Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Harvey Barnes- Barnsley (loan)

• 3 weeks later...

Could be that their takeover means that the new owners are willing to drop large sums on buying new players in Jan for his position.Anyway Barnes has been off form for a number of games now, Barnsley's current losing streak won't do much to help that.  A change of environment will do him good.

Looking at the Barnsley forums they want Matty James back on loan. Would be nice if we could send him there for a month or two to rebuild his fitness as Silva is coming in anyway, but we can only do till end of season which may be too long.

With Simpson out for some undetermined period of time, if we are playing Albrighton RB/RWB as a replacement, that pretty much leaves us with 2 wingers for 2 spots. Harvey is probably our next best winger, ahead of Musa and Kapustka.

Edited by brucey

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Could be that their takeover means that the new owners are willing to drop large sums on buying new players in Jan for his position.Anyway Barnes has been off form for a number of games now, Barnsley's current losing streak won't do much to help that.  A change of environment will do him good.

Looking at the Barnsley forums they want Matty James back on loan. Would be nice if we could send him there for a month or two to rebuild his fitness as Silva is coming in anyway, but we can only do till end of season which may be too long.

With Simpson out for some undetermined period of time, if we are playing Albrighton RB/RWB as a replacement, that pretty much leaves us with 2 wingers for 2 spots. Harvey is probably our next best winger, ahead of Musa and Kapustka.

I had completely forgot he's even on our books.

43 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Not in today's squad and on his way back according to Barnsley fans. Seems that because they're a bit shit now, some of them don't rate him anymore. 

From what I have seen on twitter he seems like a luxury player like Mahrez. Doesn't track back much and can go missing but is also capable of winning games from nowhere. (This is just what I have heard and may not be a true reflection as I haven't seen him play). Puel probably knows that him being in a relegation battle with fans breathing down his neck wont do much good for him whereas here he can come of the bench and be rotated with less pressure, which will allow him more room to develop. Will be interesting to see what he can do if he comes back and i'd imagine we'd want him back before the fleetwood game so he can get some game time with the reserves.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/harvey-barnes.262413/

Quite a good mix of views on their forum.

Edited by TheMightySystem

46 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

From what I have seen on twitter he seems like a luxury player like Mahrez. Doesn't track back much and can go missing but is also capable of winning games from nowhere. (This is just what I have heard and may not be a true reflection as I haven't seen him play). Puel probably knows that him being in a relegation battle with fans breathing down his neck wont do much good for him whereas here he can come of the bench and be rotated with less pressure, which will allow him more room to develop. Will be interesting to see what he can do if he comes back and i'd imagine we'd want him back before the fleetwood game so he can get some game time with the reserves.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/harvey-barnes.262413/

Quite a good mix of views on their forum.

Think it might be a good idea to let Puel look at him for a couple of weeks and then send him back out to a team higher up the table, not in a relegation scrap.

• Like 1