Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC Internationals 2017/18

Didn't know Iheanacho was that apt at free-kicks. Would like to see him attempt a few in the league, too. Gives us more options up front.

Also funny how the German commentators called Barnes a "defensive midfielder". From what I recall, he's anything but that.

Edited by MC Prussian

8 hours ago, brucey said:

Post match interview with Riyad as captain and their new Algeria NT manager...

Some journo asked Riyad why the national team had lost its identity... as he was about to answer, the manager stopped him and did this lol

The Algerian Nigel Pearson.. poor Riyad looks terrified lol

Goodness me, the temper! A bit embarrassing that.

with all the WC teams decided how many players will LCFC have there .......  could be up to 9? Is that a record?. Have i missed anybody?

Probable

Kasper -Denmark

Vardy - England

Nacho Nacho Man - Nigeria

Ndidi - Nigeria

Shinji- Japan

Possible

Silva - Portugual

Musa - Nigeria

Gray - England

Maguire - England

17 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

with all the WC teams decided how many players will LCFC have there .......  could be up to 9? Is that a record?. Have i missed anybody?

Probable

Kasper -Denmark

Vardy - England

Ndidi - Nigeria

Shinji- Japan

Possible

Silva - Portugual

Musa - Nigeria

Gray - England

Maguire - England

Judging by recent squads / teams you could move Maguire to probable and shinji to possible.

58 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

Probable

Kasper -Denmark

Vardy - England

Ndidi - Nigeria

Shinji- Japan

Possible

Silva - Portugual

Musa - Nigeria

Gray - England

Maguire - England

Plus all of our Brazilian/French January signings. 

Ben Chilwell is my long shot smokey to sneak in.

IF he replaces Fuchs now, and plays well for the rest of the season, I think he is exactly the sort of player Southgate is looking to get involved.

Like I say it's a long shot and he needs everything to go right for him. But who knows

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

IF he replaces Fuchs now, and plays well for the rest of the season, I think he is exactly the sort of player Southgate is looking to get involved.

Like I say it's a long shot and he needs everything to go right for him. But who knows

Danny rose and Ryan Bertrand are nailed on to go.  Ben will not get a sniff without injuries. 

40 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

There are only 2 more friendlies before the squad gets announced, if I remember right. Seriously doubt anyone who hasn't already made their debut will get a look in. 

As said though, he's behind Bertrand and rose, and probably Shaw too if he manages to get PL game time in the second half of the season. 

22 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

Probable

Kasper -Denmark

Vardy - England

Ndidi - Nigeria

Shinji- Japan

Possible

Silva - Portugual

Musa - Nigeria

Gray - England

Maguire - England

I would say Maguire is probable and Musa could also be probable even if he stays at Leicester due to his experience with the national team.

• 4 weeks later...

If you fancy watching some football before our game kicks off there's an amazing game going on right now. Japan are playing South Korea - a real grudge match, especially for the Koreans. And after 25 minutes Korea are ripping the Japanese apart. It's fantastic to watch. They went behind after two minutes but since them they have been totally laying into Japan with a series of flowing attacks, and they're now 2-1 up. Can Japan hit back?

Both nations have only called up home based players - and up front for Japan is Yu Kobayashi, one of Shinji's rivals for a place in the squad for Russia.   

Wonder if Shinji is secretly keeping an eye on the game as he sits in the players' lounge.

Edit: now it's 3-1. If this game is any guide to next summer the Koreans must have a real chance of progressing to the last 16. They're in a group with Germany, Mexico and Sweden.

Edited by kushiro

• 2 months later...

Shinji is out!!!  

OMG. Squad's just being announced. Strongly expected to return to the squad for the forthcoming friendlies. But no. 

Might be all over for him at international level. 

Boss Halihodzic is now answering questions. Presumably he'll be asked about Shinji...

He's asked directly why Okazaki isn't in the squad, but he doesn't give a direct answer. So the journalist repeats the question. Then he says 'The strikers I've called up have different qualities to Okazaki. They are goalscorers. Also, Oka's (that's what he calls him) role at Leichester (that's what he calls us) is different to his role on the national team".

Oh well, looks like his international career will finish on 111 caps and 50 goals.

Here are the three strikers chosen ahead of Shinji:

Yu Kobayashi, who scored 23 goals in 34 games for Kawasaki Frontale last season.

Yuya Osako, three goals in 19 games for Koln this season.

Kenyu Sugimoto, 22 in 24 for Cerezo Osaka last season.

• Thanks 4