Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Barcelona Terror Attack

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Yet again, bloody politics is taking over a thread..

Just one thread without it in General Chat would be great, especially in a thread where innocent people have been killed by terrorism that might not to do with bleeding politics..

I don't know about politics taking over a thread but certainly gets tiring when people use it to shoehorn in references to their favourite cause even if it's ever so tenuously related. Same with the discussion about the grooming gangs in the other thread.

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Well, I'm not sure what to say really because it happens that fvcking often now. Looks like, having happened in Paris, London, Berlin and now Barcelona, this is a new type of attack. It is pretty unstoppable. 

Wait what? It never happened in Paris. It was in Nice

35 minutes ago, bovril said:

I don't know about politics taking over a thread but certainly gets tiring when people use it to shoehorn in references to their favourite cause even if it's ever so tenuously related. Same with the discussion about the grooming gangs in the other thread.

We shouldn't mention Islamic terrorism after an Islamic terrorist attack?

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

We shouldn't mention Islamic terrorism after an Islamic terrorist attack?

If you want to help ISIS then go ahead. They love it when they divide "muslims" from the rest of the world. Then the peaceful muslims will feel segrated from the rest of society and will become easy prey for ISIS recruiters. 

The way you put it, "islamic terrorist attack" kind of implies that islam is behind it, when really it is a minority of people that make the most noise. Don't forget, there are 2+ billion muslims in the world. 

More consequence of misguided attitudes. Nothing will change and I wonder how many strolling pedestrians will have to die in the name of intolerant idealism before people finally see sense and stand alone and for themselves, free from the machinations of religious and philosophical manipulators.  .

Whatever's said next about this latest terrorism,  we'll have heard it all before. 

Once my father's generation thought overcoming the Nazis would make for a happier life all round in Europe. But I guess if it's not one group of blinkered extremists it's another. The eternal conflict - perceived good against perceived evil.  

Muslims or Basque Separatists? Yeah! Tricky one that. I should have had a bet.   

RIP everyone - and preferably with those who know the meaning of goodness and have themselves passed on free from the entwining tentacles of evil. 

I just feel sorry for the decent Muslims - and what their eventual paradise will be like with so many ghostly zealots swarming around the cosmic border posts urging them to make hell even out of heaven's supposedly safe and sweet non-existence...once they find the infidels' resting place.  

Yet, as my missus once said: "Heaven should be a place you can walk the dog, undisturbed and in complete quietness".       

In such a world you'd never need calling to the prayers of any faith because there'd be no influence, and sin would have no concept.

Ironic really. That communication is actually the root of all evil, with money and control often the harvest.

Even the messages assumed to come from God were interpreted and eventually corrupted by man. From God: Thou shalt Not Kill. From Man: Thou shalt not kill unless.... "

Think about it. The man who drove that van with such hatred was almost certainly corrupted by the words he absorbed. Vehicle murder is a copycat crime. A tactical ploy the previous success of which will have influenced the carnage in Barcelona.

Without absorbing the verbal seeds of evil, the crime would likely not have been committed although vulnerably pitiful men often want to do something that mocks their supposed weakness and will easily be influenced to make a murderous statement.

Yet today, tomorrow and for days and weeks to come, more words will be said and written and they too will be corrupting in all sorts of ways. Again ironic because the antidote to terrorism is a complete lack of the publicity that serves its promotion.      

But we're way beyond that being possible. And we ain't seen nothing yet.

History has shown that some men want to be evil. It gets them noticed. Builds their legend. Provides them with a place in history. And those words, in turn, inspire more and worse evil.   

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

More consequence of misguided attitudes. Nothing will change and I wonder how many strolling pedestrians will have to die in the name of intolerant idealism before people finally see sense and stand alone and for themselves, free from the machinations of religious and philosophical manipulators.  .

Whatever's said next about this latest terrorism,  we'll have heard it all before. 

Once my father's generation thought overcoming the Nazis would make for a happier life all round in Europe. But I guess if it's not one group of blinkered extremists it's another. The eternal conflict - perceived good against perceived evil.  

Muslims or Basque Separatists? Yeah! Tricky one that. I should have had a bet.   

