Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Arsenal post match 4-3

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

Major over reaction with Shakey's decision making , what about Ozil's hand ball and Giroud pulling Maguire down by his shirt for his headed goal.

That's never a foul by Giroud. He's bullied Maguire there.

1 minute ago, vanity said:

Loss is wholly on Shakespeare. He took us out of the game going to that 4-5-1, completely changed our mentality, we'd have won this game if he'd brought in Nacho rather than Amartey (not that Amartey is to blame). Was obviously the wrong decision when he did it, he simply extinguished his own attack.

Hate to break it to you mate, but it was 4-4-2 when we fell apart.

Just now, m4DD0gg said:

Haha if you think bringing on a striker for a midfielder when you are 3-2 up away at arsenal with less than ten to go then you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

I'm saying that both goals would still have gonein because it was the defence at fault.

the third goal was utterly ****ing abysmal defending. Having Andy King on would not have changed that.

I thought we played well awful substitutions lost us the game only player not to give his all was mahrez thought he was absolute garbage cash in on him he clearly isn't interested. Vardy looked hungry and maguire was solid feeling good about this season despite feeling sick after this result. 

gutted about the result, pleased with the performance and everything, feel pretty annoyed with the officials, 3 of their goals could be be chalked off, 2nd offside, 3rd Ozil handball, 4th Giroud pushing on Maguire,

they want us to respect officias and everything but when they, mainly Mike Dean misses a handball like that from Ozil on the way to the 3rd goal you cant as it was clear as day for him to see,

we go on to the next game :)

Let's not forget all the good stuff, just annoying that they were there for the taking, scoring three away should be plenty enough. Somehow they always have the ref in their pocket. Re the sub, we'd be criticised for trying to camp in our own box if we eventually caved in, we tried to occupy them more in their half and get criticised for that. Yes it's strange to make a defensive change and follow it with an attacking one when holding a lead but the best way to deny chances is to have the ball up the other end and make it stick.

Yet another contentious descion or three to rob us of a result, this is the only sport that doesn't have a video referee it's about time the dinosaurs got off their fat arses and bought football into line with other sports where the equaliser would have shown being offside and then ozils blatant arm thrown to handle the ball to get their winner !!

Will we ever get a fuching decent result against them Cnuts maybe at the KP !

And what is it with those Arsenholes celebrating as if they had won the league FFS Tw@s!!

Gutted. We score 3 and still can't get even a point against them. 11 defeats running at Arsenal now.  Tonight reminded me of why I love football but also hate it. Real highs and lows. Arsenal fans are beyond contempt. Zero support when they were behind and then celebrate like they're world cup winners when they're ahead. 

8 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Shit defence... Shit ref... no surprise

How can you blame the defense? It was the midfield at blame. How many attacks have they stopped? Eventually an attempt will succeed. The midfield was poor and the defense did their best but eventually succumbed to the pressure

Very poor from Shakespeare 

I am fed up of watching Leicester play Arsenal and predicting what is going to happen.  I think he got the tactics wrong after we went 3-2 up as they looked void of confidence with a makeshift defence and were there for the taking.  One more goal would have finished them.  They had 4 full backs playing across their back four!!!  We will NEVER get a better chance to beat Arsenal. 

We had to pressurise their weakest point (their defence), but instead we sat back and let their strongest point take control.  I am annoyed and I hate Arsenal.

Amartey did okay when he came on. I can sort of understand why he was reluctant to take Mahrez (he wasn't great, but not as bad as some are saying) off. If he's staying, which looks likely now, we don't want him sulking. Keep him on and keep him happy and hope he can recapture some form.

Absolutely gutted. We had them on the ropes. Again. And we messed it up. Again.

Conceding from two set pieces in two minutes is just unforgiveable.

All the praise the team should get for scoring three goals and fighting back should be tempered with the total lack of concentration to see the game out.

With 25 minutes to go it's like we completely lost our way.

Whether it's because we're knackered, a lack of squad depth or wrong subs by Shakespeare, I can't really say.

Gray should never ever come on in this game in that situation. He is the total opposite of what you actually wnat on the pitch with 10 minutes to go. King, Slimani or even Chilwell would have been better choices.

Once we went on the back foot, bringing on Kelechi and keeping on Mahrez wasn't the right thing to do. Got no qualms about Amartey coming on.

Bit knee jerk from a lot of people. 

We could have got stuffed today but put up a decent fight. No shame in losing to Arsenal at their place. Didn't like the manner of conceding the goals, and hate Arsenal with a passion, but we were equal to them for pretty much all of the game and can take lots of positives from it. 

Makeshift midfield and Nacho not yet fit - we'll be fine 

Archived