Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Podgeyrogers

Is Nigel Pearson finished in football?

What is the obsession with comparing him to Ranners? Why do you have to pick one? They've both done an awful lot for this football club and us fans.

Make a dedicated thread about who's cock you want to gobble more if you want, but leave the comparisons in there. Don't derail every other thread where either of them are brought up.

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

If he is finished he did it to himself...

Many on here clealy still respect him..... he put in geat structure and got us to the pl

.....but he was a bit one dimendional as we got to the pl. .... and the circus stuff was madness.... any potential employer would worry

I was surprised he didnt get the boro gig

I was surprised as well. Club with all the facilities for the top flight (since they've just been there an all), in need of a bit of a rebuild personnel-wise, and he has history with them. Seemed the perfect fit. Maybe he'll end up somewhere like Burton if they're struggling this year.

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

I'm convinced he'll manage us again.

- 5-6 years more decency under the Thais

- Thais sell up

- New owners spend a load of money on a load of shite

- We get relegated

- Pearson returns

I absolutely love the guy. He's a hero and should be a hero for every Leicester supporter that enjoyed our title win because without him none of it would have happened. 

The guy clearly has an incredible ability to command respect from his players and he built our club back up from our lowest point in history. 

However....in his final season with us he left the owners in a very difficult position through his own actions which were strange to say the least. Incidents that sping to mind are when he told the supporter to 'go away' and die and of course ostrich gate. I have to be honest by the end of his reign I was seriously beginning to question the state of his mental health the behaviour was that odd. I thought he needed some help coping with the pressures of the media dominated premier league (particularly when things were going so poorly on the pitch). 

That being said, if we were ever in a position to need him back at the club, I'd love to see him back. But probably not while we're in the premier league. 

Clearly a great coach and man manager, but he has destroyed his own reputation within the game because of his behaviour. 

Unfortunately, he never seemed to accept the media and corporate side of managing a professional football club. Like or lump it, it's part of the job - you can't pick and choose which bits you like and which you don't. 

He he has a few too many **** ups with us: FOAD, McArthur, Ostrich, etc. And that was before his thick son put the icing on the cake by degrading some Thai girls and Nige obviously took his side.

He's since had a succession of minor cock ups, including dronegate at Derby - which admittedly sounded like Mel Morris' fault.

I don't think many clubs would want to take a punt on him now. Clubs have fans and sponsors to keep happy and, unfortunately, he isn't he man to do that.

By all accounts a lovely bloke by the way. And yes, Leicester must remember the great work he did for us.

I can see him ending up doing some punditry, which would of course be a huge irony.

Two years since he was fired. What's happened since has just been insane

After what happened with us and then the Derby debacle it seems like he's just waiting for the perfect project to come along. Trouble is I don't think it will - he's after a club with decent owners who won't meddle and will allow him time to build his own dynasty. Also, somewhere that is close enough to his home in Sheffield to commute. I don't think he'd take charge of a club outside of the the Prem/Championship either, so he's really limiting his chances.

I really wish him well though and hope it all comes together for him soon - he's one of the best things that's ever happened to Leicester City and deserves a great deal of credit for leaving such a strong legacy for Ranieri to do what he did. 

I really hope he gets a decent job soon, it's the least he deserves for everything he's done for us here.

He's my favourite ever City manager - his edge while being his downfall currently is also in my view one of his greatest strengths. If Big Nige was here i wonder if Gray and Mahrez would be getting off so lightly at the moment - Gray for his first team comments/Mahrez for his potential departure/performances, im sure he'd have put them both in their places a bit by now.

Edit - to actually answer the question, i think he's not finished - he'll nail an interview someday and get back in - and that club will be sorted :thumbup::pearson:

I'll always be a fan of his for what he's done for the club but the only reason he should ever manage us again is if we're in the championship, so I hope it's not any time soon.

It's a shame for him that it didn't work out at Derby, because it really should have done. He should still be top of any championship club's list if they're looking for a manager, but I fear many chairmen are even more arrogant than he is, so they're not going to fancy the idea of letting him call the shots.

As for the top level, he was out of his depth when he was there with us so he'll have to take another club up to get another chance.

I think he'll have developed as manager in his absence from a job, in the sense that he's going to have to tolerate the parts of the job he dislikes. He'll get given a chance when any of Boro, Wednesday, Norwich and the lack inevitably sack their manager.

On 8/12/2017 at 15:19, Fox92 said:

Only way he'll be in the top flight again is by getting a team promoted.

I'd love to see him back here, even if just a coach. The platform he built for us, twice, was excellent. 

Absolute legend.

Shakey: " oi, Nige... Get the cones out...

Big Nige  *glares*

Scenes.

The longer he is out the greater his chances of getting another job recede.

He may also suffer from the perception that he works best when part of his team 'Walsh and Shakespeare' rather than on his own. With Walsh happily at Everton (and largely credited with the signings of Kante, Mahrez and Vardy) and Shakespeare here (and increasingly portrayed as the glue that kept Ranieri and the squad together) Pearson is being left as simply the man who was difficult with the press and sacked after a scandal.

I wonder if he'll end up managing somewhere abroad?

Seems like the kinda bloke who likes an adventure and he wouldn't have to deal with the British press.

Just a thought...

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I wonder if he'll end up managing somewhere abroad?

Seems like the kinda bloke who likes an adventure and he wouldn't have to deal with the British press.

Just a thought...

depends where about abroad. in spain and italy (ask moyes, bale etc) you don't just get a few back pages if you f uck up, you get thousands of fans and journalists trying to burn down your house. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

depends where about abroad. in spain and italy (ask moyes, bale etc) you don't just get a few back pages if you f uck up, you get thousands of fans and journalists trying to burn down your house. 

Yeah, a bit 'out of the frying pan, into the fire' if he went Italy or Spain I guess.

Maybe somewhere a bit more low key like Scandinavia, Holland or Portugal maybe?

Depends what his motivations are. I'm sure he could earn a fortune in the Middle East or Asia but I guess he doesn't need the money.

Legend without him we may have never won the Prem, built a very strong and solid team who are still together now more or less and who knows if he would have been able to guide us to the title the team he built peaked perfectly.

Would take him back anytime, straight to the point!

Archived