RIP everyone - and preferably with those who know the meaning of goodness and have themselves passed on free from the entwining tentacles of evil. 

I just feel sorry for the decent Muslims - and what their eventual paradise will be like with so many ghostly zealots swarming around the cosmic border posts urging them to make hell even out of heaven's supposedly safe and sweet non-existence...once they find the infidels' resting place.  

Yet, as my missus once said: "Heaven should be a place you can walk the dog, undisturbed and in complete quietness".       

In such a world you'd never need calling to the prayers of any faith because there'd be no influence, and sin would have no concept.

Ironic really. That communication is actually the root of all evil, with money and control often the harvest.

Even the messages assumed to come from God were interpreted and eventually corrupted by man. From God: Thou shalt Not Kill. From Man: Thou shalt not kill unless.... "

Think about it. The man who drove that van with such hatred was almost certainly corrupted by the words he absorbed. Vehicle murder is a copycat crime. A tactical ploy the previous success of which will have influenced the carnage in Barcelona.

Without absorbing the verbal seeds of evil, the crime would likely not have been committed although vulnerably pitiful men often want to do something that mocks their supposed weakness and will easily be influenced to make a murderous statement.

Yet today, tomorrow and for days and weeks to come, more words will be said and written and they too will be corrupting in all sorts of ways. Again ironic because the antidote to terrorism is a complete lack of the publicity that serves its promotion.      

But we're way beyond that being possible. And we ain't seen nothing yet.

History has shown that some men want to be evil. It gets them noticed. Builds their legend. Provides them with a place in history. And those words, in turn, inspire more and worse evil.   

So you blame  poor mother upbringing?

49 minutes ago, Redouane said:

If you want to help ISIS then go ahead. They love it when they divide "muslims" from the rest of the world. Then the peaceful muslims will feel segrated from the rest of society and will become easy prey for ISIS recruiters. 

The way you put it, "islamic terrorist attack" kind of implies that islam is behind it, when really it is a minority of people that make the most noise. Don't forget, there are 2+ billion muslims in the world. 

Kinda sad that....so many people, so fervently and so uncompromisingly influenced almost from the time they were born. And the same with other faiths.  

I don't lack faith but accept that I don't know the truth and therefore have no right to pretend I do. 

As such, although brought up a fairly Christian manner myself, I have never sent my kids to church or Sunday school nor read them any scriptures. They've grown up in what I hope has been a fair, positive, considerate and happy environment but they've always been completely free to choose beliefs and pathways for themselves.

I'm there to support them, not to live their lives as well as my own. .    

10 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Sorry sir, but was is your point???

You asked a question that could have had a lengthy answer but, really, it's not who or what to "blame" that matters but what might be done to change things for the better. And I don't kid myself that I have any influence at all in that direction.     

1 hour ago, Redouane said:

Muslims aren't stupid, not all anyway.  They will know the difference between right and wrong, so why would any condemnation of such filth as being a Islamic attack cause any sane human being to want to insulted.  

These guys are saying they are islamic, are they islamic?  Looking forward at the history of Islam I would say yes.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

I'm.in Spain that scares me

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Muslims aren't stupid, not all anyway.  

Just keep telling anybody you meet that not all Muslims are stupid and I'm sure you'll be fine.

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Muslims aren't stupid, not all anyway.  They will know the difference between right and wrong, so why would any condemnation of such filth as being a Islamic attack cause any sane human being to want to insulted.  

These guys are saying they are islamic, are they islamic?  Looking forward at the history of Islam I would say yes.

I'm no fan of Islam or religion in general but I do think we should avoid phrases that blur and slur the beliefs and activities of a couple of billion people! I am all for however positive action to disrupt terror related activities!

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm no fan of Islam or religion in general but I do think we should avoid phrases that blur and slur the beliefs and activities of a couple of billion people! I am all for however positive action to disrupt terror related activities!

I dunno, read islamic history and say different?  People talk about crusades, they had there own in much more recent history, or is that a blur on a billion people?   This is about ideology thAt stems from its beginning, read history and you will see nothing has changed with regards to said.

Archived