Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Harvey Barnes- Barnsley (loan)

7 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Genuine question, apart from Kante, who have we sold in the last ten years that came back to bite us in the ass?  Which of our many world class youngsters that we moved on would you want back?  I ask this because there must be empirical evidence that selling youngsters is always a bad idea in order for people to react to a 19 year old going on load quite so oddly?

Which world class youngsters has our devlopment structure ever actually produced?  

The key issue for me here is not how many we sell BUT rather how few we actually produce.........and WHY are we failing to produce young talent good enough to play in the first team (Ndidi, Gray, Amartey were all brought) 

45 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Which world class youngsters has our devlopment structure ever actually produced?  

The key issue for me here is not how many we sell BUT rather how few we actually produce.........and WHY are we failing to produce young talent good enough to play in the first team (Ndidi, Gray, Amartey were all brought) 

I think he was joking lol

• Like 1

My biggest gripe is Lawrence told Leicester he wanted to leave at the start of pre-season yet we gave him a number of opportunities in friendlies that Barnes could have got and then we could have made a decision on loaning him. There's a big difference in training and producing something in competitive games, albeit in friendlies. It was the perfect t opportunity to let him have a go with our first team, like many clubs have done this pre-season with a number of players now being earmarked for the step up such as Nelson at Arsenal and that lad at Man City.

If we can't even give him a few friendlies given how much he's progressed in the last year when Lawrence and Musa his direct competition were always going to move on then we might as well not even bother with the academy to first team transition. 

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

358.jpg

But yeah, i cannot fathom how many people get such a simple surname wrong

Think Doncaster had/have a keeper with the same name. 

Just irks me that people don't even know the names of our own players.

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Think Doncaster had/have a keeper with the same name. 

Just irks me that people don't even know the names of our own players.

When you have supported a team for 50 years getting one name wrong is hardly

something to make a big deal of,  is it??  People like you irk me.  I think everyone knew who I was referring to.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Considering we won the PL after he left and he's still toiling away in the Championship, I'd say the jury's definitely still out on this one.

Is the jury also still out on Musa and Ulloa?

18 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

What on earth has that got to do with the issue of ex players and whether we've regretted selling them?

Read the quote I was responding to.  The key is 'Jury out'.    Also, if you are going to police the relevance of every response to everything written on FT, good luck Pal but you will need to give up your day job.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I think you may have missed my point. X

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Not getting many minutes on the pitch at Barnsley.   

Summer tournament late holidays. His fitness may not be at the same level just yet. Or he may have a little niggling injury. Or they having seen him don't think he's the player some of our fans do.

1 hour ago, Papasmurf said:

Playing week in week out for them will be far more beneficial to his development than sat on the bench here. 

Seems to be sat on the bench there as well though. 

• Like 2