench.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

So why make him sub? Surely he shouldn't have been in the squad?

He may have been fit but he hasnt played most of the season. Klopp had nobody of note to bring on.

Liverpool had nothing on the bench because their sqaud has less depth than ours. They had no positive changes to make

37 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I really hope Liverpool give all the support and professional psychological help that Karius is going to need. Having read the book about Enke last summer, it's of utmost importance as he's going to blame himself forever. It is just sport at the end of the day. And really shameful to see some of the delinquents tweeting him obscenities but also the slaughtering he's receiving from people who have been in football and really should know better. Yes they are poor mistakes - the first one a lack of concentration, the second unfortunate (wish someone would point out nobody got within 10 yards of Bale as soon as he got the ball, but no its always the keeper) - but I find the reaction deplorable. Naturally keeper's mistakes are always more glaring because they're most likely very costly but you can pick out numerous examples of players not doing their job properly in a game that aren't so readily highlighted.

Having played the position to an alright level at junior level and having been someone that beat themself up for every little mistake (part the reason I stopped playing), that tonight was horrible to watch. Poor guy. 

Robert Enke had suffered from depression for a long, long time before he committed suicide and it had little to do with being a goalkeeper.

In the end, he couldn't cope with the pressure of being a professional footballer any longer, couldn't connect at Barcelona where he was pretty much benched all the time under Van Gaal, and it led to him believing he was failing at his job. Losing one of his daughters added to the misery. Enke wasn't a stable personality, he was deceiving people around him all the time - not even his wife knew how bad it was with Enke's condition.

As fatal and odd as his goalkeeping errors have been today, Karius needs a bit of psychological help and self-awareness and a healthy dose of confidence.

In the end, you win and lose as a team.

Not going to be easy getting over such a terrible display, but he's a pro and will come back from it.

What I will say though is that I'm disappointed in Karius' teammates and Klopp. I can see that it's ok to feel down after such a match. But not one of them went over to Karius after the final whistle in order to console him straightaway.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

well said. 

Was just about to post this.

Listening to all the post match interviews with all the players now saying " We win together and we lose together" ..NOT ONE of them went to console the goalie...there were more Real Madrid players consoling him than the Liverpool ones. Yes he fecked up big time,but that's sport. Everyone could see he was devastated...kids just a young human being....lost ANY respect I had (Which was little anyway) for Liverpool.

Don't believe all this "Peoples club" bullshit...the scenes at the end proved everything.

36 minutes ago, Raj said:

Was just about to post this.

Listening to all the post match interviews with all the players now saying " We win together and we lose together" ..NOT ONE of them went to console the goalie...there were more Real Madrid players consoling him than the Liverpool ones. Yes he fecked up big time,but that's sport. Everyone could see he was devastated...kids just a young human being....lost ANY respect I had (Which was little anyway) for Liverpool.

Don't believe all this "Peoples club" bullshit...the scenes at the end proved everything.

I think it was in Fantasy Football back in the day who proved the player who is to blame gets the most Back Pats after the game... I think David Batty got about 30 post France 98.

But to get zero, no commiseratery back pats? That’s poor.

11 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I'm not sure I could be so instantly forgiving if it was Leicester in the champs league final and our goalkeeper had just committed two howlers that cost us the trophy.

Of course, Kasper wouldn't make those errors.

Well yeah, but you'd have to be a massive cvnt to send him death threats online, and you'd presumably be ashamed of his teammates if they didn't console him afterwards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Well yeah, but you'd have to be a massive cvnt to send him death threats online, and you'd presumably be ashamed of his teammates if they didn't console him afterwards.

He's been sent death threats? That's ****ed up. 

But I wouldn't be ashamed of his teammates. This is the biggest game in their careers and they may never/probably won't get the chance again. So you can understand them being inconsolable to the point where they're immediately angry in the aftermath.