Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC Internationals 2017/18

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I take that point but we are missing a few regulars. I'd see more sense in having 22 players with realistic chances of going to the World Cup and focusing on getting the right shape with those players. 

Can't really work out Livermore in, whilst already capped Winks is in the Under 21s. Similarly Southgate picked Abraham and Solanke then dumps them for an out of form Welbeck. I don't see the continuity in it all. 

In those players cases it is better for them to play for under 21s than just make up the numbers in the senior squad. 

Worth picking 27 to cover the inevitable drop outs which means we’ll play a side that won’t start in the World Cup. 

Strange that Andy King isn't in the wales squad, any reason stated for that?

Thanks pds - must have been the swansea part that confused me.

Edited by Guest

On 15/03/2018 at 14:46, Wortho said:

Livermore, Wilshire, Hart, Welbeck WTF!!!

I would have Shelvey for a start. We need some creativity and Dier/Henderson/Wilshire aren't going to provide it.

Shelvey pinging through balls to Vardy would be worth a go against the better teams

• Like 3

5ab2be8e90ce0_ScreenShot2018-03-21at4_19_56PM.png.611172177ee5ab119939f32ee753f0c5.png

I make no claims about the accuracy of any of this information.

Due to the time change this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised I any games are listed as an hour off. The Wales game is a 4 team tournament in China. That's why the 2nd game is TBD. I don't think Amartey's Ghana are playing. Academy players that haven't played for the first team don't make this list. Alex Pascanu is supposed to be with the Romanian U21s and Callum Wright is with the England U21s. I don't know if any others are involved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just read about the Shinji Japan situation. Halilhodzic is bonkers, what is he on? I was looking forward to supporting Japan at the World Cup but hope they crash and burn for not picking Okazaki. Interesting that they’ve also left out Yoshida and Kagawa or are they due to injuries?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RutlanderFox said:

Just read about the Shinji Japan situation. Halilhodzic is bonkers, what is he on? I was looking forward to supporting Japan at the World Cup but hope they crash and burn for not picking Okazaki. Interesting that they’ve also left out Yoshida and Kagawa or are they due to injuries?

Don't question that man's football choices. He knows what he's doing. Take it from me. He took a poor Algerian NT and made them as good as they can (just look at the 2014 world cup).

Sometimes his choices may look weird but he knows what he's doing.

Can Nigeria and Serbia not manage a better ground than Barnet?!?! lol

I know they like to stick in London but I’m sure they could draw a decent crowed at any number of Championship level grounds In this country. 

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Can Nigeria and Serbia not manage a better ground than Barnet?!?! lol

I know they like to stick in London but I’m sure they could draw a decent crowed at any number of Championship level grounds In this country. 

Most of them probably wouldn’t want their pitch played on this week. It’s an excellent set up to at Barnet

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Most of them probably wouldn’t want their pitch played on this week. It’s an excellent set up to at Barnet

Yes. Good facilities and also 2 good training pitches on site - also been used by Chile and Germany previously