Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Barcelona Terror Attack

I was thinking only yesterday that it's been a 'while' since the last incident and then here we are again. Our neighbors just got back from Barcelona last week. Beautiful city, beautiful people. 

Live here now, very scary when it's close to home. Weird how the other day I was thinking how easy it would be to kill loads of people when I heard about the france restaurant attack when I was walking down La Rambla.. 

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm in Spain, and look like a Muslim, you can imagine the air is really thin at the mo

You'll be ok if you're dressed like the Original Fosse Boys, Singhy - they'll just assume the circus is in town... lol

Madness, mindless, stupidity.

Achieves nothing but breeding hate. One of these days they'll mow down a family belonging to their own creed/faction/race and what then?

Doubtless many will be thinking this is Muslims, which it may well be, but being Barcelona, could be one of the Basque separatist movements?

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

Madness, mindless, stupidity.

Achieves nothing but breeding hate. One of these days they'll mow down a family belonging to their own creed/faction/race and what then?

Doubtless many will be thinking this is Muslims, which it may well be, but being Barcelona, could be one of the Basque separatist movements?

That happened a long time ago.

Many Muslims died on 911, at least one on London Bridge, Manchester Arena...

Such a cowardly act of violence.

Still, remember it's all a series of desperate attempts to break the collective as part of their retaliation against everything Europe stands for, so they can put a dent in our Western Civilization, meaning our civil liberties. Ain't going to happen.

30 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'm not overly familiar with ETA or Basque nationalists but I'm fairly sure their grievance is with Republican Spain and not Catalans. 

8 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I'm not overly familiar with ETA or Basque nationalists but I'm fairly sure their grievance is with Republican Spain 

ETA has renounced violent struggle and handed in its arms.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

As good a place as any to post this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/an_education_in_terror

Have IS stated they were behind this already?

Everyone is bound to be pointing their finger towards them for this, but that link doesn't feel relevant to this incident yet (despite how shocking the details within that article are).

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

ETA has renounced violent struggle and handed in its arms.

I know, I meant historically there hasn't been aggression towards Catalonians from the Basques but I didn't word it well 

Summary

1. Officials say 13 killed and at least 50 injured when van crashes into crowd
  2. Police say the incident is being treated as a terrorist attack
  3. One person has been arrested, but not clear if it is the driver
  4. People took cover in nearby shops and cafes
  5. The famous Las Ramblas boulevard is a tourist hotspot

1 minute ago, DanNDH88 said:

My mate has sent me a video of a bloke with a rucksack arrested by a swarm of armed police and another video of loads of armed police cars surrounding a car on the motorway I think. 

Breaking news on tve1 is that one of the cvnts has just been shot by police

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Sickening really the people behind this, needs to be stopped at the source before it gets out of hand.

Isis? I doubt it will happen tbh.  

How can you win a war when they're willing to kill kids like in Manchester?  This will all be brushed under the carpet again in a few weeks and it will all be forgotten about. 

Archived