Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

When Bobby huth is fit

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The consensus is to drop the captain - but does shakey have the bottle ??

Well if he hasn't, then his managerial tenure at the KP will be very short.  It is beyond me how this aspect of the defense has not been resolved.. Having slow lumps at the back is a thing of the past in the EPL..  Far to many quick footed forwards spread across the league now.. . Not many teams resort to lumping in high balls anymore apart from WBA and Stoke.. We need to replace now as we cannot wait for this young lad from Chester to develop.

8 hours ago, Captain... said:

One poor game against a world class attack and you're all writing him off. Fvcks sake people our title winning captain deserves a little more credit. This is his first competitive game in a while, with a new partner, against Ozil, Lacazette, Welbeck, Giroud. 

Didn't have a great game but he is still more than good enough to play against the majority of this league.

This goes back further he looked out his depth 3 years ago. Until huth came in an organised and led the back 4 he was pants. He's not a leader and despite agreeing with most that both was and huth are about on their last legs.

Huth is the better option.

To be fair to Wes the first goal was arguably Maguire's fault. When the cross came in Maguire was ball watching and had let his man drift into space behind him leaving Wes in pretty much a 2 on 1. When you watch the replay Wes spots this and decides to stand off Lacazette to try and place himself between both men which leaves Lacazette with the space to head in. He maybe shouldn't have left his man but he was put into that situation by Harry's lack of concentration.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Huth simply isn't good enough. 

The one thing Wes has Got is a bit (a tiny bit) of pace when he gets going. 

Huth and maguire are slow as shit. 

We need to go in for someone like Ogbonna, Geoff Cameron or Adil rami (not fast but his positioning and leadership make up for it) 

Huth isn't good enough and needs replacing by Geoff Cameron. 

That is absolutely ridiculous. ?

So it's all Morgans fault

Was I watching a different game, I'd like to know how many blocks he made compared to some of the others

We had one CB covering two for the first goal, I'm pretty sure Simpson or Maguire should have helped him out

Yep he's getting older but the guy put's his body on the line for the Team when he plays.

It will be interesting to see Maguire learn his trade with Huth. But in defence of Morgan.

He did the best that he could do .... give the guy a break

Is Maguire's natural position right centre back though?  I know Huth prefers left centre back, but if that's maguires natural position too then it will be Morgan and one of Maguire & Huth.  For what it's worth, Morgan has been immense for us.  A man mountain, he was out at the back end of last season so it might have just been a bit of ring rust.

Although us fans don't like to accept it, but EVERY player has an off day.  We just hope every player doesn't have an off day at the same time.

27 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Was I watching a different game, I'd like to know how many blocks he made compared to some of the others

We had one CB covering two for the first goal, I'm pretty sure Simpson or Maguire should have helped him out

Yep he's getting older but the guy put's his body on the line for the Team when he plays.

It will be interesting to see Maguire learn his trade with Huth. But in defence of Morgan.

Fair enough - so we are going to drop maguire then?  Don't think so 

and our record with/without Huth is pretty clear I think. Huth seems to organise things around him better than wes

i wouldn't be against three at the back if riyad leaves - infact, even if he stays. Then he would have to earn the right to play in the space up top with proper competition now up there 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

and our record with/without Huth is pretty clear I think. Huth seems to organise things around him better than wes

i wouldn't be against three at the back if riyad leaves - infact, even if he stays. Then he would have to earn the right to play in the space up top with proper competition now up there 

It will be interesting to see Maguire learn his trade with Huth. I wrote

Didn't say anything about dropping Maguire in fact he gave us a different outlet in the game.

I wouldn't mind the three at the back either it would give him a chance to get forward which he appears to be quite good at

We need a younger CB as ours are getting older but I'm not going to blame Morgan for what happened last night either.

49 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

It will be interesting to see Maguire learn his trade with Huth. I wrote

Didn't say anything about dropping Maguire in fact he gave us a different outlet in the game.

I wouldn't mind the three at the back either it would give him a chance to get forward which he appears to be quite good at

We need a younger CB as ours are getting older but I'm not going to blame Morgan for what happened last night either.

It's a team game you can't blame one player for what happened last night they all have to take the blame. I do believe that this could be Morgan last season, so we need to get in a CB or even 2.

11 hours ago, Captain... said:

One poor game against a world class attack and you're all writing him off. Fvcks sake people our title winning captain deserves a little more credit. This is his first competitive game in a while, with a new partner, against Ozil, Lacazette, Welbeck, Giroud. 

Didn't have a great game but he is still more than good enough to play against the majority of this league.

Big Wes is a legend but he was poor most of last season too unfortunately. Huth and Maguire should be the new pairing.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I did not watch last nights game so i wont comment on that. The bit i will comment on though is Wes as captain. As you say we look better organised when Huths on the pitch. Our form is far better with Huth taking charge than when Wes does.

Our captain should be able to take charge on the pitch and organise. Sadly Wes can't do that and should never be our captain. And no I don't buy this but in the dressing room shite. The captain should lead on and off the field and wes has never really led the team on the pitch.

Yes Wes will put himself infront of a bullet or a train for the team. But he has no idea how to organise.

2 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

It isn't any single player's fault.

But Morgan is miles past his best. He needs replacing and the squad needs freshening up. Too many ageing defenders.

Guest BlueBrett

People have been saying Wes is 'past it' for years but he proves them wrong time and again with an heroic performance when we need him most. He's still only 33, not exact;y ancient for a centre back. He still has plenty to offer both on and off the pitch imo.

I'd still play Huth alongside Maguire though

13 hours ago, Captain... said:

It's not one bad game though is it. He's looked out of his depth since the start of last season.

• 3 months later...

Anyone with an update on our best player since he arrived?

Watched him play for the U23s months agao and heard nothing since.

Is he injured again?

Archived