Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

Was sent something cryptic by a broker I know who looks after quite a few premier league clubs in terms of insurances.

It doesn't tie in perfectly, but this would fit with something I'd been told. I believe any inward movement is contingent upon a departure. Not sure I'm that keen to see Musa or Mahrez leave, as we saw a bit of effort from Musa pre-season. All guesses, by the way.

Best to just wait and see I suppose.

27 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

He's a good player but Gray and Albrighton are both better.

Townsend is better than gray currently. Of course Gray could surpass him in the future.

Then again Townsend is only 26 and hasn't reached his peak yet either.

5 year contract... signed for £13 million.

He's not going to be cheap is he???

A little worrying that De Boer is happy to get rid straight away, I know he is building his own system but he hasn't signed any wingers yet.

Loves a speculative shot - but if he's happy to knuckle down and work to our system, I think he could have his uses.

Not necessarily as a starter every game... and would possibly upset Gray or indicate Mahrez is gone.

More likely (and hopefully) its more of a 'just in case'?

Agree with earlier comment by the way that he was over-rated for a long time, but the pendulum has possibly swung back too far. I think he's a confidence player who needs understanding team mates and the right system around him. He will need to show really good work ethic and energy here, but I do think it could work.

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Was just about to say he plays every game on the left.

I really don't know what to make of this, he almost kept Newcastle up on his own, but he needs to settle somewhere and Crystal Palace being willing to let him go after a season isn't massively encouraging.

Just now, LinekersApples said:

Classic foxestalk.

People upset at signing England international. 

Better than: Lloyd Dyer, Jeff Schlupp, Ahmed Musa.

Remember how far we've come and welcome our new player. 

Is it done and dusted then? I'm not one of those that needs the news first and now, just interested in terms of how this possibly affects our position on Mahrez.

Just now, LinekersApples said:

Classic foxestalk.

People upset at signing England international. 

Better than: Lloyd Dyer, Jeff Schlupp, Ahmed Musa.

Remember how far we've come and welcome our new player. 

Sounds like an ITK "Welcome Andros" to me. Am I right?

Just now, AjcW said:

Was just about to say he plays every game on the left.

I really don't know what to make of this, he almost kept Newcastle up on his own, but he needs to settle somewhere and Crystal Palace being willing to let him go after a season isn't massively encouraging.

They have switched manager though. Possibly just doesn't fit de Boer's favoured shape/style/system.

de Boer will also want to free up wages etc to stamp his own authority on his squad so I wouldn't necessarily read too much in to it.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

They have switched manager though. Possibly just doesn't fit de Boer's favoured shape/style/system.

de Boer will also want to free up wages etc to stamp his own authority on his squad so I wouldn't necessarily read too much in to it.

Yh I said something similar above just covering all bases, I think De Boer will pack the middle to help him play passing football 'the dutch way' so could just be that. 

Archived