Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

I imagine this may get deleted but.......

16 minutes ago, the fox said:

I edited my comment a bit so people won't get confused. And I agree, that thread wasn't talking about paedophilia so it wasn't the right place to talk about it.

I think he was pointing out that there are bigger problems than homosexuality and he came off to many as a person trying to undermine a thing to highlight another. 

I think the matter should be cleared before the word "homophobic" starts to be thrown around.

There a plenty of more important issues than the one getting talked about at any moment in time. I listen to BBC radio 5 live most mornings and at 9am they have a phone in discussion and some days it's a really trivial subject. We can't talk about the big things all the time, and sometimes what seems little to us is massive to others anyway. Or sometimes sorting the little things helps sort the big things, so nothing is unimportant. It was a discussion about homophobic chanting am there was no need to bring in paedophilia, and certain not because it a more important topic or you might as well bring Brexit or Nothn Korea into it too.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

There a plenty of more important issues than the one getting talked about at any moment in time. I listen to BBC radio 5 live most mornings and at 9am they have a phone in discussion and some days it's a really trivial subject. We can't talk about the big things all the time, and sometimes what seems little to us is massive to others anyway. Or sometimes sorting the little things helps soft the big things, so nothing is unimportant. It was a discussion about homophobic chanting am there was no need to bring in paedophilia, and certain not because it a more important topic or you might as well bring Brexit or Nothn Korea into it too.

I bet all paedos voted remain.

20 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Well, it started with comments about a tweet by a guy called Chris Whiting who was offended by the homophobic chanting by some of our fans on Saturday against Brighton.

It started a big discussion about whether it is abhorrent or people should just toughen up in this over PC culture and anyone offended "should have been around in the 70s" (which is when fans were super tough and anything said was just banter). 

There were then lots of coherent arguments about why it was wrong to chant homophobic (or any other slurs that targeted gender, race, religion or sexual preference) and some folks still insisting it was banter. 

We we also had participation from the @Foxes Pride LGBT Fan Group - welcome! Which was great and hopefully created awareness about the good work they do

Then one poster invoked the "nuclear" (or Trump) option and equated LGBT to the awful things that have been found out to happen to youth players. Lots of coherent arguments against, plus some outrage and surprise, came out and then the mods shut down the thread. 

@RumbleFox - did I miss anything? 

Rumble then started this thread asking why the other was shut down 

Mods - hopefully my summary is ok? Happy to edit if needed - PM me if so. 

I think you covered most of it.  There were quite a few posts in there in praise of not only my superior intellect but also my imposing physique and pendulous member which you seem to have overlooked but not a bad summary overall. X

Thrac has been a backwards minded dinosaur since I joined this place over a decade ago. I'm sure what he said was just a mixture of the impact of unconscious mind washing and fear of being so out of touch with society in 2017. Feel for the guy as it must be a crap way to live. 

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Thrac has been a backwards minded dinosaur since I joined this place over a decade ago. I'm sure what he said was just a mixture of the impact of unconscious mind washing and fear of being so out of touch with society in 2017. Feel for the guy a starter it must be a crap way to live. 

Wise words.

It did go south and probably was right to be locked. It descended into unsavoury territories that was completely unrelated to the subject at hand.

Despite his politics I never had an issue with Thrac but those last few pages was offensive. It was bang out of order. 

26 minutes ago, the fox said:

I edited my comment a bit so people won't get confused. And I agree, that thread wasn't talking about paedophilia so it wasn't the right place to talk about it.

I think he was pointing out that there are bigger problems than homosexuality and he came off to many as a person trying to undermine a thing to highlight another. 

I think the matter should be cleared before the word "homophobic" starts to be thrown around.

I suggest you read what he wrote again (though it's probably best not to).  He said that his comment didn't concern "legal" homosexual behaviour before making it clear that he holds homosexuals responsible for the paedophilia scandal.  He literally said the two entities are "associated" and referred to it as the "actions of so many homosexuals". 

He said lots of other offensive stuff but it simply doesn't bear repeating.

Can I just say, I do not want to see Thracian banned, or for him to feel like he is being ganged up on, nor do I want to look like I am somehow "superior".  As a "lefty" part of our problem is a perceived loftiness which I am loathe to fan the flames of.  I just want Thracian to be able to see what people think, to have people disagree with him and for him to be able to debate with them.  I do not believe in silencing people but rather hoping that a reasoned debate, albeit slowly, might raise the collective consciousness of all involved.  If I were to say something and someone pointed out it was hurtful I would be pleased.  Yes, I may feel defensive at first but, if I thought they were right, I would gladly change my viewpoint.

X

9 minutes ago, sdb said:

Thrac has been a backwards minded dinosaur since I joined this place over a decade ago. I'm sure what he said was just a mixture of the impact of unconscious mind washing and fear of being so out of touch with society in 2017. Feel for the guy as it must be a crap way to live. 

Not sure why exactly but I imagine Jeremy Corbyn speaking when he posts at times..:unsure:

56 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I feel the same. I don't even think they should necessarily delete the offending posts because he was in the minority and was being made to look a little foolish so they could have let it flow.  What annoys me is (and this has happened before) they are happy to let a thread go on and for comments like Thracian's to be made but then when people start to challenge it gets locked.  I wonder if Thracian complained? I am annoyed by the mods of this forum.  Thracian starts a thread where he, for no reason, starts to fan the flames of disliking a new young player (Iheanacho), accusing him of all sorts without substance and the thread stands open.  I know some will think I am overreacting but that Iheanacho thread is pure nastiness.  Look at Gray, Thracian has played a big part in making him so disliked and now he starts on Iheanacho for no reason.  Then in another thread Thracian makes comments which many found to be in need of challenging and the thread stays open.  Then people challenge his views and suddenly it is locked.  If I were less of a lazy bast8rd I'd make some kind of stance but I am an abhorrent wretch, full of apathy. X

I reckon there is someone on here who winds you up a bit ......      wonder who it could be ? ...    :whistle:

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure why exactly but I imagine Jeremy Corbyn speaking when he posts at times..:unsure:

Of all people it's not Corbyn I'd be visualising when he post. Probably someone else with facial hair lol

Given what someone was banned for earlier, it's incredible that @Thracian is still here. This isn't the first time that the bigoted fool has embarrassed this forum and it won't be the last. He'll be loving this. 

Send him packing to Bentley's Roof.

The reaction to his posts reflected well on the forum though. 

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

I've suggested it before, but this forum is a nunnery compared to other forums.

There is hardly any controversy.

I say let idiots express themselves and be shouted down.  If someone breaches the forum rules, delete the post and sanction the poster.

Edited to add - I appreciate that Admins feel they have to protect us from unpalatable stuff.

Wow ! What have I missed? Unpalatable posts? Thracian implicated ??? Really????? 

Archived