Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Sheffield United... Away.. Tuesday.

I'd like to see:

------------------------Jakupovic------------------

Simpson---Amartey---Maguire----Chilwell

----Gray--------Mendy------Iborra------Musa--

------------------Slimani-----Vardy-----------------

If Iborra isn't fit then King is in there, likewise Ulloa for Vardy if Vardz is only a bench option.

I dont see why Shakey would change formation, although it would be nice to see Musa, Gray and Slimani tested out up front.

2 hours ago, Cropwellfox said:

Think we will line up 442 and reasonably strong 

Hamer

Amartey

Maguire

Benny/Knight

Chilwell

Gray

King

Ndidi

Musa

Slimani

Okazaki

subs Jakupovic Benny/Knight Mendy Vardy, Ulloa, Thomas, Albrighton

I think this will be very close to the team. If Maguire does play, will be interesting to see the reaction he gets...

Be nice to see another U23 or two in the squad too 

On 20/08/2017 at 17:23, fuchsntf said:

Like the thought behind the  selection, though if fit, Iborra would get the nod in front of King.

Seeing Slim, with Shinji another  good call. If Nacho had been fit, then I would of gone with him,

before Shinji.

I could see CS actually putting this team out.....

Vardy needs to recuperate, the knock looked heavy.

Huth & Benny need game time, they still could be our 2 main CBs if we take injuries.

Yes we need to get Gray and Chilly early into the season.

Amartey What to do??  He has to make this season his own..

Can see Amartey's career suffering as a result of his versatility..perhaps needs to concentrate on one position instead of being a jack of all trades and a master of none. Maybe a loan spell in the Championship where he gets a run of games at centre back similar to Liam Moore at Reading

4 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

If Maguire does play, will be interesting to see the reaction he gets...

I would think Harry will get a very good reception. Sheffield boy and was captain of United at a young age. Player of the season for them at least once I recall. 

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I would think Harry will get a very good reception. Sheffield boy and was captain of United at a young age. Player of the season for them at least once I recall. 

Hope so, one of their own! 

On 8/19/2017 at 11:04, foxes21 said:

If we're serious about the cup I wouldn't make too many changes. We played a full strength side against Palace 3 days before our game against Atletico. Our players should be able to handle playing Tuesday & Saturday.

Schmeichel

Simpson, Amartey, Maguire, Chilwell

Albrighton, Iborra, Ndidi, Gray

Mahrez

Slimani

I like it!

Iborra isn't fit 

ibteresting re vardy. I imagine he is desperate to feature given his roots. Hopefully the manager will pick him only as a potential 'desperation sub' which allows him the banter of warming up on the touchline. 

Playing him when he doesn't need to would strike me as the manager allowing the player to dictate to him against the best interest of the team. would you trust vardy not to get a red card against the blades ???? (I assume the ref will not be an experienced prem one)

On 21.8.2017 at 10:26, suffolk fox said:

Hamer is ahead of a Swiss International goalkeeperlol

"Former Swiss international goalkeeper".

One senior cap so far!

Hasn't played for the national team in nine years and publicly stated he'd never play for Switzerland again due to family reasons.

So we know....

out: Iberro...DD....Huth...Morgan...Nacho...

possible after doubt:  Vardy..Mendy

I did like @drofmor55 1st selection, but after knocks and CS input

1st my Bench:    Vardy, Mahrez, Maguire, Schmeichel.Thomas/Ndidi/ Fuchs, Knight.

team:

Jaku

Simpson Benny Amartey Chilwell

Mendy

Gray James King

Slimani  Musa

lets see if the 3 buys from last season can claim their right for

Top 14 places, with More gametime.

Plus Amartey must state his claim.

16 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

3-4-3 trial for me:

Jakupovic

Amartey

Knight

Benalouane

Albrighton

King

Mendy

Chillwell

Musa

Slimani

Gray

This back three trial makes no sense. If your going to trial it do it with the players that will play every week. We need to know it suits our first choice players not three that won't play.

I little bit of rotation, Gray and Chilwell must start, one of Ulloa and Slimani to come in, Benny, Amartey or Knight to partner Maguire, King in for James, Jakupovic if ready

So:

Jakupovic

Simpson Maguire Amartey* Chilwell

Albrighton Wilf King Gray

Okazaki

Slimani

*I've gone for Amartey as I think he is going to be mr utility and most likely to be trusted against Man U at the weekend if Morgan isn't going to be back. In fact if Morgan is out for a while I would chose the back 3/4/5 I am going to play at Old Trafford otherwise that will be the first time they play together against Lukaku and co

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

I little bit of rotation, Gray and Chilwell must start, one of Ulloa and Slimani to come in, Benny, Amartey or Knight to partner Maguire, King in for James, Jakupovic if ready

So:

Jakupovic

Simpson Maguire Amartey* Chilwell

Albrighton Wilf King Gray

Okazaki

Slimani

*I've gone for Amartey as I think he is going to be mr utility and most likely to be trusted against Man U at the weekend if Morgan isn't going to be back. In fact if Morgan is out for a while I would chose the back 3/4/5 I am going to play at Old Trafford otherwise that will be the first time they play together against Lukaku and co

When was the last time we saw Amartey at centre back during a Premier League game? It seems we use anyone but him, can't see him being put in against Man Utd. What makes you think he will? 

Archived