Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Best holiday beer.

13 hours ago, bovril said:

Oh yes.

Serbia, like most of the countries round there, have a load of really obscure, really good beers. And when it's served with pleskavitsa and home made chips and some random paprika dip thing and you finish the night with some homemade rakia it can't be beaten.

For a more sophisticated Serbian feast, I prefer a 2 litre plastic bottle of Zaječarsko and Ćevapi. 

On 06/08/2017 at 11:17, Samilktray said:

Lovely thank you. Is the city good for any other alcohol? Any decent gin, cocktail or any other type of bars that you know of?

Mazel Tov well worth a visit as is 360 rooftop bar. 

Assume you've got Szimpla Kert on your itinerary along with the other ruin bars which are fantastic. 

Make sure to visit the parliament buildings at night too, they look fantastic lit up.

3 minutes ago, Simi said:

Super Bock in Porto was absolutely incredible. Came back and purchased some here and it was absolute dog shit. 

I did the exact same lol

It went down perfectly in Portugal but the stuff I got at home tasted horrendous.

Basically anything you get in Belgium. Their beers really are on a different level. 

Bruges was absolutely incredible. Le Trappiste bar had the biggest single selection of the stuff I'd ever seen in my life, and not one beer I tried disappointed. 

Brugse Zot from the Half Moon Brewery was lovely. There's something about drinking a cold, local beer fresh from the place where it was made. 

• 1 month later...

I may have mentioned it before, but I am sure someone will point it out if I have.

Isenbeck. I had it on an all inclusive on holiday in Italy about 5 years ago. We didn't even know we booked all inclusive until we got to the hotel, so we were stuck with the local brew.

Cant remember the taste, just remember the farts.

Middle of the night, either me or the missus doing the loudest farts we have ever done in our lives.

Funny for a few nights, but after around four nights, the farting was keeping us asleep most of the night and we were getting up in the morning exhausted.

Had to buy Peroni after that as we were so tired the farts were ruining the holiday.

I would though love to have just one more night on the isenbeck, just so I could go through that first night again of huge farts that were without doubt the best I have ever heard 

La Chouffe when I go to The Netherlands is one of my absolute favourite beers, always bring some home as it's so expensive here. It's from Belgium but the part of The Netherlands I go to seems to have it in plenty of places. 

Yellow Donkey in Santorini was lovely too.

On 20/09/2017 at 11:19, TiffToff88 said:

The Kwak in Brugge was incredible. Another favourite holiday beer for me is Carib - not the best lager in the world, but a favourite for sentimental reasons

30 minutes ago, FoxInBlue said:

La Chouffe when I go to The Netherlands is one of my absolute favourite beers, always bring some home as it's so expensive here. It's from Belgium but the part of The Netherlands I go to seems to have it in plenty of places. 

Yellow Donkey in Santorini was lovely too.

Guys stop you're giving me a chub on.

5 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

I may have mentioned it before, but I am sure someone will point it out if I have.

Isenbeck. I had it on an all inclusive on holiday in Italy about 5 years ago. We didn't even know we booked all inclusive until we got to the hotel, so we were stuck with the local brew.

Cant remember the taste, just remember the farts.

Middle of the night, either me or the missus doing the loudest farts we have ever done in our lives.

Funny for a few nights, but after around four nights, the farting was keeping us asleep most of the night and we were getting up in the morning exhausted.

Had to buy Peroni after that as we were so tired the farts were ruining the holiday.

I would though love to have just one more night on the isenbeck, just so I could go through that first night again of huge farts that were without doubt the best I have ever heard 

How does being asleep most of the night make you exhausted? :huh:

Archived