Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Sheffield United... Away.. Tuesday.

19 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Need to strike a balance between taking this cup seriously and trying to give game time to squad players so..

Hamer

Simpson   Huth       Benalouane  Fuchs

Gray      King     James      Chilwell

Slimani    Okazaki

Subs   Jakupovic, Iborra, Ulloa, Mendy,Albrighton, Mahrez, Amartey

Like the thought behind the  selection, though if fit, Iborra would get the nod in front of King.

Seeing Slim, with Shinji another  good call. If Nacho had been fit, then I would of gone with him,

before Shinji.

I could see CS actually putting this team out.....

Vardy needs to recuperate, the knock looked heavy.

Huth & Benny need game time, they still could be our 2 main CBs if we take injuries.

Yes we need to get Gray and Chilly early into the season.

Amartey What to do??  He has to make this season his own..

22 hours ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

People need toer realise the importance of Europa cleague qualification to Leicester as a club. This could make or break us as a club. Haven't you realised how we can't attract the higher class established premier league players because of our current situation. Remember how Micheal Keane and Sigurdsson choose everton over us it is because of us lacking European football if we don't qualify for Europe we will become a one season wonder mahrez wants to leave, vardy's getting older and our champions league money won't last forever the chance for this club to go to the next level in football is fading away.

This season is a make or break season for us fail to qualify for Europe this season and it will be along time before we will go to Europe again. The EFL cup is more important for us then it ever was before because it is our best chance of getting to where we want to be.

Leicester fans dont have to realise anything...we will always..."Know what and who we are" !!!

I may want, but I dont put expectations into my life that,I cant control...If we are going to have regular

European nights, over consistent seasons, then it wont come from 1 offs in EFL success.

League consistency, regular top 8 position finish will build the clubs ambitions, then decent cup runs

become inevitable. 

To be honest if we won the FA cup and again The EFL, in the next 3-4 seasons, with small Europe participation, and early exit,

I would be well satisfied....My wishes are more difficult...Stay in the PL top 14 for the next  12+yrs, will do me.

Jesus...what top foreign player would want to go to Leicester....We won the league, but no big-timers were interested.

I hated those 10yrs in the wilderness, We also have to realise what it takes to translate just decent Expectations!!

Look at WHam or Cpalace, and their reported expectations over the years... 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Leicester fans dont have to realise anything...we will always..."Know what and who we are" !!!

I may want, but I dont put expectations into my life that,I cant control...If we are going to have regular

European nights, over consistent seasons, then it wont come from 1 offs in EFL success.

League consistency, regular top 8 position finish will build the clubs ambitions, then decent cup runs

become inevitable. 

To be honest if we won the FA cup and again The EFL, in the next 3-4 seasons, with small Europe participation, and early exit,

I would be well satisfied....My wishes are more difficult...Stay in the PL top 14 for the next  12+yrs, will do me.

Jesus...what top foreign player would want to go to Leicester....We won the league, but no big-timers were interested.

I hated those 10yrs in the wilderness, We also have to realise what it takes to translate just decent Expectations!!

Look at WHam or Cpalace, and their reported expectations over the years... 

I agree we need to become stable as a club but to attract the sort of players who can get us into these top 7 finishes we need European football. I'd love to be in the champions league again the atmosphere on those nights is something that I don't want to become a distant memory. 

1 hour ago, bluesbrothers said:

Where are away fans drinking beforehand? I know Sheffield well (lived on Shoreham Street for 2 years), but never been to United for footy and imagine showing my face in some of the places I used to drink might get me filled in. :P

Same here - been working in Sheffield since 2011 but this is the first sheffield game I'm going to, and Im on my own...in my city shirt eeeeeeeek

Shakey has said after both games Hamer is ahead of Jakupovic "on merit" which begs the question why we wasted the fee and wages signing him when we could just have Iversen be the no3 keeper so Hamer will play Tuesday

what I'd like to see

Kasper

Simpson Amartey Maguire Chilwell

Albrighton King NDidi Gray

Shinji

Slimani

what I think we will see

Hamer

Amartey Benny Huth Chilwell

Gray King DD/Mendy Musa

Ulloa Slimani

Looking forward to it!
A mixed side for me. I really want to go through whilst still giving some squad players some game time, therefore I've gone with this:

Jakupovic

Simpson
Benny
Maguire
Chilwell

Albrighton
James
King
Gray

Okazaki
Slimani

Subs: Schmeichel, Fuchs, Amartey, Ndidi, Vardy, Musa, Ulloa

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Looking forward to it!
A mixed side for me. I really want to go through whilst still giving some squad players some game time, therefore I've gone with this:

Jakupovic

Simpson
Benny
Maguire
Chilwell

Albrighton
James
King
Gray

Okazaki
Slimani

I'd be quite content with that

57 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Didn't Mendy play in the u23s lately? This is surely the game to play him.

he played Friday night, think he played about 60mins, after his lay off no need to rush him if there is another U23 game this coming week

We have united away four days later followed by the int break. i guess tomorrow's line up will reveal a lot about our ambition in the league this season. Changes above 8 or 9 may reveal shakey thinks we can make top six. Judging by his line up at palace prior to the Madrid game, I suspect we will see 5 or 6.  it's a bit complicated by the possible return of drinky for sat which allows for James to be selected. 

Should be a tough physical encounter 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

A lot of people putting Albrighton in the team. As one of the best performers and hardest workers i'd like him to get a rest, not play an extra game.

A rest? Two games into the season? lol come on. 

Just now, Bert said:

A rest? Two games into the season? lol come on. 

I just don't see the point risking an important player and adding extra game time even at this point. Protect him and give others game time.

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Looking forward to it!

Jakupovic

Simpson
Benny
Maguire
Chilwell

Albrighton
James
King
Gray

Okazaki
Slimani

I'd like to see Huth get a start if he's fit, instead of Benny. Apart from that, I'd be happy with this.

Archived