Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC Internationals 2017/18

40 minutes ago, kushiro said:

He's asked directly why Okazaki isn't in the squad, but he doesn't give a direct answer. So the journalist repeats the question. Then he says 'The strikers I've called up have different qualities to Okazaki. They are goalscorers. Also, Oka's (that's what he calls him) role at Leichester (that's what he calls us) is different to his role on the national team".

Oh well, looks like his international career will finish on 111 caps and 50 goals.

Here are the three strikers chosen ahead of Shinji:

Yu Kobayashi, who scored 23 goals in 34 games for Kawasaki Frontale last season.

Yuya Osako, three goals in 19 games for Koln this season.

Kenyu Sugimoto, 22 in 24 for Cerezo Osaka last season.

'The strikers I've called up have different qualities to Okazaki. They are goalscorers.

Yuya Osako, three goals in 19 games....

:nigel:

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Also, Albrighton has the 2nd most assists (Joint with Sterling on 7) for an English player this season in the premier league. Still not considered. 

He can't just lump the ball into the box constantly for England.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Also, Albrighton has the 2nd most assists (Joint with Sterling on 7) for an English player this season in the premier league. Still not considered. 

The form he's been in lately he's lucky to be in Leicesters squad

• Like 4

Such a boring squad. 4 goalkeepers because Southgate is mates with Joe Hart. Uncreative midfield. Yuck. Happy for Vardy and Maguire though.

Not really surprised Albrighton hasn't had a call-up, good for us, but wouldn't suit England as he doesn't really know what to do with a ball other than cut inside and cross. Plus England have been playing 3 at the back with wing backs.

Edited by lgfualol

Like it or not we could need Hart so it makes sense to me to keep him involved for the time being. He'll probably go as 3rd choice for the experience and hopefully help Pickford and Butland.

We're always going to have players who play for the big clubs who don't get that much game time, because they aint good enough but that doesn't mean there not better than the rest of the options. I don't think I could name a player off the top of my head who isn't in the squad but should be? Drinkwater ahead of Livermore yes but he's ****ed Southgate around so not surprised he doesn't get picked.

• Like 1

Why 27 players?!? If Southgate doesn’t have a reasonable idea of his World Cup 23 by now, what’s the point of asking players just to make the numbers? For someone like Pope or Cook, it’s pointless if he doesn’t play him or select him for the final squad.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Why 27 players?!? If Southgate doesn’t have a reasonable idea of his World Cup 23 by now, what’s the point of asking players just to make the numbers? For someone like Pope or Cook, it’s pointless if he doesn’t play him or select him for the final squad.

Because he has to pick players for the standby list? So makes sense to keep a number of players involved in squads.

Livermore was appalling at the weekend. 

It’s tough for Southgate, you want consistent selection but so many England regulars are underperforming/not first team regulars. You want to bring in new players but you don’t want to be fielding completely experimental sides and you need to prepare for the World Cup with the players that are likely to feature.

4 keepers is ok in a 27 man squad the question should be why a 27 man squad for 2 games?

Finally he spoke about players unlucky to miss out, Drinkwater didn’t come up, seems like he has burnt that bridge.

18 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Livermore, Wilshire, Hart, Welbeck WTF!!!

I would have Shelvey for a start. We need some creativity and Dier/Henderson/Wilshire aren't going to provide it.

Wilshire is a great player when fit and offers plenty of creativity, but he is made of glass. If he is 100% fit he is our best CM.

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Wilshire is a great player when fit and offers plenty of creativity, but he is made of glass. If he is 100% fit he is our best CM.

He is a terrible dirty cheat. One of the most overrated players in the prem. Embarrasingly bad this season.

lost interest in watching England a long time ago, when it became patently obvious that the manager was only there to kowtow to Lancaster Gate. I just hope that any of our guys that get to play aren't injured during the game or training sessions.

8 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Is Wilshire any better now or when he couldn't get in the Bournemouth team last season. In fact when AFC play without him they seem to win.

Yes he looks good playing a 5 yard pass and running forward, and then getting injured. Awful overated little thug who seems to be on the deck most of the time.

Southgate pretty much admitted Welbeck is only in the squad because Kane is injured... the other options are Ashley Barnes or Glen Murray! Perhaps Solanke or Abraham but their development would surely be better served with u21s

no idea the issues people have with the inclusion of Stones and Rose

Hart will go to the WC even if he’s 2nd choice, his experience could be useful. 

And who exactly do we have to replace Henderson, Lallana, and Livermore? I’m certainly not Wilshere’s biggest fan but he is in reasonsble form recently

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Because he has to pick players for the standby list? So makes sense to keep a number of players involved in squads.

I take that point but we are missing a few regulars. I'd see more sense in having 22 players with realistic chances of going to the World Cup and focusing on getting the right shape with those players. 

Can't really work out Livermore in, whilst already capped Winks is in the Under 21s. Similarly Southgate picked Abraham and Solanke then dumps them for an out of form Welbeck. I don't see the continuity in it all. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox