Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Best holiday beer.

What's the best beer you've had abroad, maybe they sell it here but you wouldn't normally drink it in this country.

I reckon Estrella Damm is the nicest beer you can buy in Spain or Portugal.

I spend a fair bit of time in Sardinia because they do amazing food and wine - everything is Sardinian home grown/sourced they have made themselves wholly self sufficient and import very little. One of two or three decent beers they have over there is Ichnusa and it's quality.1411035712315

2 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I really liked Saigon Red in Vietnam.  It seems to be less popular then Green for some strange reason.  

I quite fancy going to Vietnam - and if I do I'll definitely give these a go!

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I quite fancy going to Vietnam - and if I do I'll definitely give these a go!

Trust me you should.  It was my favourite country out of all countries I visited in SE Asia.  Laos was a close second though.  

7 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I like Kamenitza in Bulgaria. Apparently it's their equivalent of Carling but I could neck that and I'm not a huge lager drinker

WTF is that avatar?

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

What's are the best beers when holidaying in Budapest? 

Dreher and Soproni are the local stater for 10 - I preferred the Soproni I think from memory! (There's not a lot of that left - go to all the ruin bars in the week days and do the sky bar too.) 

11 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I like Kamenitza in Bulgaria. Apparently it's their equivalent of Carling but I could neck that and I'm not a huge lager drinker

Interesting one, can be absolutely foul from the bottle but can also be very nice if you get it on tap in a little traditional tavern. For a small country Bulgaria has shit loads of good beers, during Communism pretty much every major town had a brewery.

I like Mythos, though probably just because it reminds me of being on holiday.

Favourite Euro-lager would have to be Pedavena in Italy.

pedavena-33.png

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

What's the best beer you've had abroad, maybe they sell it here but you wouldn't normally drink it in this country.

I reckon Estrella Damm is the nicest beer you can buy in Spain or Portugal.

San Miguel in Majorca ...     But the Estrella is very good too.

On last seasons European trips Bruges wins hands down. The standard Jupiler on sale everywhere was a good drop but some of those trappist beers on sale in the sidestreets were brilliant. Unfortunately due to quantity drank can not remember their names.

Superbock in Porto, Cruzcampo in Seville & Mahou in Madrid were all agreeable brews.

Disappointed with Copenhagen's offering. I was under the impression that the Danes were connoisseurs of beer but the wishy washy, expensive, Carlsberg/Tuborg was piss poor.

Archived