Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

10 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Can't see us going for either but I don't get why Townsend is preferred he's never been consistent. 

It's obvious that Frank de Boar wants to play possession football and that Townsend might not be for him, whereas Snodgrass is being let go by West Ham for another reason. 

18 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Townsend, Musa, Schlupp - if truth be told I'd rather have our Jeff back

Talking of whom I wonder how de Boer is getting on explaining the role he wants him to play in the champagne football that selhurst will be witnessing this season :D

He can be very good on his day, he just doesn't seem to have that many, whether injury or just being out of form.

If Mahrez goes, then I expect Gray to start, so signing a player like Townsend relatively cheaply (in today's market!) as a back-up winger, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 

Still think we should be aiming higher, especially if Mahrez does leave but like with Albrighton, it may be worth a punt. 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The worry for me is he's who we have lined up as a Mahrez replacement. He's left footed and plays on the right, if that's who comes in then i'll be devastated.

Imagine replacing a former PFA player of the year (no matter how inconsistent he has become) with Andros f@*#ing Townsend. That's like going from a mixed grill to super noodles. 

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

Imagine replacing a former PFA player of the year (no matter how inconsistent he has become) with Andros f@*#ing Townsend. That's like going from a mixed grill to super noodles. 

But Townsend will be a replacement for Musa, surely. I would have thought Townsend would offer more than Musa?

Townsend has lots of potential. Good with the ball distribution and can dribble a bit to. He is in danger of having a lot of failed potential though having spent a lot of time doing nothing much and a fair bit of that injured. Bit of a gamble but should be a cheap gamble. He is the right age for a mature midfielder though with a potential for his peak still to be ahead and 4 good years.

See him as a Drinkwater deputy/replacement more than a Musa type. He can control the ball whereas Musa shins it 5 yards in any direction.

Mahrez > Albrighton > Townsend > Gray > Musa > Ndukwu

Hardly our worst. Barnes on loan so we don't have him, Chilly can "do a job" there too. 

I also think he will be pumped this season to get an England slot for the WC

I for one would welcome AT. Has right attitude and if the noise we are hearing is correct, this might be in addition to Riyad staying. Bench depth with potential to take over from starters and adequately cover for injuries is what we need, and what worries me the most, rather than new first XI (except maybe another CB but don't see us getting a second starting CB yet, as I am sure it's Harry plus Huth/Morgan now). 

2 hours ago, Bazly said:

Townsend has lots of potential. Good with the ball distribution and can dribble a bit to. He is in danger of having a lot of failed potential though having spent a lot of time doing nothing much and a fair bit of that injured. Bit of a gamble but should be a cheap gamble. He is the right age for a mature midfielder though with a potential for his peak still to be ahead and 4 good years.

See him as a Drinkwater deputy/replacement more than a Musa type. He can control the ball whereas Musa shins it 5 yards in any direction.

How can he be drinkwaters replacement you dont replace a centre mid with a winger lollollol

Archived