Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

20 hours ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Snodgrass was dreadful for West Ham nowhere near as good as Townsend, when has Phillips consistently proved he is better than Townsend?

All about opinions but I don't think either are better Townsend.

And Townsend is a consistant performer? Never. Only seen him have a couple of good games for England that's it. Plus he has a gambling problem.

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

And Townsend is a consistant performer? Never. Only seen him have a couple of good games for England that's it. Plus he has a gambling problem.

It's up to him what he spends his money on. Tony Adams, Paul Merson, Michael Owen, Big Dunc all had gambling issues, as did the hero that is Steve Claridge. Plus many many more I suspect. George Best had an altogether worse problem, but it didn't stop him being one of the best players in earth at the time. 

9 hours ago, shen said:

I'm far from convinced myself for those reasons exactly. It is reminiscent of Joe Mattock who was tipped for greatness too.

Mattock was always a journeyman at best as a first teamer. Can't remember "greatness" being mentioned by anyone but I'll stand correcting.    

9 hours ago, weller54 said:

Totally agree... 

This time last year we could have attracted the likes of Sigurdsson with Champions league football... We're a different kettle of fish now! 

Sure he sees Everton as a club with bigger prospects and guaranteed European football. 

Our window of opportunity to sign players like him and Silva has been and gone! 

We couldn't attract Deeney and Keane, not sure why people are so sure we could have attracted him.

51 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

It's up to him what he spends his money on. Tony Adams, Paul Merson, Michael Owen, Big Dunc all had gambling issues, as did the hero that is Steve Claridge. Plus many many more I suspect. George Best had an altogether worse problem, but it didn't stop him being one of the best players in earth at the time. 

Not really because it's effected his football and life. So it's a problem imo. We can do better.

On 15/08/2017 at 07:02, Alex_LCFC said:

Looked good against athletico Madrid 

I've never seen a team play so narrow as Atletico did in that second half. Chilwell got the ball several times in their half when there wasn't a red and white shirt within 15m of him so he was always going to look good to some extent as he bombed into the space.

On 8/15/2017 at 08:57, Ric Flair said:

Chilwell is a disgrace at defending and his crossing and passing in the final third is abysmal. Other than that he looks great which is bizarre for a player deemed to have a great future at the highest level.

Lolz. X

It really is hilarious to read through these comments. So far, the reasons I've saw for not signing Andros are, he isn't good enough, he has played for too many clubs, he is inconsistent and he has a gambling problem. 

It seems that all we have to do is find a player who is better than an England international, has only played for a club or two, plays well every game and has absolutely no vices and that both wants to come here and we can afford..... Easy! Beggars beliefs that our scouting team haven't already!!!

Seriously guys!! We are not a big club! We had one great season and we got that season by putting some average players in positions that played to their strength!  We can't realistically expect to go out and sign perfect players! We have to sign players who's strengths suit ours!

17 hours ago, Babylon said:

We couldn't attract Deeney and Keane, not sure why people are so sure we could have attracted him.

Which makes you wonder if we were actually actively pursuing these players and selling a positive picture to them. My thoughts are we did not, everybody at the club took their foot off the pedal and spent 3 or 4 months back patting.

Before they had realised it, we'd wasted our best position in living memory (well mine anyway :D)

28 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It seems that all we have to do is find a player who is better than an England international, has only played for a club or two, plays well every game and has absolutely no vices and that both wants to come here and we can afford..... Easy! Beggars beliefs that our scouting team haven't already!!!

And doesn't cost more than £5m.

£25m we could have got Sigurdsson for after our PL winning season but we pissed about over a million or two...

The same with Keane.

Totally missed the boat with those two players and with them, I think we would have pushed Everton for 7th last season.

We move on and hopefully we learn from our mistakes (although a year later I'm not sure we have)

Our lack of quality trough the middle of the park sticks out like a sore thumb and this is why we will always be chasing the ball for 90 minutes

On 15/08/2017 at 21:31, SecretPro said:

most of the players in the league probably have gambling issues. Making fortunes and time on their hands. 

43 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

irons in fire

Crazy time of year & player power stronger than ever.  Lots dependent on RM, DD, AM.  Players obv look at where they would fill gaps (whereas agents don;t really give a shit!)

Ok. I surrender. Who's AM? (Please don't let this be too embarrassing). 

Archived