Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

All English sides to top their group?

Still some dangerous sides who would come 2nd but they will all fancy their chances.

Man C and PSG looked most impressive so far?

Dortmund and A.Madrid in danger of going out - what has gone wrong there..
Edited by Super_horns

22 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

From BBC website: How many more teams in England would play 5 English players in their team? Well done Mauricio.

Err, lets see, Simpson, Maguire, Gray, Chilwell, Vardy. 

I make that at least 1 more, you Spurs worshipping cockney twats

Smalling, Jones, Rashford, Lingaard, Young all played against Spurs at the weekend FFS.

If you stretch a little...

Alexander Arnold, Milner, Ox all started against Maribor tonight, Henderson came on on 17' and Sturridge got the last 20 minutes.

Walker, Stones, Delph & Sterling all featured against West Brom at the weekend and against Napoli in the first leg.

Granted they aren't 5 starts, but still

Edited by ajthefox

Pochettino has put so much faith in Dier, Winks, Alli and Trippier though whereas most of the other English players were well established for their respective teams. There is a slight media bias towards Spurs but it isn’t half overegged on here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steveherbe said:

From BBC website: How many more teams in England would play 5 English players in their team? Well done Mauricio.

Err, lets see, Simpson, Maguire, Gray, Chilwell, Vardy. 

I make that at least 1 more, you Spurs worshipping cockney twats

Media bias is crazy with Spurs, I know Everton are shit at the minute but its common knowledge they regularly have 6/7 English players playing on a given matchday, sometimes more.

In fairness to Spurs its a great result and thoroughly  deserved. Its just the hyperbole that comes with it.

I know its not on the same scale but Roma hammering the English champions almost just gets dismissed as a poor Chelsea performance as opposed to considering Roma as a team (topping a tough group ) who could go far in the competition.

Fair play it's a great result for Spurs. 

But the overreaction from our press (Spurs genuine contenders to win it lol) is a bit much. 

Think a few of these journos need to take a look at the Spanish league table. 

This is a Madrid side that just lost to La Liga's equivalent of Brighton. 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Watched Man City game last night. I thought Stones and Sterling were outstanding.

Why are they so shite when they play for England?

Playing under a worse manager for England?

5 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Stones has been outstanding this season, I didn’t think he’d ever cut out the errors in his game.

Time to eat a bit of humble pie for me too. Wrote the guy off as a joke, he actually looks decent. For the sake of the national team I hope he keeps it up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Watched Man City game last night. I thought Stones and Sterling were outstanding.

Why are they so shite when they play for England?

Because they don't have players like Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus, Sane, Silva etc around them.

The defensive issues are still there for City, they could have conceded five had Napoli finished, they are probably the best in the World going forward now, even better than Barca or PSG.

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Because they don't have players like Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus, Sane, Silva etc around them.

The defensive issues are still there for City, they could have conceded five had Napoli finished, they are probably the best in the World going forward now, even better than Barca or PSG.

Napoli are an outstanding side as well, the sides you mentioned would have struggled to be resolute defensively.

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Time to eat a bit of humble pie for me too. Wrote the guy off as a joke, he actually looks decent. For the sake of the national team I hope he keeps it up!

I was also the same, including Sterling....  This forum often is like a 1st time virgin...many shoot off too early.

Stones, Sterling, Winks and D.Ali our own D.Gray forget they are young, some need more time to realise their potential.

Even new transfers to a PL squad.

We have some, who just cant let things ride, and expect player talent to jump out after everygame.

Stones, Sterling, Gray, Ali, Winks have had their fair share of negative critic. We are > maybe <  going to be

witnesses to some England young , hold their heads up and realise that early recognition and believed Potential.

It doesnt mean they will lead us to a EC or WCup glory, but lets cut out the spiteful, snidey remarks give not only

those for mentioned players a fair crack of the whip, but also others.Quit jumping the gun, We all love having our

Opinions aired, but let there be a flexability in those opinions.

19-24yrs is not necessary young for footballers to reach an expected level, but too young to write them off.

WE fans should be happy that we can see players like Stones, Sterling..Maguire, Ali, maybe Gray wear their shirts,

While playing at the highest level and produce consistent high quality performances.

If we have to be reminded, just keep Vardy has a perfect example of what patience  , chance and time can produce.

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

Napoli are an outstanding side as well, the sides you mentioned would have struggled to be resolute defensively.

They are but they were shit last night. 

Hamsik, Callejon and Mertens didn't really show up on the big day. 

Insigne playing on his own for most of the second half. Everyone else looked bollocksed. It's only November, mun. Shocking. 

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They are but they were shit last night. 

Hamsik, Callejon and Mertens didn't really show up on the big day. 

Insigne playing on his own for most of the second half. Everyone else looked bollocksed. It's only November, mun. Shocking. 

I didn’t watch the game, I hope they win the scudetto but can see Juve doing what they did a few seasons ago where they started slowly but then went on to win the league comfortably anyway

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

I didn’t watch the game, I hope they win the scudetto but can see Juve doing what they did a few seasons ago where they started slowly but then went on to win the league comfortably anyway

I'd like to see Inter or Napoli win it, anyone but Juventus basically haha. But it'll be Juve. Nobody else manages their consistency.