Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I still have dreams about that Mahrez through ball 

Me too, amazing stuff and anyone who wants shot of Riyad needs to be shown moments like this. Winning and losing in the prem is about capitalising on fine margins, and Riyad is one of our few players who can do that. He was poor on Friday but we need to supplement, not replace him. Townsend would add another threat and has the mentality to rotate or even allow us the option of a 4231 with Riyad at 10, drifting and interchanging with  the other attacking players. 

13 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

He'd be like another Marc Albrighton.

And on his day, he's unplayable.

I think he suits out style, get him in (especially if Lawrence is off and Mahrez either isn't putting it in or eventually leaves).  

Totally agree Oz, he's another something from nothing player but with some graft as well. Maybe not a sublime as Riyad,  but more so than Marc (not that he is a slouch). Really think those three would be fantastic together. Get this signing done 

Given the choice between a Marc Albrighton clone or current form Mahrez on the right, I'd take the clone right now. Townsend is closer to that style and think he'd currently benefit the team more than Riyad. He does seem shot happy at times but we lack someone with a decent 25 yard strike (Ndidi often too deep).

4 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Snodgrass or Phillips all day long over bloody Townsend.

Snodgrass was dreadful for West Ham nowhere near as good as Townsend, when has Phillips consistently proved he is better than Townsend?

All about opinions but I don't think either are better Townsend.

Burst on the England scene and did well yet could not get a game for Spuds and he looks a decent team player. We are pretty good with doing our homework on players and if we are keen it is because we have looked into him and what he would bring to us. For all the negativity about him football is a team game and the best team beats the best 11 players if he can improve the team well why not.

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

We were crying out for another Albrighton on Friday, it's quite clear that CS doesn't fancy the defensive side of Gray's game so we ended up keeping Mahrez on the pitch. If Townsend could get anywhere close to giving us that defensive support and threat going forward Albrighton offers, he'd be a fine addition.

Personally i think we already have one potentially in Ben Chilwell.

Though I hate to do it, I have to agree with Babylon again. Chilwell's final ball is pants.

I don't know what the coaches teach these kids tbh. Gray is exactly the same...quick, dynamic, looks dangerous.....until it comes to him crossing or making a final pass, which invariably leads to me shouting at him to 'get your head up son and look where the player is!' Chillers is the same and I suspect this may be why interest from the so called 'bigger club's' has wained. If the player hasnt the composure to actually finish what they started, then they offer not as much value as a player that can.

This inability of the team at present to be able just to confidently slow things down when we need to and calmly keep the ball frustrates me so much. Having been brought up with the Gary McAllisters, Steve Thompson's and Garry Parkers of the footballing world, id so love to see one of these types in this team. It would make a huge difference.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Though I hate to do it, I have to agree with Babylon again. Chilwell's final ball is pants.

I don't know what the coaches teach these kids tbh. Gray is exactly the same...quick, dynamic, looks dangerous.....until it comes to him crossing or making a final pass, which invariably leads to me shouting at him to 'get your head up son and look where the player is!' Chillers is the same and I suspect this may be why interest from the so called 'bigger club's' has wained. If the player hasnt the composure to actually finish what they started, then they offer not as much value as a player that can.

This inability of the team at present to be able just to confidently slow things down when we need to and calmly keep the ball frustrates me so much. Having been brought up with the Gary McAllisters, Steve Thompson's and Garry Parkers of the footballing world, id so love to see one of these types in this team. It would make a huge difference.

Sigurdsson or Silva are the obvious choices? 

And we won't get either of them. 

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

That's why I'd so like to get a Sigurdsson at the club. If his stats haven't been as brill as they could be, well don't forget he's been playing in a poor Swansea side. Get him in a better team and I think he's be the steady head the team needs.

And as I've said before. If we offload some of the poorer players in the squad  (and it looks like Mahrez too) we could afford Gylfi.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That's what is worrying, there's no sign of a player like this coming in, that any of us are aware of. Why we didn't pursue our interest in Silva I'll never Know, he has these qualities in abundance.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Chilwell is a disgrace at defending and his crossing and passing in the final third is abysmal. Other than that he looks great which is bizarre for a player deemed to have a great future at the highest level.

I'm far from convinced myself for those reasons exactly. It is reminiscent of Joe Mattock who was tipped for greatness too.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

That's why I'd so like to get a Sigurdsson at the club. If his stats haven't been as brill as they could be, well don't forget he's been playing in a poor Swansea side. Get him in a better team and I think he's be the steady head the team needs.

And as I've said before. If we offload some of the poorer players in the squad  (and it looks like Mahrez too) we could afford Gylfi.

Totally agree... 

This time last year we could have attracted the likes of Sigurdsson with Champions league football... We're a different kettle of fish now! 

Sure he sees Everton as a club with bigger prospects and guaranteed European football. 

Our window of opportunity to sign players like him and Silva has been and gone! 

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Totally agree... 

This time last year we could have attracted the likes of Sigurdsson with Champions league football... We're a different kettle of fish now! 

Sure he sees Everton as a club with bigger prospects and guaranteed European football. 

Our window of opportunity to sign players like him and Silva has been and gone! 

Until next summer! :P

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

When do we ever go for the obvious? There are other quality midfielders in the world...

Archived