Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Harvey Barnes- Barnsley (loan)

Nervous for him. Worried things might not work out for him and then it's a missed opportunity. From what I've seen, he's got a genuine talent so that should mean he'll do well.

Hope there's a recall clause too.

9 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Being with the squad is being given a chance.

Training daily with 1st team and deciding he isn't ready.

So going on that assumption then, Elliot Moore, Callum Elder, Layton Ndukwu and Darnell Johnson are obviously closer to being ready, and must have been shit hot in training, as they all got some pre season game time with the first team!

24 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

So going on that assumption then, Elliot Moore, Callum Elder, Layton Ndukwu and Darnell Johnson are obviously closer to being ready, and must have been shit hot in training, as they all got some pre season game time with the first team!

Erm no....

It's pretty obvious why they got minutes in the games they did.

Barnes going to HK with the 1st team shows he is more well thought of than the others.

Good idea, at this stage, gives him top game time....Its just I dont agree with full season loans,

just a personal opinion.Loan him until January, extend if thought valid, but we should motivate,

with showing 1st team chance possibilities....If we are having a stable season, from febuary with

bench and 1st team gametime, we can assess in good time if he can make the breakthrough and

save pennies in the summer transfer market.

Same with Lawrence, this season imo, he must see 1st team gametime, or move him on.

unless he himself wants to fight for a place, giving him a season to start to stamp his potential

has a top 14 player.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It's good for the Lad and will help him develop his game further.

I just wonder why we thought he was good enough for Champions league and yet not good enough for this seasons Squad.

It just seems a little strange.

Bit misleading lol he came on as a sub 6-1 down in a dead rubber at Porto, he didn't start vs Atletico. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Bit misleading lol he came on as a sub 6-1 down in a dead rubber at Porto, he didn't start vs Atletico. 

Quite true, But my point is still the same, How did we think he was good enough in a big game, and yet not give him another chance to prove it.  It just seems a bit bizarre to me.

I hope he does well at Barnsley and comes back a superstar.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Quite true, But my point is still the same, How did we think he was good enough in a big game, and yet not give him another chance to prove it.  It just seems a bit bizarre to me.

Yeah I'd have liked to see him given a go in pre-season, to see how he could fit in. But obviously the management have decided he'll develop better playing week in week out rather than the odd appearance, so hopefully he keeps improving and can make an impact for us next year. 

11 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

10 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Yeah I'd have liked to see him given a go in pre-season, to see how he could fit in. But obviously the management have decided he'll develop better playing week in week out rather than the odd appearance, so hopefully he keeps improving and can make an impact for us next year. 

I actually think hunk it was probably a toss up between Lawrence and Barnes as to who would stay and who would go out on loan..

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

chase the ball

pass to some one in the same colour jersey

tackle the other team

shoot when near the box

simple

Do you really think professional football is as simple as that? 

''No point training this week lads, just make sure you're there on time on Saturday and try and lay off of the takeaways. Simple!''

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MPH said:

They cant sign him last minute and throw him into the mix... he won't have a scooby what to do...

Your missing my point. He would be better of training with our first team and understanding what we are about instead of playing a bit part in a relegation campaign for Barnsley.. Other EPL teams have 19 year olds in their squads.  

18 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Your missing my point. He would be better of training with our first team and understanding what we are about instead of playing a bit part in a relegation campaign for Barnsley.. Other EPL teams have 19 year olds in their squads.  

Sometimes going on loan builds character. Achieving success, be it staving off relegation with an underdog or creeping into the playoffs and punching above your weight, but doing so having contributed, is probably better than playing u23 football or the occasional bench warming or cup match with us. Sure training with the team might be great but 1st team is needed if he's to grow as a player.

• Like 1

I thought u23' played 90 minutes? Look this is just my opinion. It appears this young man has something 'special' and I personally believe we should have kept him here.