Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

I imagine this may get deleted but.......

I do not want him banned, I just want the ability for him to face the challenges of his expressed views.  As long as the debate stays reasonable in tone (even if the content is difficult) it should not be stopped.  At least that is my two pence worth. X

Admittedly, if it's a choice between locking threads and closing FT entirely down, sure, threads will be locked. Lock away.

However, other forums seem to be able to allow controversial opinions and disagreements (presumably on the grounds that they make it clear that views expressed are the poster's, not the Forum's) without anywhere near as much lockage.

Maybe it's because I look at mostly Scottish forums, and there's different law up here... I wouldn't pretend to be an expert in the legal issues involved in running a forum. 

Should've been moved to the general chat forum.

There was a big misunderstanding for what Thracian said, I think he got a bit confused but he should've gotten a proper chance to expand on what he was seeing because he came off for many as insensitive to that matter

People should be allowed to express themselves as long as they don't step over other people. Which many people here think he did, he should've not mixed homosexuality with kid rapists

He said the he doesn't care what people's orientations are, and he was even trying to talk about a very sensitive subject but it wasn't the right time nor place. He went out of subject.

Just now, Kinowe Soorie said:

Don't think it's your place to recommend who gets banned.

Not banned, but I've been put on time out for an admittedly terribly judged joke.  If anything deserves time on the naughty step, equating homosexuality to paedophilia is that thing.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It's still there. 

Has he seriously not been banned for that?   Mods have a word.  Like serious, give the plonker some time out.

I got three day ban just over a year ago for calling someone a ****, yet apparently posting what he did, and numerous posts of a similar nature, don't warrant a ban. Wymesy comment about him being respected are way off. Firstly, so what. God help anyone who respects him. Secondly, he'll never learn unless he's directly punished, locking threads isn't punishing him, so he'll continue to believe his behaviour is fine. Ban him and make him realise his disgusting views have no place anywhere.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not banned, but I've been put on time out for an admittedly terribly judged joke.  If anything deserves time on the naughty step, equating homosexuality to paedophilia is that thing.

Potential homosexuality?

1 minute ago, steveherbe said:

Did you seriously not get the irony there? Also known as satire. Dont bother, I'm off to find a forum that doesnt take itself seriously

Did you think that second bit was talking about you?   I was talking about Thracian just like everyone else mentioning banning in this thread.

3 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

I missed it and do care. Who's gonna Craig David me

FILL ME IN

Well, it started with comments about a tweet by a guy called Chris Whiting who was offended by the homophobic chanting by some of our fans on Saturday against Brighton.

It started a big discussion about whether it is abhorrent or people should just toughen up in this over PC culture and anyone offended "should have been around in the 70s" (which is when fans were super tough and anything said was just banter). 

There were then lots of coherent arguments about why it was wrong to chant homophobic (or any other slurs that targeted gender, race, religion or sexual preference) and some folks still insisting it was banter. 

We we also had participation from the @Foxes Pride LGBT Fan Group - welcome! Which was great and hopefully created awareness about the good work they do

Then one poster invoked the "nuclear" (or Trump) option and equated LGBT to the awful things that have been found out to happen to youth players. Lots of coherent arguments against, plus some outrage and surprise, came out and then the mods shut down the thread. 

@RumbleFox - did I miss anything? 

Rumble then started this thread asking why the other was shut down 

Mods - hopefully my summary is ok? Happy to edit if needed - PM me if so. 

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

Should've been moved to the general chat forum.

There was a big misunderstanding for what Thracian said, I think he got a bit confused but he should've gotten a proper chance to expand on what he was seeing instead of 10+ "I'm disappointed in you" comments. 

People should be allowed to express themselves as long as they don't step over other people. Which many people here think he did, he should've not mixed homosexuality with kid rapists

He said the he doesn't care what people's orientations are, and he was even trying to talk about a very sensitive subject but it wasn't the right time nor place. He went out of subject.

Why even mention paedophilia in a thread about anti homosexual chanting? The abuse of young footballers and paedophilia are very important issues, but if you're not equating paedophilia with homosexuality, why bring it up?

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I got three day ban just over a year ago for calling someone a ****, yet apparently posting what he did, and numerous posts of a similar nature, don't warrant a ban. Wymesy comment about him being respected are way off. Firstly, so what. God help anyone who respects him. Secondly, he'll never learn unless he's directly punished, locking threads isn't punishing him, so he'll continue to believe his behaviour is fine. Ban him and make him realise his disgusting views have no place anywhere.

It's not what you did but who you did it too. I'm a hero round these parts.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Why even mention paedophilia in a thread about anti homosexual chanting? The abuse of young footballers and paedophilia are very important issues, but if you're not equating paedophilia with homosexuality, why bring it up?

I edited my comment a bit so people won't get confused. And I agree, that thread wasn't talking about paedophilia so it wasn't the right place to talk about it.

I think he was pointing out that there are bigger problems than homosexuality and he came off to many as a person trying to undermine a thing to highlight another. 

I think the matter should be cleared before the word "homophobic" starts to be thrown around.

Archived