Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

Just now, mod hero said:

He looks mega in them clips, and played on the left I'll give you that one.

Still inconsistent though. He was quality for England a few years back. If we can get him playing near that level we'll have a good player.

Its not as if he's past it. He's only 26 and shouldn't have reached his peak yet.

Just now, mod hero said:

I didn't say he was but he has clearly been out of form last few years.

like I say, if we can get him playing..

I'm agreeing with you, if we can get him playing like that again, he would be a good acquisition, and theres no reason why we couldn't. A new club, new manager, new challenge. Who knows. Worth a risk imo.

21 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Classic foxestalk.

People upset at signing England international. 

Better than: Lloyd Dyer, Jeff Schlupp, Ahmed Musa.

Remember how far we've come and welcome our new player. 

Also better than Gray and probably Albrighton (Albrighton at one stage had something ridiculous like 1 assist all season until the last couple of games (not including Champions league) last season, in my view thats pretty poor for a winger that plays 90 minutes week in week out. Does have a lot of huff and puff though)

27 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Classic foxestalk.

People upset at signing England international. 

Better than: Lloyd Dyer, Jeff Schlupp, Ahmed Musa.

Remember how far we've come and welcome our new player. 

Top post - IF we get him playing he could be a very shrewd buy 

Mahrez will be difficult to replace, if not impossible in terms of his ability. Townsend however will be a good signing whether we were to keep Mahrez or not. Brings a bit of pace, directness and isn't afraid to shoot. Bit of a more experienced Gray I suppose. A typical Leicester signing too. 

As a replacement to Mahrez then obviously he would seem a disappointment.  As a signing to improve the squad he would be great.  Hard to argue that, at the point of signing, he has had a better career than Albrighton had at the point of signing and he has been a great signing (albeit on a free).  Happy if we sign him as a player in his own right but if as a direct replacement for Mahrez not sure he fits the bill. X

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

People won't like it but he actually fits our team requirements, a hard working winger who tracks back and can defend 

More's the pity! Maybe if he was a Marc replacement I would consider him. But you don't replace the match winning ability with another hard worker.

Guest CityFan 06

It's going to be difficult to get a player of or near to the calibre of Mahrez. I think we can get recruit an adequate replacement though, given the recent signings. 

In terms of Townsend, he'd probably suit us. Hard working and always looks dangerous, I think he's got ability. Never been keen as the opposition when we've come up against him. 

Sorry but those saying he's awful - you can't honestly believe that. Boudebouz is the best player most of us have never seen - but a proven player who's scored important and good goals for England, with pace and the ability to run with the ball is crap. Like when ppl were saying Evans is crap - I wonder whether some of our fans have seen these players play. Townsend is inconsistent at times but right team, right formation and right coaching and he could flourish here. 

Archived