Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Ulloa new contract

32 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

What's the point?

I get the feeling that it's a payoff of sorts, to keep the peace. His agent alluded to this when he went on his rant to the media - that it was as much the financial aspect as the gametime aspect. TBH Ulloa had a point. His stance was that he was getting old with a low value contract that was running down. If we had sold him in January to Sunderland he'd probably currently be on a 30k contract for 3-4 years effectively securing his family's future. By us refusing the move (I believe him when he said Ranieri went back on his promise to sell) he's probably being paid similar but only for 1 year more. His other suitors have gone now as he's now older, become rusty from not playing, and they're less desperate in the summer window. As we aren't playing him, and weren't offering him a new contract, he would probably have been released for free in a year and struggle to find a decent last big contract. This will probably cost us like 2m extra, but I think it's 'morally' fair enough, plus we have the bonus of insurance if the 4 strikers ahead of him are suddenly struck down with an injury crisis.

I trust that Shakey rates Slim higher than Ulloa and won't bin off Slim. (hopefully the board doesn't interfere in that for financial reasons :mellow:)

Wasbt he bitching about lack of game time back in January and handed in a transfer request? Now he's suddenly happy to remain 4th choice. 

This is purely financial and I don't blame him. He was still on the 2014 contract he signed. Guys like Gray and Ndidi are on more than him and they're 20-21 years old. Ulloa is now probably happy with the new contract and content with being 4th choice and see his career out here. 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Wasbt he bitching about lack of game time back in January and handed in a transfer request? Now he's suddenly happy to remain 4th choice. 

This is purely financial and I don't blame him. He was still on the 2014 contract he signed. Guys like Gray and Ndidi are on more than him and they're 20-21 years old. Ulloa is now probably happy with the new contract and content with being 4th choice and see his career out here. 

Not even 4th choice. 5th at best. 6th for  me because i'd put Musa on ahead of him all day

29 minutes ago, brucey said:

I get the feeling that it's a payoff of sorts, to keep the peace. His agent alluded to this when he went on his rant to the media - that it was as much the financial aspect as the gametime aspect. TBH Ulloa had a point. His stance was that he was getting old with a low value contract that was running down. If we had sold him in January to Sunderland he'd probably currently be on a 30k contract for 3-4 years effectively securing his family's future. By us refusing the move (I believe him when he said Ranieri went back on his promise to sell) he's probably being paid similar but only for 1 year more. His other suitors have gone now as he's now older, become rusty from not playing, and they're less desperate in the summer window. As we aren't playing him, and weren't offering him a new contract, he would probably have been released for free in a year and struggle to find a decent last big contract. This will probably cost us like 2m extra, but I think it's 'morally' fair enough, plus we have the bonus of insurance if the 4 strikers ahead of him are suddenly struck down with an injury crisis.

I trust that Shakey rates Slim higher than Ulloa and won't bin off Slim. (hopefully the board doesn't interfere in that for financial reasons :mellow:)

He doesn't need any sort of pay off, he's been paid handsomely ever since he's been here. When he signed his contract presumably he was happy and if the club chose not to let him go that's their perogative also. Greedy man and greedy agent.

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He doesn't need any sort of pay off, he's been paid handsomely ever since he's been here. When he signed his contract presumably he was happy and if the club chose not to let him go that's their perogative also. Greedy man and greedy agent.

Stupid club as well.

We won the PL, we were robbed of a CL semi final last season yet we are signing a regressing Championship level player.

Players who are regressing = team regressing, the opposite of what the club state they are looking to achieve.

Archived