Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC Internationals 2017/18

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Eriksen just bettered that first goal. Lovely free kick curled in. 

He's been sh*t hot under Åge Hareide. Think that's 10 goals in his last 14 games for Denmark.

Against Poland he scored 1 and assisted the other three.

In one respect I'm pleased Vardy didn't play, as others have expressed ... at 

least he hasn't had a burn out game before the weekend. But in the same breath Southgate is such a boring 'more-of-the-same' managerless figure. Okay, so the argument is that England won, what else do you want? .... What I want is a dynamic entertaining England and I'm afraid the current lot simply bore me to tears!

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Vardy is 2nd choice striker.

Welbeck and Rashford are used as wide players. 

I'm not so sure, anyhow Kane untouchable for Southgate, so I'm not sure Vardy will get much time.

Suits me as I'd rather not watch another FA yes man waste another summer at a tournament. No Vardy, no need to watch unless Harry M plays.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not so sure, anyhow Kane untouchable for Southgate, so I'm not sure Vardy will get much time.

Suits me as I'd rather not watch another FA yes man waste another summer at a tournament. No Vardy, no need to watch unless Harry M plays.

Vardy has been used in central positions since Southgate took control.

If Kane gets injured - he starts down the middle.

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Vardy has been used in central positions since Southgate took control.

If Kane gets injured - he starts down the middle.

Kane could turn up with a broken leg and he'd still be pick ahead of Vardy! 

Same a DD, not going to the last tournament as England preferred two players returning from injury from two big club rather than a key component of the champions.

Englands a closed shop, always have been, always will be, it's about making money sell shirts, not about winning anything. The only way the FA will get is house in order will be when Wembley has about 20000 turning up!

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Kane could turn up with a broken leg and he'd still be pick ahead of Vardy! 

Same a DD, not going to the last tournament as England preferred two players returning from injury from two big club rather than a key component of the champions.

Englands a closed shop, always have been, always will be, it's about making money sell shirts, not about winning anything. The only way the FA will get is house in order will be when Wembley has about 20000 turning up!

In fairness, Kane has just won back to back golden boots, is 24 so is the future and has just scored 4 in his last 2 games before tonight.

It's hard to argue against Kane being selected if England are playing one striker, especially as both of these games were competitive qualifiers.

Kane is there on merit, not because he plays for a big club.

Edited by Stevosevic

I'm not staying  Vardy should start over Kane, but felt Kane wasn't great tonight and Vardy should have been on around the 60 minute!   For me I'd be playing a 5-2-1-2, with Vardy and Kane upfront, with Alli in behind and use our fallback for width, as I think our wide players are for a better word bobbins! 

• Like 1