Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

Am I the only one watching CL tonight ??  For all his good points Harry Kane is a greedy cnut ...Erickson had great effort saved ....ball eventually arrives ar Harry’s feet....he has his back to goal about 12 yds out and 2 defenders  breathing down his neck...2 Spurs colleagues on edge of box with clear shots on goal pleading for the ball...Harry decides to turn and shoot straight against the 2 defenders....what a plonker...

oops he he has just equalized as I was about to post ??

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Sevilla look a right shambles  defensively....3 - 0 down home to Liverpool...First 2 goals almost  identical  ...near post corner headed across the box to unmarked player at far post ...

Sevilla have now pulled two goals back, 30 minutes to play. Great game.

What Liverpool clearly need is a couple more diminutive yet creative midfielders. Klopp started to address this shortcoming in the summer with the much-needed capture of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but only having 18 creative midgets in the squad is clearly hurting them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, irishfoxkev said:

Am I the only one watching CL tonight ??  For all his good points Harry Kane is a greedy cnut ...Erickson had great effort saved ....ball eventually arrives ar Harry’s feet....he has his back to goal about 12 yds out and 2 defenders  breathing down his neck...2 Spurs colleagues on edge of box with clear shots on goal pleading for the ball...Harry decides to turn and shoot straight against the 2 defenders....what a plonker...

oops he he has just equalized as I was about to post ??

He's still a greedy ****. He only scores so many because if you try enough some are bound to go in. And pundits love talking about how he's the complete player who always plays the right pass if his team mate is in a better position. Does he bollocks. 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

He's still a greedy ****. He only scores so many because if you try enough some are bound to go in. And pundits love talking about how he's the complete player who always plays the right pass if his team mate is in a better position. Does he bollocks. 

what you want in a striker though, no? Yeah sometimes he makes the wrong decision but he's great in the air, got a decent strike on him from distance and is prolific in the box. What more could you want in a striker lol ?

• Like 1

All great forwards are a bit greedy. It’s justifiable when you’re banging in 25 premier league goals a season. It’s only a problem when shit players like Jermaine Beckford do it.

Thoroughly enjoyed that Sevilla comeback against the Flopp.

Edited by Rogstanley

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

what you want in a striker though, no? Yeah sometimes he makes the wrong decision but he's great in the air, got a decent strike on him from distance and is prolific in the box. What more could you want in a striker lol ?

I want him to be greedy when it's time to be greedy. In the situation described above there's no point shooting. This guy would shoot if he had a brick wall in front of him, and no that's not what I want from a striker.

6 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

All great forwards are a bit greedy. It’s justifiable when you’re banging in 25 premier league goals a season. It’s only a problem when shit players like Jermaine Beckford do it.

Thoroughly enjoyed that Sevilla comeback against the Flopp.

A bit greedy is fine, it' when you're very greedy that's the problem. 

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I'm sorry, I dislike Harry Kane as much as the next Welsh Leicester fan but he's a superb finisher. I'm not sure you can say he's only successful because he shoots a lot. Bit harsh. 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry, I dislike Harry Kane as much as the next Welsh Leicester fan but he's a superb finisher. I'm not sure you can say he's only successful because he shoots a lot. Bit harsh. 

Maybe a little harsh, but I know the season we won the title he scored one more goal than Aguero and Vardy but took 40 or 50 more shots to do so. He does shoot a lot. And I have no issue with players taking on opponents trying engineer space to shoot, but situations like last night, tightly marked, back to goal, two teammaes free screaming for the ball who are ignored, I do. It's a situation Kane find a himself in a lot and I don't think he does well in those. He's a good player and theres little to criticise him on, but his playing in of teammates is a big one.

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Maybe a little harsh, but I know the season we won the title he scored one more goal than Aguero and Vardy but took 40 or 50 more shots to do so. He does shoot a lot. And I have no issue with players taking on opponents trying engineer space to shoot, but situations like last night, tightly marked, back to goal, two teammaes free screaming for the ball who are ignored, I do. It's a situation Kane find a himself in a lot and I don't think he does well in those. He's a good player and theres little to criticise him on, but his playing in of teammates is a big one.

Vardy did have a better shots to goals ratio, I remember doing the maths after Michael Owen claimed Vardy wasn't a natural finisher. 

But that was more to do with Vardy being exceptional than Kane being poor. 

Kane isn't a world class footballer, he is over rated, his all round game is a bit average, but let's be fair the one thing he does exceptionally well is finish. 

Man can score from anywhere inside twenty yards and you'd consistently back him to do so. 

He's not quite Mauro Icardi, who can score about five times with one toe poke, but not is he Edinson Cavani who really does take about ten thousand attempts to score.